Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's pack Marcedes' and Cecil's bags

These 2 guys were the only remaining free agents on offense that were supposed to be the backbone of this unit.

They are nowhere to be found, nursing injuries on the sideline.

They are players of marginal talent that can't be relied on.

This offseason, we need to go out and get a couple of veteran playmakers.

Relying on rookies at this many positions is suicide.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:These 2 guys were the only remaining free agents on offense that were supposed to be the backbone of this unit.

They are nowhere to be found, nursing injuries on the sideline.

They are players of marginal talent that can't be relied on.

This offseason, we need to go out and get a couple of veteran playmakers.

Relying on rookies at this many positions is suicide.

I agree.  Building through the draft is great and all but you can't completely gut a roster as they did and rely on drafting to do it for you.  You have to sign veterans to fill gaps and voids.  It helps when you sign good ones too.  

I'm not convinced that coaching isn't a big problem here too.  More on that later...

Quote:I agree.  Building through the draft is great and all but you can't completely gut a roster as they did and rely on drafting to do it for you.  You have to sign veterans to fill gaps and voids.  It helps when you sign good ones too.  

I'm not convinced that coaching isn't a big problem here too.  More on that later...

Agreed there as well.

You can still develop your team through the draft but you should have some decent veterans there playing as well.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

This is the last year of Cecil's contract, so we should not cut him. Marcedes may be good enough to stay as the backup tight end depending on what he does after being recalled from IR, but that remains to be seen.

Quote:This is the last year of Cecil's contract, so we should not cut him. Marcedes may be good enough to stay as the backup tight end depending on what he does after being recalled from IR, but that remains to be seen.

backup tight end don't make that much money.

besides, Lewis has been out of most of the year 2 years in a row now.

he's unreliable and we should not plan with him in the future.

Quote:Backup tight end don't make that much money.

Besides, Lewis has been out of most of the year 2 years in a row now.

He's unreliable and we should not plan with him in the future.

I did not mean include him in future plans. I just thought maybe we should let him play out his contract instead of cut him. Good point about the money.

I still don't understand why they didn't spend to the cap? What were they thinking ? It's a slap in the face to is fans bc it shows they don't want to win this year, and it's showing.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Don't get me started one these two letdowns

I'd pack Cecil's bags for him, but only because he would strain his hamstring if he did it himself.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I agree.  Building through the draft is great and all but you can't completely gut a roster as they did and rely on drafting to do it for you.  You have to sign veterans to fill gaps and voids.  It helps when you sign good ones too.  

Coaching and the GM...

Because if Caldwell isn't finding the right guys then we are screwed.

And I'm not convinced that Caldwell is getting very many hits right now.

Quote:I'd pack Cecil's bags for him, but only because he would strain his hamstring if he did it himself.

Lol. Post of the day.

Yea let's pack their bags. We're only starting 5 freaking rookies on offense right now so there's no need to play them when they're healthy. Makes perfect sense.

Quote:Yea let's pack their bags. We're only starting 5 freaking rookies on offense right now so there's no need to play them when they're healthy. Makes perfect sense.

They aren't doing anything while they're healthy. Makes perfect sense.

Quote:Yea let's pack their bags. We're only starting 5 freaking rookies on offense right now so there's no need to play them when they're healthy. Makes perfect sense.

The whole point is you can't rely on them to stay healthy.  We shouldn't plan on them being here and contributing again because we made that mistake before.

They will be gone at the end of the year.  Cecil's contract will run out, and Marcedes will be cut.

Marcedes and Poz will be cut in the offseason.  That will free up another $15M in salary cap room so we should have about $40 M next year.  Of course, that doesn't matter because we won't spend to the cap. 

Cecil will test free agency and find that marginal WR's who can't stay healthy don't have much value. 

Were they still on the team?  I had no idea. 

Quote: 

Cecil will test free agency and find that marginal WR's who can't stay healthy don't have much value. 

and with that in mind, I wouldn't mind them offer him a very minimal and fair deal... AS LONG AS we get legit playmakers elsewhere.  

Basically, we can't go into next year thinking Cecil is anything more than a 3rd or 4th receiver on this team.

"Jerrad" post

I'd pack Cecil's bags for him, but only because he would strain his hamstring if he did it himself.

L.M.A.O

Quote:I still don't understand why they didn't spend to the cap? What were they thinking ? It's a slap in the face to is fans bc it shows they don't want to win this year, and it's showing.

In four or five years, our rookies will be paid a lot more. Rookie contracts must be smaller than veteran contracts now with the current CBA.