Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is it possible?

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2014, 12:02 PM by JAGANTIUS.)

I been a jag fan for a long time. No jokes aside do you think this team can go 0-16? I looked up the stats from the 2008 Detroit (0-16) Lions team look:

Points Scored: 27th

Yards: 30th

Points Allowed: 32nd

Point Scored(defense): 32nd

Rushing: 352 attempts 1332 yards 10 TD

Passing: 2960 TD: 18 Int: 19

I know it sounds crazy but this Jag team may have trouble reaching some of those numbers the Lions had especially in rushing, and we know how horrible that Lions team was (worst ever). That's why I ask do you think 

its feasible for this team to go 0-16?

PS. 2011 Jags vs 2014 Jags who wins?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I been a jag fan for a long time. No jokes aside do you think this team can go 0-16? I looked up the stats from the 2008 Detroit (0-16) Lions team look:

Points Scored: 27th
Yards: 30th
Points Allowed: 32nd
Point Scored(defense): 32nd
Rushing: 352 attempts 1332 yards 10 TD
Passing: 2960 TD: 18 Int: 19

I know it sounds crazy but this Jag team may have trouble reaching some of those numbers the Lions had especially in rushing, and we know how horrible that Lions team was (worst ever). That's why I ask do you think

its feasible for this team to go 0-16?

PS. 2011 Jags vs 2014 Jags who wins?

A lot of people said this last year too and they finished with 4 wins. They're going to win at least one of their next three so they won't go winless. I think they'll equal last year's win total at least.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I think they win this weekend.

Possible, yes...but even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.  I think we'll win 2 or 3.

One of these years.............

NO  --- I honestly think we're a better team then last year and we'll see continued progress with Bortles throughout the season.

I see at least 2 wins -- Titans + 1 other team ... not certain which team.

Quote:I think they win this weekend.

They better win. Charlie Whitehurst is a scrub. We better not make him look like Brady.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:NO  --- I honestly think we're a better team then last year and we'll see continued progress with Bortles throughout the season.

I see at least 2 wins -- Titans + 1 other team ... not certain which team.
How is that better than last year?

Quote:How is that better than last year?
Bingo

No way unless bortles just fall flat the wins will come at some point.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

It's possible there wont be as many bad teams on the back end of the schedule cashing in for a shot at better draft positions, like last season. 

I've said 0-16 a bunch of times so far on this board in the last 4 weeks..

In all honesty, Bortles' talent alone should be enough for this team to win at least 1-2 games going forward. Now if this team does in fact go 0-16, would anyone really be surprised? Not me.. 

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

0-16 is possible and more likely than not.  This team stinks in so many areas it's hard to look at any team we can beat.

I believe the 0-16 lions would beat us right now.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Not a chance.

Going 0'fer would be devastating to the locker room so I don't see it happening.  Teams on the schedule get injuries and outlooks change.  Even though we are young and inexperienced, going winless would be a heck of a task with a noted weaker schedule.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I believe the 0-16 lions would beat us right now.
I'd break my golden rule about never betting on the jags, and bet on them in this case.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2014, 02:03 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Jags32250 --- I think the team is better but that does not necessarily translate to more wins.  THINK ABOUT IT !!!    The Browns are better, the Texans are better, etc.   We can actually be a better team but get less wins that last year.  I never stated that we were better in comparison with the rest of the league.  Didn't realize my statement was that difficult to comprehend.   I'll attempt to be more explicit with my posts from now on so "everyone" can fully understand them without further explanation.

Analogy -- Johnny has 12 apples and obtains 1 apple per day for 7 days.  Sally has 10 apples but obtains 2 apples per day for 7 days.   Does Johnny have more apples then he did last week?  Does Johnny have more apples then Sally at the end of the week?

Answer key:  Yes, Johnny has more apples then he did last week.   No, Johnny does not have more apples then Sally at the end of the week.

Analogy explanation:  Johnny actually has more apples (e.g. Jags are actually better) but the rate of growth (e.g. improvement) is less than the Sally (e.g. opponent).

If we go winless the bigger issue will be that Bortles isn't the guy.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2014, 02:26 PM by Jags32250.)

Quote:Jags32250 --- I think the team is better but that does not necessarily translate to more wins.  THINK ABOUT IT !!!    The Browns are better, the Texans are better, etc.   We can actually be a better team but get less wins that last year.  I never stated that we were better in comparison with the rest of the league.  Didn't realize my statement was that difficult to comprehend.   I'll attempt to be more explicit with my posts from now on so "everyone" can fully understand them without further explanation.

Analogy -- Johnny has 12 apples and obtains 1 apple per day for 7 days.  Sally has 10 apples but obtains 2 apples per day for 7 days.   Does Johnny have more apples then he did last week?  Does Johnny have more apples then Sally at the end of the week?

Answer key:  Yes, Johnny has more apples then he did last week.   No, Johnny does not have more apples then Sally at the end of the week.

Analogy explanation:  Johnny actually has more apples (e.g. Jags are actually better) but the rate of growth (e.g. improvement) is less than the Sally (e.g. opponent).
The Browns and the Texans are better, and they are winning football games.   

Your above response is derogatory, asinine and somewhat laughable.  So by your logic, your team makes progress while the rest of the league makes more progress, you call that better?  The objective here is to win football games, that's it.  That's the point of the game.  So if you are getting better at a slower rate that everyone else, you are not actually making any progress.  Why am i explaining this?

Here's one way to look at the Jags hopes of winning a few. 

The Jags D held the Steelers to one TD. They held  Ben to right at his average passing yards per game. They held their run game to a bit less than their average. (111 yds allowed - they were averaging north of 140 per game) 

So --  if the D can play that well or better against a handful of our opponents remaining -- all that needs happen is for Bortles to have a few good outings where he doesn't throw the easy pick and doesn't suffer as many drops.  It's do-able.  It'll take improvement - but we'll win a few. 

Quote:If we go winless the bigger issue will be that Bortles isn't the guy.

Quote:Here's one way to look at the Jags hopes of winning a few. 

The Jags D held the Steelers to one TD. They held  Ben to right at his average passing yards per game. They held their run game to a bit less than their average. (111 yds allowed - they were averaging north of 140 per game) 

So --  if the D can play that well or better against a handful of our opponents remaining -- all that needs happen is for Bortles to have a few good outings where he doesn't throw the easy pick and doesn't suffer as many drops.  It's do-able.  It'll take improvement - but we'll win a few.

Spot on.