Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Johnathan Cyprien

Maybe if he didnt have to play life saver he could play enforcer. I saw cyp at the single high spot alot and away from the box this game.

Why? The coaches cant trust anybody else to be the only man down the middle of the field. All season guy , evans and the lbs get torched down the middle in cover 3. They put Cyp back there and big ben had to go to the TE's underneath where Cyp would normally be. Ben didnt take one major deep shot right down the middle all game because he was avoiding Cyp.

Why attack a good safety when you can easily torch every remaining member in the secondary and LB group easily. Ask Nick Foles if Cyp is good he didnt throw anything down the middle until Cyp went out on a play where he should have had an Int. Cyp is good the rest ofthe back 7 is atrocious outside of.the occasional Poz tipped pass.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Cyprien is nothing special at this moment. I thought he could be but he just does his job, and that's it.

It's sad that the Jags roster is so bad that players of that caliber are considered "key players"

Its sad when fans downgrade a guy for doing "his job." What is he supposed to do, someone elses job as well? That usually turns out well as when guys do that and miss their own assignment fans tear the guy down for not doing his job.

Cyprien did his job, wasn't beat for any points, and was close to double digit tackles in holding a good Steelers O to 10 points. What are people complaining about?
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:Yeah, I know my original words were kind of atrocious, but I didn't know who else to compare him to on defense. 

Cyprien is literally turning out to be a bust and injury prone at this point.

Cyp is injury prone? If you want to criticize his play that's fine but to say he's injury prone is just silly.

So Bortles, then Cyp. How about Scobee next?

Cyp is doing his job, and with more experience, the pretty stats will come with it. Eventually, he has the potential to become a pro bowler. As of right now, he is our best player on defense.
No commercial messages in sigs

Our defense played well. Not sure they deserve criticism.

Went to a small school with a football program that sucks every season.  He would have looked mediocre if he played in the SEC. 

Quote:Went to a small school with a football program that sucks every season. He would have looked mediocre if he played in the SEC.

Or he would have had big school coaching/ training facilities and been even more beastly. See how that works?

Cyp doesnt lack athletics or physical ability just xp and a supporting cast thats worth anything whatsoever. Can anyone make the claim he hasnt improved over last year?

Jarius Byrd? Isn't that the guy the Saints overpaid this offseason? The guy who is on one of the worst defenses in the league? 

Quote:Jarius Byrd? Isn't that the guy the Saints overpaid this offseason? The guy who is on one of the worst defenses in the league?

Point taken but he's actually on IR.

INT's and other "game breaking plays" are more a product of the entire defense doing their job, and one player making a play when given the opportunity because his teammates forced that opportunity. Right now they cannot even get most of the rest of the team to do their job, much less make flashes to force opportunities. In a situation like that, a Safety is much more likely to have his name come up for mistakes than amazing plays because are not many opportunities to make them and he is trying to fix wholes elsewhere in coverage. Having said that I did expect him to flash more than he has, but now I'm not certain. Seems more like he can become more of a very high floor, low ceiling type than than an All-Pro level No. 1 safety in the NFL type but that is all the Jags really need at the position.

Quote:Strong safety has strong safety stats.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id...y-polamalu

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id...an-cyprien

He had better stats his rookie year than overrated Troy Polamau's rookie year.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:So Bortles, then Cyp. How about Scobee next?

Cyp is doing his job, and with more experience, the pretty stats will come with it. Eventually, he has the potential to become a pro bowler. As of right now, he is our best player on defense.

He really is. Because Poz is a liability everywhere but the sidelines watching.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:He's a strong safety. FS's typically are in coverage more often with the SS doing somewhat double duty and supporting more against the run. 

I think this point needs reiteration...strong safety =/= free safety.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Its sad when fans downgrade a guy for doing "his job." What is he supposed to do, someone elses job as well? That usually turns out well as when guys do that and miss their own assignment fans tear the guy down for not doing his job.

Cyprien did his job, wasn't beat for any points, and was close to double digit tackles in holding a good Steelers O to 10 points. What are people complaining about?
I didn't downgrade him. I said he wasn't anything special right now.

I wouldn't consider him a key defensive player on a defense that isn't fielding FCS-level talent like this one because he doesn't make enough plays for me to call him one.

That isn't a knock towards him. That's just what his performance has shown me so far.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I didn't downgrade him. I said he wasn't anything special right now.

I wouldn't consider him a key defensive player on a defense that isn't fielding FCS-level talent like this one because he doesn't make enough plays for me to call him one.

That isn't a knock towards him. That's just what his performance has shown me so far.

On the flip side, how many times has he been thrown on? Just going by feel, it doesn't feel like a lot.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2014, 01:57 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

He seems like a very average player on a below average team. He isn't the force in the running game making plays in the box and he's not really around the ball in the passing game. Just another area that needs improving. The hype was just hype... we aren't seeing any of it. Again, I think it's in part due to the terrible scheme where everyone on our defense looks like crap every week.

No pain, no gain.

Lord we need to start winning to get rid of some of this negativity . Please

Quote:On the flip side, how many times has he been thrown on? Just going by feel, it doesn't feel like a lot.

Thats the way I look at it.

Quote:He seems like a very average player on a below average team. He isn't the force in the running game making plays in the box and he's not really around the ball in the passing game. Just another area that needs improving. The hype was just hype... we aren't seeing any of it. Again, I think it's in part due to the terrible scheme where everyone on our defense looks like crap every week.
The fact that other teams aren't testing is a bad thing?

Doesn't it mean he's doing his job and not getting beat?
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:Lord we need to start winning to get rid of some of this negativity . Please
Well if there's too much positive energy, TMD will come back and right the ship.

But I'm with you bruh. Sen ' Derrick Marks is the next one to be criticized, I guess. The only play Cyp got beat on, that I've seen, was on the TD play to Malcolm Floyd... Cyp tried to press Gates and Gates beat it. The rest of the day? Cyp looked flawless to me
No commercial messages in sigs