Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Any message boards to join to talk jaguars together sides bcc?

Curious if any knows any. Ill renew my sub with ESPN insider if last resort. Fb pages are not interactive.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

footballsfuture.com

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/

[Image: 2irq9op.jpg]

www.thestinkin'tackssuck.com

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Patience, grasshopper. A viable alternative is under discussion. If it helps, I'll agree to not moderate.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Patience, grasshopper. A viable alternative is under discussion. If it helps, I'll agree to not moderate.

I'd take your place but the last time I was a forum mod I lost the job for getting drunk and giving people warnings when they used improper grammar.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:Patience, grasshopper. A viable alternative is under discussion. If it helps, I'll agree to not moderate.

On the contrary, we'll need you more than ever if a new board is created. Gots to keep the proven mods in place or mayhem will ensue.

how do we find out about it if the board is closed?

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:On the contrary, we'll need you more than ever if a new board is created. Gots to keep the proven mods in place or mayhem will ensue.
seconded

[Image: 2irq9op.jpg]

Quote:how do we find out about it if the board is closed?
Any options we can come up with will be communicated before they shut it down.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

If I knew anything about creating message board forums, I'd set one up myself.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:If I knew anything about creating message board forums, I'd set one up myself.
Ideally, what we'd like to see happen is for the team to give its blessing to allowing this entire community to migrate to a different host intact.  That way there's history retained, and a built in base of registered users.  The issue is the cost involved in making that happen, and where the funds would come from in order to do so.  Subscription sites don't work, so other options need to be explored like sponsorship, advertising, and such.

The expertise to set something new up is already involved in this, but ideally, we want to try to keep the history this board represents.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Any options we can come up with will be communicated before they shut it down.

Unfortunately, not sure we can count on that June 1st date. As we have all seen, it can shut down if the wind blows the wrong direction.  One day, the admin may just say screw it, we are close enough to June 1st.

I joined reddit but am not a huge fan of the layout and usability in general. 

FBT that sounds like a great idea.  I hope it is a viable solution.

Hopefully we can keep the board afloat. In the mean time I took my talents to Reddit.

Reddit makes my head hurt.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Reddit makes my head hurt.

I'd definitely take a message board over any alternative but Reddit definitely beats Twitter, FB, or BCC.

I'm not sure if we should be so quick to dismiss BCC.

I know many of you dislike Alfie.

But let's face it, with this board shutting down, and the future of Jaguars related message board postings uncertain, BCC represents a good chance of retaining some sense of continuity.

Quote:I'm not sure if we should be so quick to dismiss BCC.

I know many of you dislike Alfie.

But let's face it, with this board shutting down, and the future of Jaguars related message board postings uncertain, BCC represents a good chance of retaining some sense of continuity.

I'd rather not participate in the group think over there.

There was no groupthink here?!?

I know from first hand experience you can combat "groupthink."

If anything, if enough people go there, the "groupthink" will splinter in at least two or more factions.