Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hallloween costumes

I was invited to a Halloween party at the HOA clubhouse today. Costumes are "highly recommended." I don't have a costume, so all I can think of is a football player - A.J. Hawk (because I already have a green #50 jersey) or Blake Bortles (because I want his authentic jersey anyway). But considering I can't wear a helmet and cleats and do not want to dye my hair, I am not sure if that would be worth the money and the best thing for me to be.

When I went trick or treating, costumes included a mostly black cat, clown, and witch. I definitely do not want to be a clown or witch again. TV and movie characters aren't options either because I only watch football. Should I just go ahead and be A.J. Hawk or try to find something else that would not impede my ability to eat and drink?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A white sheet. You can be a ghost.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Don't show up and you could say you came as Claude Rains.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Get yourself a blond, black bikinied blow-up doll, and wear the BB5.

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.

Whatever you do, make it sexy.

A member of the Roar?

Go team!!!

Halloween costumes are sarcastic. 

Huh

Quote:I was invited to a Halloween party at the HOA clubhouse today. Costumes are "highly recommended." I don't have a costume, so all I can think of is a football player - A.J. Hawk (because I already have a green #50 jersey) or Blake Bortles (because I want his authentic jersey anyway). But considering I can't wear a helmet and cleats and do not want to dye my hair, I am not sure if that would be worth the money and the best thing for me to be.

When I went trick or treating, costumes included a mostly black cat, clown, and witch. I definitely do not want to be a clown or witch again. TV and movie characters aren't options either because I only watch football. Should I just go ahead and be A.J. Hawk or try to find something else that would not impede my ability to eat and drink?

Just be yourself. You're scary enough as it already is........... just kidding. We all love you around here!

I would suggest being Raggedy Anne. She's perfect. Or, if you're feeling bold. You can be Lelu from "The 5th Element".

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

One time when I was in college, I put on a tennis skirt and taped a knife in my back and went as Monica Seles.   Not sure if people would get it now.

That's just wrong.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Walking around the neighborhood with my kids one year, I wore my baseball uni pants and a Phillies jersey and carried a picket sign that said " Will Pitch for Food" (one of the strike years).
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Get a oversized black tshirt and some purple balloons...blow them up an attach them to the shirt and go as a bunch of grapes.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Go as Rainman's sister Rainwoman.

When people start talking to you, just talk back at them like a female Rainman would.

I believe you could pull it off.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

You need to go as a costume combo with your mom.

Last year we did the family thing.  My son was Woody, I was Buzz, and my wife was Jessie....we crushed it.

Quote:Get a oversized black tshirt and some purple balloons...blow them up an attach them to the shirt and go as a bunch of grapes.

Approved.

Quote:Get a oversized black tshirt and some purple balloons...blow them up an attach them to the shirt and go as a bunch of grapes.

Bring your mom and a couple of friends and you can all go as the Fruit of the Loom bunch.

Quote:Bring your mom and a couple of friends and you can all go as the Fruit of the Loom bunch.

This is a homeowners association party, so only people in the condo complex are invited.

Quote:Approved.

Big Grin I dressed my son up like that when he was two...cutest thing ever!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:This is a homeowners association party, so only people in the condo complex are invited.
Sounds like a really fun time....

Oh, I got it! Go as a cable guy. Not Larry, just a normal cable guy.

Quote:This is a homeowners association party, so only people in the condo complex are invited.

Well then maybe you can go as the whole Fruit of the Loom bunch all by yourself.

Just go out there and find some fruity balloons to wear.