Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FCC and the Redskins

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foot...m-airwaves

This goes way beyond the NFL.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hope Dan Snyder sticks it to everyone and leaves the REDSKINS alone.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

The FCC must be really feeling itself this week.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

This is so stupid. All this PC garbage is out of control. No one had any problem with this 5 years ago. Now everyone thinks everything is offensive. One person doesn't like it, people jump on the band wagon.

I like the Redskins name, and I want to petition the name to stand.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

The Washington [BAD WORD REMOVED].

Oh no, it's banned from the board now!

Good luck to the FCC with that. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Snyder will sue the pants off of the FCC and everyone that works there if they block use of the name.

Again, the media agenda and trying to make cash have really pushed to make this an issue.  If it weren't for a small minority of people disliking the name, and the media jumping on the story, it wouldnt be big news.

If it is offensive now, why wasnt it offensive 10 years ago?

George Carlin: The Eight Dirty words you can never use on television: [SEVEN BAD WORDS REMOVED], and Redskins.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

While they're at it, they should probably censor the word: "Yankee" from Yankees broadcasts too. As an American, I'm offended by its usage.

In all seriousness though, the Government should keep its nose out of Sports and what we watch on TV. The FCC in and of itself is unconstitutional in its role, and the ability that it has to essentially censor freedom of speech and expression.

Quote:While they're at it, they should probably censor the word: "Yankee" from Yankees broadcasts too. As an American, I'm offended by its usage.

In all seriousness though, the Government should keep its nose out of Sports and what we watch on TV. The FCC in and of itself is unconstitutional in its role, and the ability that it has to essentially censor freedom of speech and expression.

As a Sox fan, so am i.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:The Washington [BAD WORD REMOVED].

Oh no, it's banned from the board now!

Lol. This is great.

In the highly unlikely event that the FCC does block usage of the word "Redskins", it would be the final blow to the Redskins name.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:In the highly unlikely event that the FCC does block usage of the word "Redskins", it would be the final blow to the Redskins name.

I don't even like the Redskins, but they should keep their name . It's tradition and heritage of one of the first teams in the NFL.

Quote:I don't even like the Redskins, but they should keep their name . It's tradition and heritage of one of the first teams in the NFL.
I can see the POV of both sides on the Redskins debate, and while I don't think they should change their name, you and I couldn't possibly fathom how the Native Americans that are offended by the name, feel about it.

All I can say is if there were a team that used the N-Bomb I can't be offended by it (Thanks to my line of work of being called it many times), but I'd definitely side with changing it.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Would these names offend anyone?

Atlanta Black Crackers

Washington Black Senators

Indianapolis Ethiopian Clowns

Zulu Cannibal Giants

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I should be allowed to respect, and honor the Redskins name ... like I always have.

Instead, people want to convince me of how wrong I am for that.

I am not the one wanting it to be derogatory.

Quote:This is so stupid. All this PC garbage is out of control. No one had any problem with this 5 years ago. Now everyone thinks everything is offensive. One person doesn't like it, people jump on the band wagon.

I like the Redskins name, and I want to petition the name to stand.
I'm offended by the word "the" please remove it from your post.

bunch of pansy's in this world.  I can only hope they spend so much time being offended, they forget to make time to procreate

Quote:Would these names offend anyone?

Atlanta Black Crackers

Washington Black Senators

Indianapolis Ethiopian Clowns

Zulu Cannibal Giants

I am very much offended by the term "Indianapolis Colts." Please change it immediately to the Indianapolis Ethiopian Clowns.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"