Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I for one like the new moves with TC & Marrone

Quote:No whining, just stating facts.

No facts, just whining.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm fully onboard with it. I'm more optimistic than I've been in a loooong time. I might just buy season tix again. This is going to be the best season we've had for quite a while.

Quote:Pretty sure you can find me somewhere saying this was my ideal scenario. I'm excited. Does anyone know if the rest of the staff is Staying?

Been reported D staff are staying
No Fun

Quote:I hate to get involved in any of the personal attacks that happen on TMB.

But you voice your opinion.

Your opinion is not a " fact"

And you degrade and belittle other people because of their opinion on. A regular basis....

It's not fun to interact with you man.

Wow, i dont belittle anyone on here. Its the other way around.

Quote:And your opinion is fact?
I never claimed any of my opinions are facts.. Webster's clearly states that facts and opinions are two very different things.

I believe Webster's lol...

Wait. Lol where did that statement come from? Way outta left field lol.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 11:14 PM by Yo Boy.)

We should come back to this thread at the end of the season.. Lol ... Marrone I believe is better then Gus but not by a huge margin. People he was on the coaching staff wit Gus bad teams... People it was his o-line that sucked.. I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst. I like Tom being here... I can see him booting Caldwell and Marrone if this don't pan out...

Quote:Wow, i dont belittle anyone on here. Its the other way around.
OK I concede that.

A lot of people do talk trash to you.

And I don't condone that either.

But you called me delusional?

It's just passion man.

I get it.

And I won't loose a second of sleep over any of it

Quote:We should come back to this thread at the end of the season.. Lol ... Marrone I believe is better then Gus but not by a huge margin. People he was on the coaching staff wit Gus bad teams... People it was his o-line that sucked.. I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst. I like Tom being here... I can see him booting Caldwell and Marrone if this don't pan out...
I'm with you...

Let's come back here this time next year.

I'm actually gonna put it in my Google calendar.

Quote:Been reported D staff are staying

Well that's less than ideal for me but hopefully wash changes things up to where guys like fowler and Ramsey don't feel miscast.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:And what accountability was there? Only person fired was Gus. The same vanilla coaching staff is intact.
It doesn't mean the playbooks and the play calls will be the same.

It doesn't mean there won't be an increased emphasis on discipline or increased accountability for players and coaches.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I will like it if there is a shakeup on the staff, if not it's essentially a [BAD WORD REMOVED] joke and they brought back the entire clown show minus the head clown.

Yep, what he said!

I'm frustrated with keeping Wash and the defensive staff for sure. But you have to remember Gus likely forced some things on Wash. He hired Babich to do whatever he wanted, then fired him and hired from within instead of going for a guy like Schwartz. I'm sure Wash will change things up if he sticks which it sounds like. Probably more of a general 4-3. He already was getting rid of the OTTO talk after Gus was fired, saying it's "just a SAM Linebacker".

In regards to hiring Coughlin, I think it means Khan is not real sure of Caldwell. He wants someone else to watch and give him an independent opinion. It also means Khan has enough humility to know that it's hard for a bumper manufacturer to really ask tough questions of a football general manager. Basically, it's Khan admitting he doesn't know what he doesn't know. Coughlin is now his right hand man to help him on the football side. That's a good move.

Khan: "This plan doesn't seem to be working."

Caldwell:  "It's working.  Just give it more time."

Khan:  "Are you sure?  Maybe I need a second opinion.  Maybe I need someone to take over your job if I have to fire you.  As a matter of fact, maybe you need a boss that knows more than I do.  Because when I ask you these questions, I'm not sure I'm getting the right answer, but heck, I'm a bumper salesman, what do I know?" 

Basically, I think Coughlin is Khan's surrogate.  Khan is running all over the world trying to sell bumpers, while his team is going 3-13.  He can't afford to spend the time necessary to figure out what's what with the Jags and get things turned around.  So he's done the smart thing and delegated that duty to Coughlin. 

Quote:In regards to hiring Coughlin, I think it means Khan is not real sure of Caldwell. He wants someone else to watch and give him an independent opinion. It also means Khan has enough humility to know that it's hard for a bumper manufacturer to really ask tough questions of a football general manager. Basically, it's Khan admitting he doesn't know what he doesn't know. Coughlin is now his right hand man to help him on the football side. That's a good move.

Caldwell:  "It's working.  Just give it more time."

Khan:  "Are you sure?  Maybe I need a second opinion.  Maybe I need someone to take over your job if I have to fire you.  As a matter of fact, maybe you need a boss that knows more than I do.  Because when I ask you these questions, I'm not sure I'm getting the right answer, but heck, I'm a bumper salesman, what do I know?" 

Basically, I think Coughlin is Khan's surrogate.  Khan is running all over the world trying to sell bumpers, while his team is going 3-13.  He can't afford to spend the time necessary to figure out what's what with the Jags and get things turned around.  So he's done the smart thing and delegated that duty to Coughlin.

About the most reasonable take I've heard yet.

Quote:In regards to hiring Coughlin, I think it means Khan is not real sure of Caldwell. He wants someone else to watch and give him an independent opinion. It also means Khan has enough humility to know that it's hard for a bumper manufacturer to really ask tough questions of a football general manager. Basically, it's Khan admitting he doesn't know what he doesn't know. Coughlin is now his right hand man to help him on the football side. That's a good move.

Caldwell: "It's working. Just give it more time."

Khan: "Are you sure? Maybe I need a second opinion. Maybe I need someone to take over your job if I have to fire you. As a matter of fact, maybe you need a boss that knows more than I do. Because when I ask you these questions, I'm not sure I'm getting the right answer, but heck, I'm a bumper salesman, what do I know?"

Basically, I think Coughlin is Khan's surrogate. Khan is running all over the world trying to sell bumpers, while his team is going 3-13. He can't afford to spend the time necessary to figure out what's what with the Jags and get things turned around. So he's done the smart thing and delegated that duty to Coughlin.

Like I said in another post, Coughlin is someone hired to help Khan. It shows more that he doesn't trust himself, not Caldwell.

Coughlin helps bridge the gap between Caldwell and Khan (who is basically clueless when it comes to football.)

I'm pretty confident Dave will still handle drafting. I'm sure Tom will get some input, but they will likely just have split up duties.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Like I said in another post, Coughlin is someone hired to help Khan. It shows more that he doesn't trust himself, not Caldwell.

Coughlin helps bridge the gap between Caldwell and Khan (who is basically clueless when it comes to football.)

I'm pretty confident Dave will still handle drafting. I'm sure Tom will get some input, but they will likely just have split up duties.

So it's kind of like Khan replaced himself with Coughlin.  That is what makes the most sense to me.  Whether it's true or not we will probably find out today. 

Khan knows nothings about football. He's an owner and I am glad he's realizing this. Coughlin at least offers nearly four decades of football knowledge. He's had success everywhere he's coached. He's a home town favorite. It does go a long way in making amends with the fan base. Ultimately, we just need to see some wins. Winning cures all. If Marrone is that guy. Awesome. We'll see. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I'm totally fine with the changes.  I think Marrone is a fine football coach, kinda like a younger, saltier Tom Coughlin.  Marrone did a nice job with the OL, going from 71 sacks the year before he was hired, to 51 last year and 35 this year.  Run game did not develop as much, but looked good when Ivory was healthy and managed to make Corey Grant look good.  The OL will get an infusion of talent in the offseason.