Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
EJ Manuel Benched

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...el-benched

Kyle Orton is going to get the start in week 5.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...el-benched

Kyle Orton is going to get the start in week 5.
Doug Whaley screwed that franchise by drafting EJ in the first round, and then inexplicably trading next year’s first rounder to move up a mere 5 spots to select Sammy Watkins, just an awful move in an attempt to save his job. Next year’s QB class has a chance to be special if Jameis and Marcus Mariota declare.
The Cleveland Browns are loving every Buffalo Bills loss.

Did anybody watch Manuel at FSU and really think he would be a first round pick?

Quote:Did anybody watch Manuel at FSU and really think he would be a first round pick?

No, I was shocked when they pulled the trigger on him in the first round.

Quote:Doug Whaley screwed that franchise by drafting EJ in the first round, and then inexplicably trading next year’s first rounder to move up a mere 5 spots to select Sammy Watkins, just an awful move in an attempt to save his job. Next year’s QB class has a chance to be special if Jameis and Marcus Mariota declare.

The Cleveland Browns are loving every Buffalo Bills loss.

Yeah, the Manuel pick was completely baffling, I've seen a lot of QBs play college football and he never looked to me like an NFL starting quality guy. Reminded me way too much of what we saw of Leftwich here.

Also the Browns wasted a first rounder on Manziel, no matter what happens that looks like a badly wasted pick.

Quote:No, I was shocked when they pulled the trigger on him in the first round.

He was to FSU what Garrard was to the Jaguars

Quote:Yeah, the Manuel pick was completely baffling, I've seen a lot of QBs play college football and he never looked to me like an NFL starting quality guy. Reminded me way too much of what we saw of Leftwich here.

Also the Browns wasted a first rounder on Manziel, no matter what happens that looks like a badly wasted pick.

Not sure about that yet, if the Browns are in position to draft Mariota or Winston next year (via their own or Buffalo's pick) they'll certainly entertain it.

EJ Manuel is a bum.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:He was to FSU what Garrard was to the Jaguars

Boy I don't know, I actually think David was a better pro player than EJ was in college.

Quote:Boy I don't know, I actually think David was a better pro player than EJ was in college.

Both were mediocre. And would tease you thinking the team was over the hump. But EJ would lay an egg against Wake Forest or NC State.

Quote:Not sure about that yet, if the Browns are in position to draft Mariota or Winston next year (via their own or Buffalo's pick) they'll certainly entertain it.

Of course they will. Manziel is not a guy who looks like he'll make the transition to being a real NFL QB. Too little desire. That's why no matter what goes right for the Browns that pick will still be a big red mark on their report card.

Quote:Of course they will. Manziel is not a guy who looks like he'll make the transition to being a real NFL QB. Too little desire. That's why no matter what goes right for the Browns that pick will still be a big red mark on their report card.

I think the chances of Johnny Manziel turning into a legit franchise QB are miniscule, but there's still that small chance. I do agree they were dumb for drafting him in the 1st round to begin with, especially after acquiring a 2015 first rounder from Buffalo, just ride it out with Brian Hoyer and take "the guy" in 2015, the selection of Manziel was obviously influence by the owner.

I was and still am surprised the bills picked him that day, But kinda surprised they benched him this year in the season(I know its not his rookie year but still)

Quote:I was and still am surprised the bills picked him that day, But kinda surprised they benched him this year in the season(I know its not his rookie year but still)

Marrone must be feeling his seat getting warm.

Manuel is terrible, but it's still not reassuring to go to Orton.

Quote:Did anybody watch Manuel at FSU and really think he would be a first round pick?

No.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Marrone must be feeling his seat getting warm.

Manuel is terrible, but it's still not reassuring to go to Orton.
Yeah Orton doesnt really seem like any type of bandage to me but Im not a coach so who knows? But I believe things will be changing once again in Buffalo.

I'm suprised he got benched so early in his career, but the coaches would know if he's learning from mistakes/progressing
No commercial messages in sigs

EJ was a terrible pick, no doubt, but you bench him not even halfway into his 2nd year? That's a bit extreme IMO. Let the kid play out the season, see if he turns the corner. If not, cut your losses and draft someone else. Kyle Orton isn't the answer, you already know that. So why not leave Manuel in and at least he can win you some games with his legs. Buffalo is a terribly managed organization.
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:EJ was a terrible pick, no doubt, but you bench him not even halfway into his 2nd year? That's a bit extreme IMO. Let the kid play out the season, see if he turns the corner. If not, cut your losses and draft someone else. Kyle Orton isn't the answer, you already know that. So why not leave Manuel in and at least he can win you some games with his legs. Buffalo is a terribly managed organization.

Save this post for the Jets in a couple of weeks when they bench Geno for Vick.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Save this post for the Jets in a couple of weeks when they bench Geno for Vick.

Might as well copy and paste it for that situation too. The NFL has become a "what can you do for me NOW" business.
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.