Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gus Bradley Monday Press Conference Live Stream 3:00 PM

How many times has he said they are a Resilient team and he's confident they will bounce back next week?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:How many times has he said they are a Resilient team and he's confident they will bounce back next week?

What should he have said?

"We suck as a whole and have decided to forfeit the remaining games on our schedule"?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:What should he have said?

"We suck as a whole and have decided to forfeit the remaining games on our schedule"?

No. But a little more candid calling the team out would be nice to see.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:What does that even mean, Gus.

What does that even mean.
Seriously? You don't see what he's getting at?

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Gus needs to listen to a Mike Tomlin press conference. Learn how to take some blame for your team.

Hell even Mike Singletary, I WANT WINNERS

He was more candid today. He actually said he's going to open up with the negatives (and he usually talks about the positives first) and kind of chuckled about it.

He kept saying that the defense especially the DBs, are not good enough. The job they're doin is unacceptable and needs to get better. It was pretty candid and pretty straightforward IMO.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:No. But a little more candid calling the team out would be nice to see.

He's called them out. What do you think a benching is? That's a message that's pretty much clear as day. Do they need to be lambasted in front of the media as well?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

You guys that think Gus is all sunshine and rainbows are absolutely kidding yourselves.  There's a reason that you haven't seen any post game speeches on the homepage lately. (they usually post them even after losses) 

He's definitely letting these guys know what's what, and he's encouraged them to police each other as well.  He must have called out 5 different players during that presser also.  He just didn't do it while kicking chairs or with spit spraying from the corners of his mouth like some coaches. 

I'm sure these players have seen the other side of the coin from Gus. 

People always clamoring for a rah rah angry press conference...

That worked so well for those guys they make sports center clips about.

I remember Tomlin saying the Steelers were going to unleash hell a couple seasons ago after crapping the bed a few weeks in a row. Then they crapped the bed some more and missed the playoffs.

How a coach acts at the post game presser matters little to none. Except for fans looking for a little drama.

Hey... WWE Raw is on tonight if you need some drama.

Quote:He's called them out. What do you think a benching is? That's a message that's pretty much clear as day. Do they need to be lambasted in front of the media as well?

I'm not actually listening. Just following along to updates. I'm glad to hear he said that. I just assumed from the updates I was getting that he wasn't.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:You guys that think Gus is all sunshine and rainbows are absolutely kidding yourselves.  There's a reason that you haven't seen any post game speeches on the homepage lately. (they usually post them even after losses) 

He's definitely letting these guys know what's what, and he's encouraged them to police each other as well.  He must have called out 5 different players during that presser also.  He just didn't do it while kicking chairs or with spit spraying from the corners of his mouth like some coaches. 

I'm sure these players have seen the other side of the coin from Gus. 
Agreed.

Plus, he's really new to the HC thing... maybe after he gets comfortable and has 3 losing seasons he'll start to lose his cool a bit.

Not that it is what I want. I prefer the calm coach who is all business "theres some good, and some bad, we need to fix the bad and maximize the good"

Period. What else needs to be said?

"HENNE SUCKS, GUY IS CFL TALENT AT BEST... CAN'T WORK WITH THIS [BLEEP]!"

"I'M TIRED OF SHORTS AND HIS HAMMY! TRADE 'IM!"

It's like some of you posters would like to see TMD as HC or something.

:woot:

Actually, the Tomlin comment about unleashing hell was last season after a 0-4 start.  They went on to go 8-4 in the next 10 games and missed the playoffs when KC played all their backups vs SD and missed a field goal in the final week.

I think he just said how proud he is of Henne continuing to be a great leader for this team ---- just kidding

I'm reading (or listening) between the lines, but I have a feeling Winston Guy will be cut soon.

He talked about guys continuing to make the same mistakes etc in the secondary and how it's unacceptable.

He's benched him, when he was in he allowed a TD from what I saw, so I think he's on a very very short leash.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Actually, the Tomlin comment about unleashing hell was last season after a 0-4 start. They went on to go 8-4 in the next 10 games and missed the playoffs when KC played all their backups vs SD and missed a field goal in the final week.

They went 8-4 in a 10 game stretch? I guess anything is possible...

Quote:Actually, the Tomlin comment about unleashing hell was last season after a 0-4 start.  They went on to go 8-4 in the next 10 games and missed the playoffs when KC played all their backups vs SD and missed a field goal in the final week.

"Unleash hell" remark blows up on Tomlin
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 7, 2009, 10:29 AM EDT

<p style="margin:0em 0em 1.2em;font-size:1em;">It sounded great in the wake of last Sunday night’s loss to the Ravens.  Steelers coach Mike Tomlin threw down the gauntlet with five games to play, claiming that his team “will not go gently,” and that they will “unleash hell” in December.

<p style="margin:0em 0em 1.2em;font-size:1em;">----------------

<p style="margin:0em 0em 1.2em;font-size:1em;">no...this comment was made in December of 09, after a 5 game losing streak had the Steelers at 6-7

<p style="margin:0em 0em 1.2em;font-size:1em;">they would rifle off 3 wins, but ultimately land on the outside looking in of the playoff hunt

Quote:I'm reading (or listening) between the lines, but I have a feeling Winston Guy will be cut soon.

He talked about guys continuing to make the same mistakes etc in the secondary and how it's unacceptable.

He's benched him, when he was in he allowed a TD from what I saw, so I think he's on a very very short leash.

Yeah. They need to just give him the axe. Keep Loston on the active roster. Start Evans and play Sherrod Martin if you need to.

Quote:Yeah. They need to just give him the axe. Keep Loston on the active roster. Start Evans and play Sherrod Martin if you need to.
I thought Martin was going to make the roster anyway.

Might as well go full youth movement though. Start Evans and Cyp.

Draft a stud FS, MLB, DE in the first 3 rounds next year.

Hope for more improvement from young guys.

@Kane --- good find.  I stand corrected.   I thought the comment came when Tomlin removed all of the leisure stuff (pool table, music) from the locker room last season after the 0-4 start.

When will you people understand press conferences are for the fans? You have no idea what he's saying to the players behind closed doors.