Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oline next season

Despite our awful win-loss record, there were a number of successes this season and one of them has been the big reduction in the number of sacks we've allowed.

Part of that might come down to Bortles and maybe he helped himself by throwing the ball to short or intermediate targets, but some of the credit also has to go to our Oline.

So, where do we go from here?

Are the players we have on our roster good enough? Or was the absence of a running game down to their failure to open holes?

Who stays and who needs to be upgraded?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

<div> 
Despite our awful win-loss record, there were a number of successes this season and one of them has been the big reduction in the number of sacks we've allowed.

Part of that might come down to Bortles and maybe he helped himself by throwing the ball to short or intermediate targets, but some of the credit also has to go to our Oline.

So, where do we go from here?

Are the players we have on our roster good enough? Or was the absence of a running game down to their failure to open holes?

Who stays and who needs to be upgraded?

</div>

Left guard is a question mark and RT could use competition.  Cann at RG needs a fire under his butt as well. 

Linder and Beachum are fine. 

I'd love to see a stud guard picked prior to the fourth round in the draft at the very minimum. 

Get me a stud OG in the FA and then draft a developmental RT in the 3rd/4th round.

We definitely need a OG and a RT. I can live with the rest. I don't care if it's a LG or if we get a RG (and we can move Cann to LG). I just want some upgrades and we need no less than two new starters. I also wouldn't mind also adding some competition for Cann and a competent swing Tackle, because we lack depth and injuries on the offensive line are inevitable. Who ever we draft or sign via free agency though, make sure they can run block, because no one we currently have can do that consistently. 

The Jaguars would be wise to aggressively pursue RT Ricky Wagner and OG Kevin Zeitler. These 2 additions would give the Jags one of the best offensive lines in football

Agreed that LG and RT can be upgraded. I'm sure Joeckel will be brought back on a one-year deal, so maybe be can compete for one of the spots. There are good free agent Guards available that the team should look at.

Linder is locked in at Center and Beachum should be even better next year. Cann is good enough for now.

Quote:Get me a stud OG in the FA and then draft a developmental RT in the 3rd/4th round.
100% agree with this.

Can't go into next year with a rookie at LG. I'm not even sure who is available when it comes to guards though either.

Quote:The Jaguars would be wise to aggressively pursue RT Ricky Wagner and OG Kevin Zeitler. These 2 additions would give the Jags one of the best offensive lines in football
Zeitler would be a very welcome addition. 

I like Wagner too, but I wonder about the thought of signing another tackle to a deal likely worth north of 7 million per year. 

With Beachum about to get paid 8.5 mil for 2017  and Parnell making 6.5 million in 2017, do they sign another tackle?  Or just draft one? 

Quote:Zeitler would be a very welcome addition.

I like Wagner too, but I wonder about the thought of signing another tackle to a deal likely worth north of 7 million per year.

With Beachum about to get paid 8.5 mil for 2017 and Parnell making 6.5 million in 2017, do they sign another tackle? Or just draft one?

If they sign Wagner I'm assuming they'd cut bait with Parnell, is Parnells 2017 salary fully guaranteed?

Quote:If they sign Wagner I'm assuming they'd cut bait with Parnell, is Parnells 2017 salary fully guaranteed?
No. I'm pretty sure his 2015 and 2016 salary combined account for all of his guarantee.  

Zeitler would be a really solid pickup.
Shock the world

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 12:28 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:No. I'm pretty sure his 2015 and 2016 salary combined account for all of his guarantee.

That's what I thought, he's an obvious cut candidate assuming they're able to upgrade the position. Wagner is a clear upgrade, he's younger too; Joe Flaccos deal is screwing the Ravens, they've already lost Osemele, they're about to lose Wagner, and their local beat writers don't think they'll be able to resign stud NT Brandon Williams, ouch.

Quote:Zeitler would be a really solid pickup.

He'd be one of my top 2 targets in free agency. The other being DE Chandler Jones.

Quote:If they sign Wagner I'm assuming they'd cut bait with Parnell, is Parnells 2017 salary fully guaranteed?
What I copied and pasted is hard to read but you can see all NFL contract into HERE

CONTRACT:5 yr(s) / $32,000,000 SIGNING BONUS- AVERAGE SALARY$6,400,000 GUARANTEED:$14,500,000 FREE AGENT:2020 / UFA
YEAR AGE BASE SALARY SIGNING BONUS ROSTER BONUS WORKOUT BONUS CAP HIT DEAD CAP
2015 Contract details by year 28 $3,000,000 - $5,000,000 - $8,000,000 $14,500,000
2016 Contract details by year 29 $6,500,000 - - - $6,500,000 $6,500,000
2017 Contract details by year 30 $6,500,000 - - - $6,500,000 -
2018 Contract details by year 31 $4,000,000 - $1,000,000 - $5,000,000 -
2019 Contract details by year 32 $5,000,000 - $1,000,000 - $6,000,000 -
2020 Free Agent Year 33
UFA
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Quote:What I copied and pasted is hard to read but you can see all NFL contract into <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/jermey-parnell-8941/'>HERE</a>

CONTRACT:5 yr(s) / $32,000,000 SIGNING BONUS- AVERAGE SALARY$6,400,000 GUARANTEED:$14,500,000 FREE AGENT:2020 / UFA

YEAR AGE BASE SALARY SIGNING BONUS ROSTER BONUS WORKOUT BONUS CAP HIT DEAD CAP

2015 Contract details by year 28 $3,000,000 - $5,000,000 - $8,000,000 $14,500,000

2016 Contract details by year 29 $6,500,000 - - - $6,500,000 $6,500,000

2017 Contract details by year 30 $6,500,000 - - - $6,500,000 -

2018 Contract details by year 31 $4,000,000 - $1,000,000 - $5,000,000 -

2019 Contract details by year 32 $5,000,000 - $1,000,000 - $6,000,000 -

2020 Free Agent Year 33

UFA

Thanks sir!

Part of the issue, other than a little lack of talent at LG, is the scheme and philosophy. Bring in a FB and make a real attempt at running the ball. Gotta have the attitude to do it. I think our offensive line has a few players in place to be good at it.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Zeitler would be a very welcome addition.

With Beachum about to get paid 8.5 mil for 2017 and Parnell making 6.5 million in 2017, do they sign another tackle? Or just draft one?

Parnell could be a guy who gets cut if they are able to sign a significant upgrade.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Left guard is a question mark and RT could use competition.  Cann at RG needs a fire under his butt as well. 

Linder and Beachum are fine. 

I'd love to see a stud guard picked prior to the fourth round in the draft at the very minimum. 

Agreed with all of the above. I'd love to see a trade down in the first round if Garrett and Allen are off the board by the time we're up on the clock. I'd be happy with that big kid out of Wisconsin to play at RT in Ramcyzk and I wouldn't mind them double dipping on a guard like Pocic out of LSU who can play guard or center if needed in the event Linder gets hampered again. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

RT and both Gs.

Quote:Get me a stud OG in the FA and then draft a developmental RT in the 3rd/4th round.

I support this..