Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oline next season

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 03:02 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote: Cann at RG needs a fire under his butt as well. 

I've always found it interesting that Cann is a month older than Joekel  .... even though Joekel was drafted in 2013 and Cann was drafted in 2015

At Age 25, even though Cann is only 2nd year player, he may have peaked.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Other than Linder and Beachum, every job should be up for grabs.  I'd even like to find an LT to push Beachum.

Want a big mauler at guard and a tackle who can start ahead of Parnell.

Quote:Other than Linder and Beachum, every job should be up for grabs.  I'd even like to find an LT to push Beachum.

This is what I'm thinking. I'm guessing AJ Cann will remain a starting G, but I want to see him compete and earn the role in the offseason. I'd like to see them find the best starting RT and interior OL they can get their hands on.

Outside at RT I'd consider drafting one in the first round if we can't find a free agent replacement.

Inside, I feel like Linder will dominate wherever you put him. He was a phenomenal C this year, but he's just as good at G. I'm thinking we bring in a G and leave him at C, but in the event some stud starting C falls into our laps. there's no reason to hesitate on moving Linder back to G. 

'02

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 09:00 PM by Adub28.)

I reallly like Crowder G from Clemson, i'm keeping an eye on him tonight. I wanna see him man handle Alabamas front like he has all year, hes projected as a late 2nd at the moment
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

I honestly think the O-Line we saw this season is the O-Line we'll see next season. I don't think this team has any intention of making upgrades on the O-Line. We may see a late round RB added, but I think the O-Line remains the same and we'll have no running game again next season. When Coughlin was coach of the Giants, O-Line was always their weakest position. I have lost all confidence in this team's decision making. 

Quote:I honestly think the O-Line we saw this season is the O-Line we'll see next season. I don't think this team has any intention of making upgrades on the O-Line. We may see a late round RB added, but I think the O-Line remains the same and we'll have no running game again next season. When Coughlin was coach of the Giants, O-Line was always their weakest position. I have lost all confidence in this team's decision making.

This team is not going to go the entire offseason without upgrading there. 1 starter will be added at minimum. Hopefully 2.

Bring Rick Wagner in for a workout w Marrone and if he does well, have him push Parnell for the RT spot. Can never have too many tackles.
Only a chump boos the home team!

The good news is we have a pretty good O-Line coach on staff Big Grin

Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Quote:Bring Rick Wagner in for a workout w Marrone and if he does well, have him push Parnell for the RT spot. Can never have too many tackles.

Haha Wagner would come in for more than just a "workout", they should sign him because the tape shows he's one of the best RT's in football. An instant upgrade of Parnell, Rick Wagner and Kevin Zeitler should be prime targets this off-season, with Jason Pierre-Paul being a prime target on the defensive side of the ball.

Quote:Haha Wagner would come in for more than just a "workout", they should sign him because the tape shows he's one of the best RT's in football. An instant upgrade of Parnell, Rick Wagner and Kevin Zeitler should be prime targets this off-season, with Jason Pierre-Paul being a prime target on the defensive side of the ball.

He's hot now, but had some ups and downs in his career. Nothing should be assumed or given.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:He's hot now, but had some ups and downs in his career. Nothing should be assumed or given.

Of course not, but the guy has been consistent the last couple of years, especially in pass-pro. I think he's a safe signing, he still has upside too as he's only 27 years old