Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You Guys Are Pathetic

Who here thought Tampa Bay would go into Pittsburgh and knock off the Steelers after losing 56-14 to Atlanta the previous Thursday? I'm guessing nobody.

The Steelers aren't exactly the `85 Bears. The Jags have lost to three good teams and one so-so (Washington) team.

We get Pasztor back at right tackle. The young o-line with Joeckel, Bowanko and Linder will improve by leaps and bounds with each start. Our QB of not only the future but the present is here and he's already producing. Hurns and Robinson will be putting up big numbers for the next five years.

The Jags D is terrible, I can't refute that. However, our D line isn't bad and we're tied for second in sacks with 12 if I'm not mistaken. The back seven can't get much worse. That's not saying much I know but they simply HAVE to improve at some point. This is the NFL. It's never as good as it seems when you win and it's never as bad as it seems when you lose.

Call me a homer but I think the Jags win on Sunday. I still believe in Caldwell and Bradley. After the first 8 games last season, I didn't think they'd ever win four games the rest of the way. This team is better than last year's team.

If the Jags can contain Brown and Bell, they'll do enough on offense to win this game.

Quit being so lame and have some faith in your team.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Jags can win on sunday but its all up to how amazing bortles plays. If he can put up 4+ TD drives, We'll have a chance.

I share your sentiment on Caldwell and Bradley. Once the secondary gets fixed or gel'd, We will rise.

NEVER!

The Point Spread is 6 points.

That is the same as Houston +6 @ Dallas

That is the same as Buffalo +6 @ Detroit.

Hendershot is right ..... they are listing the Jags chances this week the same as Buffalo and Houston.  When you think about it, that really isn't that bad.

Quote:Who here thought Tampa Bay would go into Pittsburgh and knock off the Steelers after losing 56-14 to Atlanta the previous Thursday? I'm guessing nobody.

The Steelers aren't exactly the `85 Bears. The Jags have lost to three good teams and one so-so (Washington) team.

We get Pasztor back at right tackle. The young o-line with Joeckel, Bowanko and Linder will improve by leaps and bounds with each start. Our QB of not only the future but the present is here and he's already producing. Hurns and Robinson will be putting up big numbers for the next five years.

The Jags D is terrible, I can't refute that. However, our D line isn't bad and we're tied for second in sacks with 12 if I'm not mistaken. The back seven can't get much worse. That's not saying much I know but they simply HAVE to improve at some point. This is the NFL. It's never as good as it seems when you win and it's never as bad as it seems when you lose.

Call me a homer but I think the Jags win on Sunday. I still believe in Caldwell and Bradley. After the first 8 games last season, I didn't think they'd ever win four games the rest of the way. This team is better than last year's team.

If the Jags can contain Brown and Bell, they'll do enough on offense to win this game.

My thoughts exactly.  Sorry I didn't see your post before I did mine.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Who here thought Tampa Bay would go into Pittsburgh and knock off the Steelers after losing 56-14 to Atlanta the previous Thursday? I'm guessing nobody.

If the Jags can contain Brown and Bell,
they'll do enough on offense to win this game.

Homer!    :teehee:

The Jags have a shot this week.  But there are some pretty big "ifs" involved.    ^
Brown and Bell are two of them. 

Cutting back on the blown coverages and big plays due to bone-headed errors is another.  I think we'll also have to finish on the + side with turnovers.  (That means improved play from the D and less INT's from Blake)

Still….. it's do-able.   They say "any given Sunday," and this one might be a little more favorable than many we'll see between now and January. 

Bell scares me more than Brown.  He's a damn good back and we'll struggled to keep him contained in my opinion.  

Outside of Brown the rest of their pass threats don't scare me.  I think we can keep one threat under control.  When teams have multiple threats (Gates, Royal, Allen) then we're going to be in trouble.

I'm sticking with a Jaguars win this week.

Can you show me any numbers that makes this true? I seem to keep overlooking them so I'm glad you can help.

Why is it up to Bortles? He is playing phenomenal for a rookie QB playing for the Jacksonville Jaguars. It's up to everyone else supporting him.

A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

You're Pathetic!!!! Ya I said it.

I have hopes of us winning and view it as a possibility, but after last weeks loss, I see Pittsburgh bringing their 'A' game. I just hope we can keep up.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Can you show me any numbers that makes this true? I seem to keep overlooking them so I'm glad you can help.

I don't need to show you any numbers to prove it. Look at last year's QBs, D line and WRs. Now look at this year's. You don't think this year's team is better than last year's? Really?

You guys give up so easily.

His mama called him hendershot

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

well ok, if you insist.... you're a homer.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:I don't need to show you any numbers to prove it. Look at last year's QBs, D line and WRs. Now look at this year's. You don't think this year's team is better than last year's? Really?

You guys give up so easily.
Lol calling people pathetic.... Great way to start a thread.

If anything is pathetic its this defense, mostly the secondary.. Calling out fans of this team because the defense is letting other teams use the Jags like a litter box is pretty [BLEEP]..

A lot of people lost faith in this team to win, and with the last handful of seasons, its justified.. When the defense can finally hold a team to 20 points or less, we'll talk about "faith and hope" again..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:His mama called him hendershot

You and me might be the only two people who get this. Well done sir.

Quote:If anything is pathetic its this defense, mostly the secondary.. Calling out fans of this team because the defense is letting other teams use the Jags like a litter box is pretty [BLEEP]..

A lot of people lost faith in this team to win, and with the last handful of seasons, its justified.. When the defense can finally hold a team to 20 points or less, we'll talk about "faith and hope" again..

So I'm guessing you picked the Bucs over the Steelers last weekend? Do you think Tampa's a lot better than this Jaguar team?

Quote:So I'm guessing you picked the Bucs over the Steelers last weekend? Do you think Tampa's a lot better than this Jaguar team?

I never pick the bucs.. Regardless, their defense held pitt to 24 points and 2 other teams to 20 points or less.. Do I think TB is a better team than Jax? Yup..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2014, 03:35 PM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

Quote:So I'm guessing you picked the Bucs over the Steelers last weekend? Do you think Tampa's a lot better than this Jaguar team?

Oh. without any doubt the Bucs are better.  Their game against the Falcons was an anomaly.  They were on short week coming off of a disappointing, last second loss.  The Bucs are not routinely destroyed, like we are.  

All of that said, my thought is this game with the Steelers should be a lot closer than the others.  I see two teams with poor defenses.  I have to give the edge to the experienced QB, however.  So I see the Jags losing is a close one.