Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Johnathan Cyprien

Just a quick question. Why do I keep hearing Jonathan Cyprien is this all world safety? Jarius Byrd his rookie year had 9 int....9!

Yet I heard Solomon Wilcox on the broadcast today say today say Cyprien is great...Seriously? I know he's in his second year but I would love to see more

impact plays...how about baiting a QB into an Int like Eric Weddle, or force more turnovers. I think he can be good but the great label has to stop

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Average

Jag fans are conditioned to see mediocre players as perennial pro bowlers. It's just the we are conditioned. Don't fight it.

He's nothing. Looks like another street free agent we have on the team. He fits in perfectly with the others.

Isnt Byrd a ballhawking FS? Cyp is solid but not as advertised

Just a guy so far.  I can't recall one major play he has made all year.  I know he got beat on a crucial 3rd down today.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Our lack of pass rush makes the already less than talented secondary look even less talented.

I see we're going after everybody at this point.

Quote:Our lack of pass rush makes the already less than talented secondary look even less talented.

We have a pass rush, but it is inconsistant.

Quote:I see we're going after everybody at this point.

Lol, just as I thought. Every Jag fan is done with losing. 7 years is our breaking point. I'd say we have patience, but we can't take it any longer.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Cyprien isn't a liability on defense.  So yeah, he's a keeper...  

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2014, 10:02 PM by Amat3uR.)

Strong safety has strong safety stats.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id...y-polamalu

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id...an-cyprien

Pretty much.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Lol, just as I thought. Every Jag fan is done with losing. 7 years is our breaking point. I'd say we have patience, but we can't take it any longer.

So what's your solution? Get rid of everyone and start another 3-4 year rebuild? Makes perfect sense.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Meh he's one of the last people I'm worried about in the secondary. 

Not a concern.   Worry about FS not SS.  When he's not trying to do his job as well as cover the incompetence at FS and OLB he'll be fine. 

Quote:So what's your solution? Get rid of everyone and start another 3-4 year rebuild? Makes perfect sense.

I want to keep him. My take was no one is safe from fury after this loss.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

It was so much easier and convenient when we could just blame everything wrong with the team on Henne. Now we've opened Pandora's box and don't know how to handle such large amounts of ineptitude without Henne playing. We're still struggling to find a sacrificial lamb. I'm predicting week 12 for the message board to settle on a new person who is holding the team back and causing all the issues. Then instead of 50 topics about 30 different members of the organization, we'll be back to the usual 50 threads about 1 player. I, in the famous words of Bart Scott, "CAN'T WAIT."

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

This lol. Who's next scobee? That Blake is a problem thread is some serious reaching.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2014, 11:00 PM by Solid Snake.)

He's a strong safety. FS's typically are in coverage more often with the SS doing somewhat double duty and supporting more against the run.