Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Verdict is in on Michael Dunn retrial

Local news is breaking that the verdict is in for the retrial of Michael Dunn.  This has been a big news story locally, and it would be a real shocker if they get a different verdict the second time around. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The guy obviously went too far, but from what I've seen there are large holes in his case and tiny holes in the kids case.  Because of those tiny holes, I don't see it changing.

Guilty of 1st degree murder.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2014, 04:22 PM by Ringo.)

Surprised. Quick verdict and I guessed 2 nd degree. Although it doesnt matter , he will spend his life trying not to drop the soap, even if it was 2 nd degree. But premeditated murder surprised me.

I think his pompous, non apologetic, no remorse attitude swayed the jury.

Maybe this shuts " the baiters" up. Nice to not see the fool with the bullhorn running his mouth like the last time.

Dunn deserved it, even with the first case sentencing, he had a 60 year sentence.. He wasn't getting out. But pre meditated? Dang.

I guess that quick moments reflection to open fire was enough.

Victims parents were nothing but class, so hopefully there's some closure.
Blakes Life Matters

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2014, 04:31 PM by Ringo.)

The Times Union printed front page statement a few days ago. "Dunn jury picked and it's mostly white men"

Here is the media stirring the pot. It's a murder trial, but they had to inject a little controversy. I thought it was inflaming an already sensitive issue.

Think they'll print " jury of mostly white men convicts Dunn of 1 st degree murder"? In tomorrows paper?

Jags win Super Bowl has better odds

Oh hell....have tv on...Corrine Brown is there. Gimme a break. Can you say opportunist? Tacky. Cheesy. No shame.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:The Times Union printed front page statement a few days ago. "Dunn jury picked and it's mostly white men"

Here is the media stirring the pot. It's a murder trial, but they had to inject a little controversy. I thought it was inflaming an already sensitive issue.

Think they'll print " jury of mostly white men convicts Dunn of 1 st degree murder"? In tomorrows paper?

Jags win Super Bowl has better odds

Oh hell....have tv on...Corrine Brown is there. Gimme a break. Can you say opportunist? Tacky. Cheesy. No shame.

100% spot on.  The media in the last decade has really shaped this countries view point for the worse.

They looked at a lot more evidence than I did...I'm sure it wasnt an easy conviction.

Father gave a classy comment. Glad it's over. When he mentioned Ferguson and how they embarrassed themselves, it hopefully made us realize that we shouldn't form opinions on what the minority does. Minority of people, not a minority in terms of appearance.

Sad, that I felt that needed clarification.

But as the media goes? I agree. They do as much harm as good. Simply for ratings, which means money.

It took MrDavis to mention how " white men of the jury" did what was right, and hopes it sets an example. So we can judge on facts.

Media? Didn't touch on the subject.

It was a waste of taxpayer money anyway. He was not getting out of prison regardless. The use of taxpayer money to retry the case to get a 1st degree conviction without any change in the perpetrator's freedom is, in my opinion, wasteful.

Regards........................the Chiefjag

If race is used as an example of right, or wrong. ... Any factor, whatsoever … extends bigotry that one tiny amount ...

That much more.

He was guilty. So having anything more than that in a discussion is the fuel that is used as evidence every time.

Still?

Ugh... Channel 4 hasn't let me forget.

Will this be like Michael Jackson? A week later on the news I'm going to have to hear that he was found guilty.

Quote:It was a waste of taxpayer money anyway. He was not getting out of prison regardless. The use of taxpayer money to retry the case to get a 1st degree conviction without any change in the perpetrator's freedom is, in my opinion, wasteful.

Regards........................the Chiefjag
Agreed, especially when the state's attorney made it clear that was the only reason for the retrial.  In her post trial presser, she talked about the fact that he wasn't getting out of prison based on the initial conviction.  It was pretty much a life sentence.  This was more about saving face after what was perceived to be a loss (despite getting a guilty verdict and a 60 year mandatory sentence) in this case, and more importantly, the higher profile Trayvon Martin case. 

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2014, 07:31 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:Agreed, especially when the state's attorney made it clear that was the only reason for the retrial.  In her post trial presser, she talked about the fact that he wasn't getting out of prison based on the initial conviction.  It was pretty much a life sentence.  This was more about saving face after what was perceived to be a loss (despite getting a guilty verdict and a 60 year mandatory sentence) in this case, and more importantly, the higher profile Trayvon Martin case. 

Let me guess without looking it up...

...Angela Corey?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Nothing but a puckered up middle-aged man who forgot what it was like to be young. 

Quote:Let me guess without looking it up...

...Angela Corey?

WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!!!
Signature goes here.

Quote:Local news is breaking that the verdict is in for the retrial of Michael Dunn.  This has been a big news story locally, and it would be a real shocker if they get a different verdict the second time around.

Actually the verdict wasn't as Shocking as most expected...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Agreed, especially when the state's attorney made it clear that was the only reason for the retrial.  In her post trial presser, she talked about the fact that he wasn't getting out of prison based on the initial conviction.  It was pretty much a life sentence.  This was more about saving face after what was perceived to be a loss (despite getting a guilty verdict and a 60 year mandatory sentence) in this case, and more importantly, the higher profile Trayvon Martin case.

So So Sad but So So True w/respect to saving face. Theres no way that Dunn was guilty of attempted murder (X3) and not guilty of murder. The same evidence, difference verdict...

Go Figure...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Glad to see justice served for the Davis' family as a result of this son being wrongfully murdered, and im glad taxpayers had to foot the bill for a situation like this. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Glad to see justice served for the Davis' family as a result of this son being wrongfully murdered, and im glad taxpayers had to foot the bill for a situation like this.

I'm curious as to why you would say that?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Glad to see justice served for the Davis' family as a result of this son being wrongfully murdered, and im glad taxpayers had to foot the bill for a situation like this. 
Say what?

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Say what?

Reckon he don't pay no taxes .

But that's one of the dumbest statements I've e read here. Including TMD. Lol.

Dunn was going to live his life in jail before this trial. It was closure for the family, for which I'm glad.

However it was also redemption and vindication for Corey, which was a waste of tax payer money.

Seeing Corrine Brown getting her photo op was also a waste of tax payers money.

But in the end, it was what what the father said.. A conviction from a white jury, white men. We didnt have to embarrass ourselves like Ferguson.

And they didn't need the help of the New Black Panther Party yapping outside the courthouse.
Blakes Life Matters