Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Amazon Adds Racial Prejudice Warning To Tom And Jerry Cartoons

Amazon Adds Racial Prejudice Warning To Tom And Jerry Cartoons

Subscribers to Amazon Prime will now see an ethnic and racial prejudice warning before watching “Tom and Jerry” cartoons, which some have argued is too politically correct.

- See more at: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/entertain...wBUVh.dpuf

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wonder if they do the same thing with Bugs Bunny?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I love old cartoons and its probably because they showed things back then that they would never show now. 

The old Disney cartoons are hilarious.  It's one of the reasons I like staying at a Disney property.  They have one channel with a continuous loop of old cartoons.  I could watch it for hours.

Doesn't surprise me.. It's a pansy generation that whines about pansy things.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

^ What he said.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Doesn't surprise me.. It's a pansy generation that whines about pansy things..

I'm a part of the generation and I agree whole heartedly. I'm not easily offended and it amazes me what is considered "offensive" anymore.

Generation wuss at it's finest..

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Today's society is so easily offended by the slightest little thing.

To me, that just offensive.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

How's tom and jerry racist? We're talking about the mouse and cat that don't talk?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2014, 09:16 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:How's tom and jerry racist? We're talking about the mouse and cat that don't talk?

Apparently there were characters in black face and some stereotypes that are now thought of us offensive. If you've seen cartoons or comedy sketches from that era, you might have an idea what it's like.

I have an Amazon Prime account, but don't see the warning, but maybe you see it when you actually purchase the video. It's a fairly benign "warning" anyway. If I was completely unaware of what cartoons from that era were like, I might want to have a heads up before letting kids watch it, for no other reason than to tell kids it's not cool to mimic their black friends with an Amos and Andy voice, for example.

Quote:Tom and Jerry shorts may depict some ethnic and racial prejudices that were once commonplace in American society. Such depictions were wrong then and are wrong today.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Apparently there were characters in black face and some stereotypes that are now thought of us offensive. If you've seen cartoons or comedy sketches from that era, you might have an idea what it's like.

I have an Amazon Prime account, but don't see the warning, but maybe you see it when you actually purchase the video. It's a fairly benign "warning" anyway. If I was completely unaware of what cartoons from that era were like, I might want to have a heads up before letting kids watch it, for no other reason than to tell kids it's not cool to mimic their black friends with an Amos and Andy voice, for example.

Can't fault companies for protecting themselves.

I thought some how people where calling tom and jerry some kind of play on black and white relations.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]