Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
St. Louis Rams moving to L.A.

I have cousins in St. Louis and spent a few years there myself and it is a baseball city for sure. There aren't a lot of people who care about the Rams unless they're winning, otherwise they're something to read about in the paper between baseball seasons.

You never wish upon a fan base to lose their team, but it would take a lot buzz off of the Jags moving there.

Thanks for posting the link, darn Windows 8!

Regards.......................the Chiefjag

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My brother is a Rams fan. For his sake, I hope they stay in St. Louis.

It's probably true that it's people don't care unless they're winning but is that going to change in LA?

One of the most fickle cities in the world, if not the most.

Quote:I hope the Rams remain in St. Louis but there's a very realistic chance they will be moving to Los Angeles.  

It will be interesting to see how the Chargers and Raiders react if they believe that the above report is accurate.   There could be a race to Los Angeles between the 3 teams.

I think they would react more negatively because it would infringe upon their tv territory. 

I honestly dont think the Rams, Raiders, or Chargers are moving. Oakland is working out a deal with the city to buy land, which is the same thing Kronke wants to do in STL.

I think a 50/50 public/private partnership will be needed to build and finance a stadium for San Diego. That team's history is rich there.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:I think they would react more negatively because it would infringe upon their tv territory. 

I honestly dont think the Rams, Raiders, or Chargers are moving. Oakland is working out a deal with the city to buy land, which is the same thing Kronke wants to do in STL.

I think a 50/50 public/private partnership will be needed to build and finance a stadium for San Diego. That team's history is rich there.

Related to what you mentioned,  if the Rams and/ or Raiders move to Los Angeles,   it will be interesting to see if Chargers owner Dean Spanos is able to get enough owners to block the move ( s ).   He can accurately claim that Los Angeles is a Secondary TV market of the San Diego Chargers.  Spanos might also try to be compensated by the NFL in exchange for a team ( s ) moving to Los Angeles.  

The ideal situation would be for all of the 32 teams to stay in their current markets if at all possible.   When the NFL is ready to expand,  at that time Los Angeles seriously be considered for an NFL team.  

One additional thought at this time that ties into the discussion:

The St. Louis Rams haven't had a winning season since 2003 and haven't been to the playoffs since 2004.   They haven't even finished at .500 since 2006.   They have had a 1 win season,   two 2 win seasons,   and a 3 win season in the last 7 seasons.   Between all of this and ownership being silent about the Rams future in St. Louis,  it's hard to find fault with people not supporting the team financially.  At least for me,  it would be disturbing if the Rams moved out of the St. Louis area if a series attempt was made to keep the team.

That is disturbing to imagine a city losing a team TWICE in less than 30 years. 

Quote:One additional thought at this time that ties into the discussion:

The St. Louis Rams haven't had a winning season since 2003 and haven't been to the playoffs since 2004.   They haven't even finished at .500 since 2006.   They have had a 1 win season,   two 2 win seasons,   and a 3 win season in the last 7 seasons.   Between all of this and ownership being silent about the Rams future in St. Louis,  it's hard to find fault with people not supporting the team financially.  At least for me,  it would be disturbing if the Rams moved out of the St. Louis area if a series attempt was made to keep the team.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

It would hardly matter if the fickle fans were in St. Louis or Los Angeles to be honest. A fickle fan base in L.A. will still sell more seats and garner a larger local merchandising and TV market. Take a St. Louis Rams team worth 900 million and move it to L.A. and it instantly becomes worth 1.3 billion because of it's location. That's a cool $400 million profit.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

Makes me wonder if thats why an NBA team never moved back to St Louis, because they are such a fickle baseball town.  It's ride or die with the Cards April-October and go into hibernation until next year.  Even the Blues play 2nd fiddle and they had a 25 year playoff streak.

Quote:It would hardly matter if the fickle fans were in St. Louis or Los Angeles to be honest. A fickle fan base in L.A. will still sell more seats and garner a larger local merchandising and TV market. Take a St. Louis Rams team worth 900 million and move it to L.A. and it instantly becomes worth 1.3 billion because of it's location. That's a cool $400 million profit.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

this is sad but makes since in a way... i mean they are already in a division that has a majority of its teams on the west coast... so u wouldnt have to shuffle divisions around like you would if say the jags or buffalo moved.... they are in need of a new stadium and the last, probably least, point is they are technically from there anyway... when i was a kid i used to like the rams cause i thought they had the coolest helmets so i used to follow as much as any 8y/o follows any sport... it will be sad for the fans but i think the franchise will get far more exposure and  grow into something bigger than they ever would in STL.

I was going to feel bad for Rams fans. Then I realized that Fisher was their coach. At that moment, I realized it just can't get any worse for them.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2014, 11:34 PM by JagsorDie.)

Quote:I was going to feel bad for Rams fans. Then I realized that Fisher was their coach. At that moment, I realized it just can't get any worse for them.

lol No team is better than a team ran by fisher huh.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2014, 08:35 AM by MoJagFan.)

5 years living in STL and they talked about how if/when they lose the Rams, they could just get the Jaguars to relocate.  That theory was based on how much Shad loves the area.

Edit:

Once his bid was denied for the Rams that was the talk.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:5 years living in STL and they talked about how if/when they lose the Rams, they could just get the Jaguars to relocate.  That theory was based on how much Shad loves the area.

Edit:

Once his bid was denied for the Rams that was the talk.

Shad has a new home now.

Quote:I spent a month there working around the draft a couple of years ago, and got to know several sports fans there who were my coworkers.  I still talk to them pretty regularly, and to a person, they've basically said that the Rams are a fun distraction when they're winning, but that when they're mediocre or bad, nobody cares.  You'd be hard pressed to find a lot of true Rams fans there.  Throw a rock in any direction and I'll guarantee if you hit someone who is a sports fan there, they're Cardinal fans first and foremost. 

I think we've talked about this before. It was the same sense I got when visiting there for business last year. Very apathetic towards the Rams. Obessed with the Cards. Even Blues seem well supported. It would not shock me to see the Rams go back to LA and St Louis just not be an NFL market.

;

;