Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Players are losing their jobs as we watch these blowouts

First victim was Cameron Bradfield for giving up 3 sacks and now Winston Guy for blowing a major coverage for a TD. Many more have lost their starting status. I think we are all frustrated by the lack of progress under Caldwell/Bradley but the reality is, They are performing better than last year by quite a bit despite being blown out (check the stats, not league ranks). The secondary/linebacking corps are just flatlining for whatever reason. Interesting part is, The O-line performed better after Bradfields boot.

I wonder who the next victim might be....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Geno Hayes? Gratz? Clemons? There's a few off the top of my head.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:First victim was Cameron Bradfield for giving up 3 sacks and now Winston Guy for blowing a major coverage for a TD. Many more have lost their starting status. I think we are all frustrated by the lack of progress under Caldwell/Bradley but the reality is, They are performing better than last year by quite a bit despite being blown out (check the stats, not league ranks). The secondary/linebacking corps are just flatlining for whatever reason. Interesting part is, The O-line performed better after Bradfields boot.

I wonder who the next victim might be....

huh? We are performing better than last year?  How so?

What are we better at?  

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Yay, another cut thread to accompany the other one right below it.

Quote:Geno Hayes? Gratz? Clemons? There's a few off the top of my head.

I think Hayes has played alright actually.  Clemons has been terrible.  (Worse than Branch btw)....

Gratz has been terrible but he's a 3rd rounder by this regime so he'll stick around.  I could see them put Gratz on IR if the concussion is serious.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Too early for Gratz. Especially with him being a 3rd RD pick. Too much value there to just give up on him now. Hopefully Colvin is a starter next year. He's a jar on the shelf right now. I think it's obvious though watching yesterday's game who and why some of these guys have been cut or shuffled out of the rotation.

With that said, again, I stated this in another thread/topic. You can't fix every position in one season or draftclass. But patience is beginning to wear thin and fast here with this fanbase. We've got every reason to be beyond bent out of shape right now. It's one thing to lose. But it's one thing to be flatout embarrassed. And right now, this team has been embarrassed throughout the entire first month of this season.

With that said. I think we're going to somehow pull out our first win this year here at home on MNF against the Steelers. Just a feeling. But I think we show up for this game.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Too early for Gratz. Especially with him being a 3rd RD pick. Too much value there to just give up on him now. Hopefully Colvin is a starter next year. He's a jar on the shelf right now. I think it's obvious though watching yesterday's game who and why some of these guys have been cut or shuffled out of the rotation.

With that said, again, I stated this in another thread/topic. You can't fix every position in one season or draftclass. But patience is beginning to wear thin and fast here with this fanbase. We've got every reason to be beyond bent out of shape right now. It's one thing to lose. But it's one thing to be flatout embarrassed. And right now, this team has been embarrassed throughout the entire first month of this season.

With that said. I think we're going to somehow pull out our first win this year here at home on MNF against the Steelers. Just a feeling. But I think we show up for this game.

well I hope they show up on Sunday and not Monday...

Hayes? No. Hes been a bright spot actually

Gratz? No, He was making progress. Slight but progress nonetheless. Like from D to C.

Clemons? Dude has been getting constant pressure but just cant hit home. He isn't playing completely bad.

And we are better because last year it took like 3-4 games for us to get any TDs. Our offense last year at this time was literally non-existant. This year, Its just super inconsistent. The defense is getting way more pressure but the secondary has completely faltered.

Look, You can fix an O-line and a secondary in one year. Expect this team to make a huge incline upwards once that gets fixed and the rookies gel.

I say fire the defense coordinator and give these players what they need, a more simple clear defensive scheme. 

Remember it's just a game.

Quote:I say fire the defense coordinator and give these players what they need, a more simple clear defensive scheme. 

The cordinator didn't blow assignments like kids blow bubbles. Cyprien is literally the only bright spot in the secondary. The ONLY one.

Quote: 

Gratz? No, He was making progress. Slight but progress nonetheless. Like from D to C.

Clemons? Dude has been getting constant pressure but just cant hit home. He isn't playing completely bad.

I honestly don't know how anyone can say the above and claim to have watched the games.

Gratz was decent last year.  This year, he's regressed.  He's even been benched a couple of times this year due to his poor play.  He has regressed.

and besides week 1, what exactly has Clemons done?  He's probably one of our worst Defensive Linemen thus far.  I still think he can be good though so I'm not ready to throw him out just yet.

At least they're taking the sledgehammer to this jalopy.. Beat the tar out of it.. 

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

And everyone thinks we should draft a RB in the 1st, lol.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014, 06:05 PM by BasshunterX.)

Quote:I honestly don't know how anyone can say the above and claim to have watched the games.

Gratz was decent last year.  This year, he's regressed.  He's even been benched a couple of times this year due to his poor play.  He has regressed.

and besides week 1, what exactly has Clemons done?  He's probably one of our worst Defensive Linemen thus far.  I still think he can be good though so I'm not ready to throw him out just yet.

Gratz hasn't regressed. You may be blaming blown coverages on the wrong person. Clemons has a sack and a couple locks of hair from Foles and Griffen. Also a forced fumble.

And to re-iterate, Im not saying these guys are playing good but im saying they aren't playing so bad as to warrant being statement-cut like Bradfield/Guy.

Its just very clear that there is some disconnect on  where the players think they should be and where they actually are. Its unclear if they are playing zone or man coverage and It appears Poz may not be an effective defensive captain/signal caller,  bottom line is what we are doing now is not working. Babich is a albatross on our neck just as he was on the bears.

Quote:Its just very clear that there is some disconnect on  where the players think they should be and where they actually are. Its unclear if they are playing zone or man coverage and It appears Poz may not be an effective defensive captain/signal caller,  bottom line is what we are doing now is not working. Babich is a albatross on our neck just as he was on the bears.

You can only cut so many guys.  Eventually the axe will come down on the coaching staff.  The coaches must feel responsible for such disastrous play.  

Im sure they do feel some pressure but the scheme is a proven winner. They just need some players to mature/develop (Evans/Cyp/Colvin) and some to be outright replaced (Ball, Gratz, Guy, blackmon)

We should have never let pot roast go

So are we a Potroast and Daryl Smith away from getting some wins?

Pot roast? Really? Do people forget his last year with the Jags? Daryl Smith is the only one I agree with, Pot Roast was trash in his final year and Cox was injured all the time.

I love that the staff is doing what they're doing. Sure it sucks for guys to lose jobs but this is a results business and players giving up big plays (Bradfield and Guy) need to get off the team. These aren't rookies making rookie mistakes, these are guys who have been in the league for a few years.