Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stupid things said at / watching Jags games

Quote:Is Cecil playing?

Quote:Probably not, but I think Marqise will.
Holy whoosh factor. Stupid things said at/watching Jags game. Is Cecil playing?? It wasnt a question.  One flew over the cuckoos nest candidate

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:One thing I love hear youth coaches shout around here is something along the lines of "You need to tackle better!" to their players after they missed three tackles in a row. Apparently coaching and pointing out the bleeding obvious are the same thing. 

Oh, if only you knew. Whenever I go to a youth game and I hear something along those lines, I always throw it back at them with the word "coach" inserted. Case in point; Fat loudmouth who demands 110% from his players screams out "Ya gotta hit somebody!"

I respond with "Ya gotta coach somebody!"

I'm not popular in the stands.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2014, 06:47 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:Oh, if only you knew. Whenever I go to a youth game and I hear something along those lines, I always throw it back at them with the word "coach" inserted. Case in point; Fat loudmouth who demands 110% from his players screams out "Ya gotta hit somebody!"

I respond with "Ya gotta coach somebody!"

I'm not popular in the stands.

Maybe you should get out and coach on the field and not from stands.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Maybe you should get out and coach on the field and not from stands.

I agree!

That's why I've been coaching now for over five years! Heck, I even implied as much in this very thread!
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

OK you know what I heard at a game that was really stupid? I am guilty of doing it too.

I can't remember what happened, but everybody was standing and cheering like we made a big play . . . when it was Buffalo that did something great.

?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:OK you know what I heard at a game that was really stupid? I am guilty of doing it too.

I can't remember what happened, but everybody was standing and cheering like we made a big play . . . when it was Buffalo that did something great.

What was it? They thought we invented the fried chicken wing? Then saw the sauce that said Buffalo?

Whew.
Blakes Life Matters

<blank stare with mouth slightly agape>

Quote:What was it? They thought we invented the fried chicken wing? Then saw the sauce that said Buffalo? Whew.

Maybe it was a double-turnover play. I did not record the game so I don't remember what happened.

Ooooohhhh...that makes it crystal clear.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Im going to play Quarterback and throw the ball.

Really? You don't say? I didn't know Quarterbacks DIDN'T throw the ball....

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Im going to play Quarterback and throw the ball.

Really? You don't say? I didn't know Quarterbacks DIDN'T throw the ball....

You know when football was invented no quarterbacks threw the ball.

Quote:You know when football was invented no quarterbacks threw the ball.

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:01101100110011010101011110000110101010101010101

6, 3, 3, 11, 10, 14, 1, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5

Quote:6, 3, 3, 11, 10, 14, 1, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5

Does Not Compute

867-5309...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:867-5309...

Your phone number?

Quote:Your phone number?

Quote:Your phone number?

Only if my name were Jenny...

People around a certain age will get that one. :yes:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Only if my name were Jenny...

People around a certain age will get that one.

I assume you mean people much older than me.