Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pass rush is fixed

Quote:It's not even close to fixed. A couple of worthless sacks late in games doesn't make up for 3.5 quarters of absolutely zero pass rush.
Most of our sack have actually came earlier in the games not later

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I understand everyone's point with the "next year" bull. It's so hard to constantly have to listen to that knowing it has never happened. I do feel like the talent this team is slowly adding is being groomed for long-term success. Just wish it would hurry up.

Chris Clemons needs to show up. The pass rush is marginally improved but they should be better. Marks was having a great game... should have drawn more holding calls. I see Big Red making his presence felt occasionally but Clemons and Branch look about the same.

No pain, no gain.

The front 4 rotation is actually getting good pressure. The problem is they are the only ones getting any pressure.

This defense is designed to also get pressure from the LB corps, especially the "Otto" LB, and that just isn't happening. Our guys are just not very good at blitzing. There is no one outside of the front 4 rotation that an offense has to game plan or account for, no one.

Our pass rush can't bring the element of surprise and the offense can focus on just stopping the front 4 and eventually wear them down. That's why we see the pressure fade over the course of the game.

Quote:Well i try to stay positive, and as others have pointed out, there are a few positives, mainly QB and WRs.  Well looking at stats today and i find, to my suprise, our Jags are #2 in the NFL in team sacks.  So there's that.

Just wanted to share some sunshine in another lost season. There's always "next year".
:woot:  Of course it doesnt help that our DBs are so bad that teams dont bother to run the ball as much since throwing is so successful that our team has more chances to sack the QB than other teams Defenses....

but still its one thing that had to be addressed as the team was always the worst in the league at so being 2nd is awesome!

Andre Branch should play OLB when not at DE, we all know the OLB arent playing well and Branch can cover..

This defense is definitely fixed..

[Image: 125540m.jpg]

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:This defense is definitely fixed..

[Image: 125540m.jpg]
Yes, it's balls were removed years ago.

Our pass rush is way better.  D-line is one of the few bright spots this year.

Until they get semi-consistent pressure with 4 rushers against all but the best O-lines, I wouldn't call it fixed.  It is definitely better. 

They get pressure on one series and disappear on much of the next - giving the QB time.  It's not consistent enough yet.

If the back 7 could cover, like even a little bit, the pressure may look even better. Hard to consistently get pressure when a WR is inevitably wide open within 0.5 seconds of the ball being snapped. Coverage and pass rush work off each other.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2014, 12:45 PM by badger.)

People are banging on Clemons... but where would we be without him?  He is great for depth as a pass rusher.

It's nice to have three speed rushers in him, Branch, and Davis.

Quote:People are banging on Clemons... but where would we be without him?  He is great for depth as a pass rusher.

It's nice to have three speed rushers in him, Branch, and Davis.

Where would we be without him? I'm not really sure what that's supposed to imply. Here's a question: where are we with him? Hint: not a good place. His impact hasn't been much, especially after the first half of game one.