Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AC/DC founding member, Malcolm Young suffering from dementia

He took a break from the band earlier this year for unspecified health issues.  Now we know what was going on.  Very sad. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Read that the other day. They say if you leave the room and come back a minute later, he will not remember you. Very Sad

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

I always believed Angus was the one who would end up with a scrambled brain from all that head whipping.

Quote:I always believed Angus was the one who would end up with a scrambled brain from all that head whipping.

Yeah, I was thinking the same.  CTE from headbanging.

Can Angus be far behind?

Sad indeed. Horrible disease. It's a long fall from the top, if you rock n rolled.

Dementia is horrible, and it's especially bad on the family members.  The person they knew all those years, while physically present, is gone.

Quote:Dementia is horrible, and it's especially bad on the family members.  The person they knew all those years, while physically present, is gone.

Someone once described it to me as reliving their death everyday.

Quote:Read that the other day. They say if you leave the room and come back a minute later, he will not remember you. Very Sad
I'm guessing he and angus had that for years. They must have forgotten they have done the same song over and over again.

That being said, I love AC/DC. Sad to hear about this.

Quote:Dementia is horrible, and it's especially bad on the family members.  The person they knew all those years, while physically present, is gone.
The mother of a friend of mine just died last week after a long fight with Alzheimers.  He was very close to his mom, and as she began to fade, he said it became more and more painful for him to understand.  He said it became almost surreal as he had to put his mother into a home, and when he'd visit her daily, she'd occasionally recognize him, but that recognition became less frequent, and then went away all together.  She'd talk to him about her son, and how she wished he'd come visit her.  It was sad to hear her progression and how much it impacted him.  When she died last week, I think there was more relief than anything else for him because in his eyes, his mother had died a long time ago.  Very sad, painful disease for families to deal with.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

my former wifes grandmother had alziemers

we   were at the mall once and I had my infant son in my arms when she attacked me. kicking and biting, a stranger came through the door and she starting yelling for help.

I had to hold my son in one arm and hold her back with my other hand while explain her disease to the stranger. my wife was on the phone calling her mother because she was the only one grandma could remember and would listen to.

then all of  sudden, grandma eva

regains her memory and starts crying.

nasty situation,

to all who have to go through this, god bless and hang in there

Listening to "big gun" right now!

Horrible news, my best wishes go out to his family and close friends.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:The mother of a friend of mine just died last week after a long fight with Alzheimers.  He was very close to his mom, and as she began to fade, he said it became more and more painful for him to understand.  He said it became almost surreal as he had to put his mother into a home, and when he'd visit her daily, she'd occasionally recognize him, but that recognition became less frequent, and then went away all together.  She'd talk to him about her son, and how she wished he'd come visit her.  It was sad to hear her progression and how much it impacted him.  When she died last week, I think there was more relief than anything else for him because in his eyes, his mother had died a long time ago.  Very sad, painful disease for families to deal with.

I hear you.  An uncle on my wife's side has it.  His wife is having a really hard time with, for a lot of the same reasons you just described.