Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thursday Night Football

Quote:Good for lacy owners on fantasy. He hasn't done anything now he is starting to pay off.

He's finally getting me some points.  I hope he can keep it up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He's finally getting me some points.  I hope he can keep it up.
ive got a ton of teams and I don't think I've got him on a single one. I know he hasn't done anything and a lot of people drafted him really high. I'm glad he's paying off tonight for his owners along with himself. I'm sure I'll lose this week with him actually performing up to expectations though,

. lol.

Quote:ive got a ton of teams and I don't think I've got him on a single one. I know he hasn't done anything and a lot of people drafted him really high. I'm glad he's paying off tonight for his owners along with himself. I'm sure I'll lose this week with him actually performing up to expectations though,

. lol.

Scratch that, I thought I had him on one but I don't.   :blink:

Time to switch to the Oregon/Zona game for me.

Quote:Scratch that, I thought I had him on one but I don't.   :blink:

Time to switch to the Oregon/Zona game for me.

Just saw his second TD. Still over ten minutes behind. 41-0

Yep, this is ugly.

It's okay downtrodden Vikings fan, we understand your pain.

Bom bom buh ba bum ba! Go pack go!

Games like this make me laugh at the NFL for preaching about league parity and then changing rule after rule to benefit offensive production.

Quote:Games like this make me laugh at the NFL for preaching about league parity and then changing rule after rule to benefit offensive production.
I think Minnesota can recover from the 35 point deficit.

I also think I'll hit the lotto Saturday night.

So, don't hold me to that

Quote:I think Minnesota can recover from the 35 point deficit.

I also think I'll hit the lotto Saturday night.

So, don't hold me to that
Lol. Good luck with that lotto drawing. If you don't have a franchise QB In the modern National Football league - you have similar odds of making the playoffs.

Quote:Lol. Good luck with that lotto drawing. If you don't have a franchise QB In the modern National Football league - you have similar odds of making the playoffs.
I certainly wouldn't argue that.

I was bummed hearing TB was out for tonight's game. I was hoping to see him play and see what he could do.

I wonder how much of a difference TB would have made for the Vikings?

Ponder was terrible, especially in the first half.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I wonder how much of a difference TB would have made for the Vikings?

Ponder was terrible, especially in the first half.
Ponder was their third right? Cassel went down then TB then ponder correct?

Quote:Ponder was their third right? Cassel went down then TB then ponder correct?

That's correct.  He was their 3rd QB.

Quote:That's correct.  He was their 3rd QB.

I was bummed earlier today when I heard TB was out tonight. That's really why I wanted to watch tonight. Was curious how he'd perform. Kids got talent. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got bortles, but I wanted to see the rook and if he was "the best" QB this draft if not. I don't have Sunday ticket so I doubt I'll see many more Vikings games.

They never shown any premier matchup on Thursday that I can remeeber.

Quote:They never shown any premier matchup on Thursday that I can remeeber.

With the exception of the first one with the Super Bowl champs opening the season, they have all been divisional games.

Divisional games mean more than a non-divisional game and therefore should usually be good match-ups, especially since the 2 teams play each other twice a year and should be more familiar with each other.

As we have seen so far on Thursday nights, that hasn't mattered at all.

Next Thursday night is Colts at Texans.

I guess all I can root for is a tie, because I don't want either team to win.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Should just change the name from Thursday Night Football to Thursday Night Beatdown. I'd say Smackdown but that's already taken
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

I read that most of the Thurs night games this year are divisional games because they made a concerted effort not to make teams with a short week travel long distances.  So, at least there's that, but they sure picked a few duds thus far. 

The only one a really care about is on Dec 18th. 

I really don't like watching lower quality football and it seems as if that's all that's ever on display for the Thursday Night Games. I get that the League wants the money, but they are just putting out a bad product.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I really don't like watching lower quality football and it seems as if that's all that's ever on display for the Thursday Night Games. I get that the League wants the money, but they are just putting out a bad product.

I don't think its intentional. Most of the games this year are divisional match ups and history shows that those games are, more often than not, a lot closer than what we've seen the past few weeks. I think this year has been more of an anomaly and I expect to see closer knock down, drag out divisional matchups as the season continues.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."