Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Johnathan Cyprien

In my eyes, he's the same as Alualu... people talk about him like he's the man, yet he's not done anything on the field. 

He's almost like Poz, he gets a ton of tackles, but never a tackle that's worth anything. His tackles are all 5-10 yards down the field and are made from being on the field 40 mins a game. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Cyprien is our best player in the back 7. Think about early on in his rookie year when he was getting picked on in coverage and missing tackles. The guy has shown clear improvement, and does his dang job.

Evans, on the other hand, is a mess out there.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Would like to see some impact plays by him, but considering how terrible everyone else is it seems, I'm alright if he just isn't a liability. Having him out after the concussion showed everyone that he's at least doing a competent job out there.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

No complaints about Cyp, he's doing his job. Can't really complain too much about the secondary other than one of the CBs getting beat by a fullback.

That linebacking core though...Jesus. The one group that has managed to be less consistent than the secondary.

Then again, this loss falls squarely on the offense. If the offense stepped up we would have won the game.The Fisch is just a horrible play caller though.

Quote:He's a strong safety. FS's typically are in coverage more often with the SS doing somewhat double duty and supporting more against the run. 
Thats crap.  He is not an enforcer in the run game or the pass game.

A true SS makes receivers fear going across the middle and can shoot down the running lanes and make big plays in the backfield.  He does neither.  He is not good or not bad just an average Joe so far.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Thats crap. He is not an enforcer in the run game or the pass game.

A true SS makes receivers fear going across the middle and can shoot down the running lanes and make big plays in the backfield. He does neither. He is not good or not bad just an average Joe so far.

Then again, safeties aren't allowed to hit receivers anymore, so I applaud Cypo avoiding 15 yd penalties.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

You can't grade guys like Cyprien until have a competent defense. You can't really flash on a D this bad. 

Quote:Then again, safeties aren't allowed to hit receivers anymore, so I applaud Cypo avoiding 15 yd penalties.

That's bs. I'd rather him be in the picture attempting a play and taking a penalty once a game than making non impacting TD saving plays 20-30 yards down the field. 

He's literally done nothing worthwhile for this team. 

Quote:That's [BAD WORD REMOVED]. I'd rather him be in the picture attempting a play and taking a penalty once a game than making non impacting TD saving plays 20-30 yards down the field.

He's literally done nothing worthwhile for this team.

TBH I didn't recall hearing his name once. Seems like he's just in the background.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:In my eyes, he's the same as Alualu... people talk about him like he's the man, yet he's not done anything on the field.

He's almost like Poz, he gets a ton of tackles, but never a tackle that's worth anything. His tackles are all 5-10 yards down the field and are made from being on the field 40 mins a game.

I have a problem with comparing him to the 6'3 295 lb piece of poo that is Alualu.

He is a better player than that. We need someone to step up on D. Bad.

We need him, that's for darn sure. He has many good qualities, and is a leader. We need that bad.

Quote:I have a problem with comparing him to the 6'3 295 lb piece of poo that is Alualu.

He is a better player than that. We need someone to step up on D. Bad.

Yeah, I know my original words were kind of atrocious, but I didn't know who else to compare him to on defense. 

Cyprien is literally turning out to be a bust and injury prone at this point. 

Quote:We need him, that's for darn sure. He has many good qualities, and is a leader. We need that bad.

I don't know who he's leading. Maybe the care bears, or some other squad, but geez he isn't leading anything worthwhile, that's for sure. 

Quote:I don't know who he's leading. Maybe the care bears, or some other squad, but geez he isn't leading anything worthwhile, that's for sure.

I suppose I'd say he leads by example. He keeps himself football ready, and is solid at his position. He's a keeper in my view.

I bet in the year Aaron Colvin might be our best back end player

Quote:Just a quick question. Why do I keep hearing Jonathan Cyprien is this all world safety? Jarius Byrd his rookie year had 9 int....9!

Yet I heard Solomon Wilcox on the broadcast today say today say Cyprien is great...Seriously? I know he's in his second year but I would love to see more

impact plays...how about baiting a QB into an Int like Eric Weddle, or force more turnovers. I think he can be good but the great label has to stop
How about shutting down Antonio Gates?

I got into it with someone last week about that, and they pointed out Gates was 34 years old and Cyprien SHOULD shut down a guy that age.

My point is he is still effective despite that age.  He killed Seattle and Arizona, and had a good game yesterday (4-60, 2 TDs).

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2014, 11:19 AM by badger.)

who else are we going to say is good on this defense?

Wilcots has to compliment somebody on this team other than Bortles

Quote:Jag fans are conditioned to see mediocre players as perennial pro bowlers. It's just the we are conditioned. Don't fight it.
Solomon Willcotts is a Jags fan?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Cyprien is nothing special at this moment. I thought he could be but he just does his job, and that's it.

It's sad that the Jags roster is so bad that players of that caliber are considered "key players"

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Our defense played great. Gave up 10 points yesterday. Cyp is a bright spot on this team. Why even do this, guys.