Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
McCray should remain the starter

Even with a healthy Gratz, I feel that McCray has earned a starting spot in the limited time he's played.

No real badly blown coverages, and did a pretty good job with Antonio Brown as well.

Discuss

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Was really impressed with his play. Beatiful pass defensed in the endzone early in the game.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I liked him too. He was all over Antonio Brown. But he needs to work work on avoiding pass intereference penalties because we got lucky when they picked up the flag.

Quote:Even with a healthy Gratz, I feel that McCray has earned a starting spot in the limited time he's played.

No real badly blown coverages, and did a pretty good job with Antonio Brown as well.

Discuss
He made a few plays - he left a few out there. All in all - not bad.  If FBT is to be believed - they are grooming Gratz for the slot (nickel) anyway - so this would be the natural next step. Colvin could potentially take Ball's place if he's not re-signed. 

Wouldn't hate that scenario - makes sense on paper.  As long as they draft a stud at FS - this alignment may work fine to solidify this young secondary.  

Is Alan Ball going to be a free agent after this season?

How many times are you going to say he was 'almost' flagged for pass interference? The ref said it was no flag for offensive pass interference; not defensive. Brown pushed off.

Quote:How many times are you going to say he was 'almost' flagged for pass interference? The ref said it was no flag for offensive pass interference; not defensive. Brown pushed off.

She has a unique perspective on things.

Quote:Is Alan Ball going to be a free agent after this season?
yes

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4338/alan-ball      (click on contract details)

I agree 100%

McCray should start and move Gratz to the nickle corner

Either Nickel or the right side where he played in college.

Quote:How many times are you going to say he was 'almost' flagged for pass interference? The ref said it was no flag for offensive pass interference; not defensive. Brown pushed off.

The contact went both ways.

Quote:The contact went both ways.

Wrong.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Is Alan Ball going to be a free agent after this season?

He was always meant to be a temp fill in until they drafted/developed their guys. Balls future depends on Colvins rehab, and Jags can never have too many decent CBs

Quote:He was always meant to be a temp fill in until they drafted/developed their guys. Balls future depends on Colvins rehab, and Jags can never have too many decent CBs

And he has been a good fill-in. Too bad the team didn't find more like him at other positions.

McCray all the way.  Gratz at nickel.

Gratz wasn't cleared from the concussion program yesterday.  That's not good, but it probably means that McCray will get another chance to start this weekend to show it wasn't a fluke.

He certainly seemed to do a better job defending passes than what we've seen previously....

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

He held the hottest WR in the NFL to an average game. I was impressed by him. Hope he can keep it going.
No commercial messages in sigs

Re - sign ball start McCray on the other side, relegate Gratz to nickel

Quote:Re - sign ball start McCray on the other side, relegate Gratz to nickel

McCray playing decent in one game should not discourage the team from targeting a new, better CB in the draft