Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
EJ Manuel Benched

Quote:Do you think they wear rubber.... gloves?

God I hope so!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:God I hope so!!!

Can you identify your dentist in this video Ma'am?

http://youtu.be/tdbt-sx5MDc

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Can you identify your dentist in this video Ma'am?

They are in the appropriate biker attire... :whistling:

Quote:They are in the appropriate biker attire... :whistling:

They're all in the appropriate biker attire ma'am. They're a union of bikers. Can you be more specific?

Quote:They're all in the appropriate biker attire ma'am. They're a union of bikers. Can you be more specific?

the one in the tight black leather pants? :Woot:

Quote:the one in the tight black leather pants? :woot:

Cheekless?

Quote:Cheekless?

You even have to ask??

Quote:EJ was a terrible pick, no doubt, but you bench him not even halfway into his 2nd year? That's a bit extreme IMO. Let the kid play out the season, see if he turns the corner. If not, cut your losses and draft someone else. Kyle Orton isn't the answer, you already know that. So why not leave Manuel in and at least he can win you some games with his legs. Buffalo is a terribly managed organization.

From a Bills standpoint,  right now it's hard to argue with anything you mentioned.

Having said that,  from the standpoint of myself as a Lions fan,  I'm more concerned about what Kyle Orton can provide the Bills in a one game situation this coming Sunday than what a slumping E.J. Manuel probably would have provided them.   It's the same reason why I was glad that the Jets stayed with Geno Smith the entire game against the Lions this past Sunday instead of inserting Michael Vick.  

Quote:From a Bills standpoint,  right now it's hard to argue with anything you mentioned.

Having said that,  from the standpoint of myself as a Lions fan,  I'm more concerned about what Kyle Orton can provide the Bills in a one game situation this coming Sunday than what a slumping E.J. Manuel probably would have provided them.   It's the same reason why I was glad that the Jets stayed with Geno Smith the entire game against the Lions this past Sunday instead of inserting Michael Vick.  

haha I wouldn't worry about that

this is Kyle Orton.  He is average at best.

Quote:haha I wouldn't worry about that

this is Kyle Orton.  He is average at best.

I agree that Kyle Orton is average at best.   But that's noticeably more than what E.J. Manuel currently is.   

The Bills have enough talent on Offense for Orton to provide a short term upgrade in a number of games.    If the Lions play like the team is capable of,   it won't matter who the Bills QB is.   But Orton is the type of QB that's more than capable of taking advantage of Bills takeaways and opposition penalties.  

Quote:Did anybody watch Manuel at FSU and really think he would be a first round pick?

It was one of the weakest QB drafts in the last 15 years.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Marrone must be feeling his seat getting warm.

Manuel is terrible, but it's still not reassuring to go to Orton.

He lost the team over the handling of the Watkins injury during the preseason, and is trying to save face.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

<p style="font-size:14px;font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">KYLE ORTON:

<p style="font-size:14px;font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"He reads it quicker, the ball is coming out faster. That's just some things that we have to adjust to."

<p style="font-size:14px;font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">Wide receiver Robert Woods has also picked up on the change.

<p style="font-size:14px;font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"His directness in the huddle," he said, "telling us what to look for and be ready for when we're breaking the huddle when he calls the play."

ALL HAIL "BALL OUT" ORTON!!!!!!!!!!

HE WILL SAAAVVEE THE FRANCHIIIZEEEEE JUST LIKE LUKE DID!!!!!!!

WAIT, I ACTUALLY LIKE KYLE.  WHAT AM I SAYING?

Quote:He was to FSU what Garrard was to the Jaguars

I don't know why people say bad things about Garrard. The dude was a monster. If he ever had a legit group of receivers to throw to he probably would have been elite. He did extremely good with what little he had around him. He's easily the second best Jag QB we've ever had. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2014, 02:16 PM by badger.)

Quote:I don't know why people say bad things about Garrard. The dude was a monster. If he ever had a legit group of receivers to throw to he probably would have been elite. He did extremely good with what little he had around him. He's easily the second best Jag QB we've ever had. 

That isn't really an insult; Garrard was a good game manager.  That is really all Manuel was for FSU.

The Bills for some reason overdrafted Manuel.  Even FSU fans were confused by the pick.

Garrard had one really good year, but that isn't really unique.  Many player have up and down seasons.  Very few consistently play really well.

Quote:I don't know why people say bad things about Garrard. The dude was a monster. If he ever had a legit group of receivers to throw to he probably would have been elite.

Ummmmmm....no.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote: 

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);font-size:14px;">KYLE ORTON:

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);font-size:14px;">"He reads it quicker, the ball is coming out faster. That's just some things that we have to adjust to."

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);font-size:14px;">Wide receiver Robert Woods has also picked up on the change.

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);font-size:14px;">"His directness in the huddle," he said, "telling us what to look for and be ready for when we're breaking the huddle when he calls the play."

ALL HAIL "BALL OUT" ORTON!!!!!!!!!!

HE WILL SAAAVVEE THE FRANCHIIIZEEEEE JUST LIKE LUKE DID!!!!!!!

WAIT, I ACTUALLY LIKE KYLE.  WHAT AM I SAYING?

If the Patriots continue to struggle,   a 9-7 or even an 8-8 record probably will be good enough to win the AFC East.   Kyle Orton might have enough remaining in the tank to achieve that,  especially since the Bills have 5 more games against AFC East teams.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2014, 03:55 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

Quote:Did anybody watch Manuel at FSU and really think he would be a first round pick?
I watched him at FSU and I sure didn't think he would be a 1st round pick. I made many posts that he was simply not smart, and shouldn't be drafted high. I was shocked when he skyrocketed. This guy was clearly *worse* than Ponder, and made bone-headed plays every weeks. Yeah he had the physicials tools but so what? He never once showed that he had the mental ones. Either way, this doesn't surprise me, and I hope it works out for him tho.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:That isn't really an insult; Garrard was a good game manager.  That is really all Manuel was for FSU.

The Bills for some reason overdrafted Manuel.  Even FSU fans were confused by the pick.

Garrard had one really good year
, but that isn't really unique.  Many player have up and down seasons.  Very few consistently play really well.
Garrard did have only one really great year, but he had at least 4 solid years with possible 2010 also being pretty good. He was underrated by Jags fans the entire time. I have to wonder how people would have felt about him if Leftwich wasn't drafted (which every Garrard basher seems to have been a fan of).

The thing that really stuck out to me about Garrard was that on 3rd and long, I didn't feel like we didn't have a chance. With Leftwich, I never felt any chance. With Henne and Gabbert, definately had no chance of converting (barring a penalty). With Garrard tho, we had a decent chance.

This is what I like about Blake also, 3rd and 8 is no longer 'welp, we won't make this better go get some snacks while we punt again...' Any QB who gives you a shot on 3rd and long is at least decent, because the bad ones definitely give you no chance.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:EJ was a terrible pick, no doubt, but you bench him not even halfway into his 2nd year? That's a bit extreme IMO. Let the kid play out the season, see if he turns the corner. If not, cut your losses and draft someone else. Kyle Orton isn't the answer, you already know that. So why not leave Manuel in and at least he can win you some games with his legs. Buffalo is a terribly managed organization.
Some NFL coaches don't have the luxury of letting it play out. It's either win now or they're out