Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Fire Coughlin Thread***

Figured I'd get a head start on this thread now to catch all the bellyaching. For all those complaining about Marrone, his staff, and Caldwell, keep in mind Coughlin signed off on all of these moves. There is now a definitive person you can point your finger to.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Figured I'd get a head start on this thread now to catch all the bellyaching. For all those complaining about Marrone, his staff, and Caldwell, keep in mind Coughlin signed off on all of these moves. There is now a definitive person you can point your finger to.
He did? Well I guess I need to do more reading about these events today. Thought it was Caldwell

To be fair, Coughlin did tell us to keep Gene Smith around.  Or at least so I remember everyone telling me.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Lol... You move fast..

Quote:He did? Well I guess I need to do more reading about these events today. Thought it was Caldwell

Dan Hicken – Verified account ‏@DanHicken

I am told that head coach and gm will answer to vp of football operations...fyi....
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Dan Hicken – Verified account ‏@DanHicken

I am told that head coach and gm will answer to vp of football operations...fyi....
Ok cool

The real thread should be a "please sell the team Khan" thread.

I was lukewarm on the Marrone hire, but I do think Tom may have had a hand in that decision. Hiring him to run football operations makes the underwhelming Marrone hire more tolerable.

We can at least be assured that the team will never look as bad as it has the past few years with Tom at the helm. He won't tolerate it.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I was lukewarm on the Marrone hire, but I do think Tom may have had a hand in that decision. Hiring him to run football operations makes the underwhelming Marrone hire more tolerable.

We can at least be assured that the team will never look as bad as it has the past few years with Tom at the helm. He won't tolerate it.

You said there was no shot we hire Marrone and keep current staff. Welp

I think Tom Coughlin will keep things under control. He is 70 and I don't think he is trying to fail our football team. If he believes in Marrone and Bellichik was being honest then it's a good hire. If not Shad should fire everyone that works for the Jaguars down to the janitors and Tony Khan. Start the 5 year rebuild again lets hope we make the playoffs in 2022!!!!!

Coughlin retained Maronne, he was the guy the SB coach that wanted Maronne. Thats his guy. Coughlin is your GM. He will be the final say on all personnel decisions. 

Quote:I think Tom Coughlin will keep things under control. He is 70 and I don't think he is trying to fail our football team. If he believes in Marrone and Bellichik was being honest then it's a good hire. If not Shad should fire everyone that works for the Jaguars down to the janitors and Tony Khan. Start the 5 year rebuild again lets hope we make the playoffs in 2022!!!!!
Shad needs to sell the team. 

Quote:Shad needs to sell the team. 

Can we sell you instead? We should be able to get a fully digested ham sandwich.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Can we sell you instead? We should be able to get a fully digested ham sandwich.

Is he wrong?

Quote:Is he wrong?

Yes he is wrong. Shad Khan controls the location of this football team and he has apparently decided to keep it in Jacksonville. And now someone wants him to sell it? That is the most purely idiotic thing I've read all day.

Quote:Shad needs to sell the team. 

How much would someone offer? Would get more than what he paid for it plus investments?

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 07:29 PM by temporaryname.)

Quote:Is he wrong?
Is he wrong in saying that Shad should sell the team?  Sure, why not. Instead of having an owner that has a vision for this team and city, we could have one whose only vision is the one he has as he's looking at his rearview mirror as he's driving the moving van to whichever city was the highest bidder.  Be careful what you wish for.... You just may get it.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Coughlin retained Maronne, he was the guy the SB coach that wanted Maronne. Thats his guy. Coughlin is your GM. He will be the final say on all personnel decisions.

Bingo.

The most popular show on tv will be this press conference

Quote:You said there was no shot we hire Marrone and keep current staff. Welp

Nah, FBT aka Tim said he wanted us to bring Carlos on as OC and Pookie to run special teams. Paraphrasing
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~