Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
An honest view at our start this year

Goat garlic and bodog squat bad..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Finally, someone sees the improvement lol. It's small but it is there. Another thing is we are actually moving the ball. The three and outs have dramatically decreased and we are actually converting third downs. Small victories lol
2nd year into the rebuild and that's the best we can come up with?

And the moving the ball and 3rd down improvement is just because of Blake Bortles....
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

All joking aside, finding a Franchise QB this year would satisfy my requirement for a successful season.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014, 04:40 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:2nd year into the rebuild and that's the best we can come up with?

And the moving the ball and 3rd down improvement is just because of Blake Bortles....
When you had nothing to build around to start with it's hard to fix it that quick. I really don't want to restart this conversation with in this thread lol. About 90% of that 2012 starting roster is out of the league right now or playing some type of back up role. Thats what Caldwell walked into. You can spin it however you want but this guy is really build from ground zero. Moving the ball and converting third downs is something we have not seen way before Caldwell came here. I know in 2011 it was hard to come by points. Hell it was hard to come by yards. I was happy to see 150 passing yards at one point. That wasn't Caldwells team. First downs are not some extinct animal any more so yeah I give Caldwell props on that. 

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014, 04:48 PM by P. Haze.)

Whatever makes you feel better about your favorite team being the worst team in the league go ahead and view it from that perspective. This is the NFL and you will always play good teams that might go to the playoffs. To justify being bad by that standard is weak and sad. Oakland is 0-4 and looks just as bad as we do but at least they are competitive in half their games. We are competitive in a half of a game. Tampa went to Pittsburgh and won after getting killed a week earlier. Watch how the Steelers come to our stadium destroy us in this game Sunday. If it was a thing like relegation in the NFL this team would of been sent to the CFL.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Really the fact that we found a franchise qb is a win in itself for this year. That is something to be happy about. Party poopers lol

Let's see now.

Ok, we have our QB, SUCCESS!!

Hurns is a huge get.

Allen Robinson is playing like a veteran.

Lee, the jury is still out for me, but there's promise.

Marcedes' injury very disappointing, but Harbor showed up.

The O-line had a better game. Bowanko did a nice job, Joeckel is still playing, Pasztor's coming back.

The secondary is the weakest link.

Bradley's go-fer-it's on 4th down REALLY SUCK.. We were lucky (nice job to the D) it only cost us 3 points. The game dynamics were most definitely ill-affected by this very poor decision, with a very poorly chosen play to boot. Same as his last similar bad decision, with a bad play. A coach should find an edge, rather than give one to the opponents. He has done more of the latter thus far.

Special teams can and needs to improve, but they aren't the weak link and are at least holding their own. We need to pin them deep, and cover returns better.

The D is obviously the weakest link, but there was noticeable marginal improvement up front.

Quote:Completely disagree but that's part of human nature.

It's not so much that we are 0-4.... It's in the way we are losing.

I hear you but I think the last game was a little different. We were overmatched but it was competitive although our D made some big mistakes again. SD got some gimmies which is why the final spread was 19 points. SD is just a good football team and we were playing on the west coast. I'm not so sure we don't win last week if the circumstances were different.

Not making excuses, we got whipped, but what I'm saying is it felt like we might be turning a corner a little bit. The secondary will continue to struggle at times but you're gonna see some much closer games going forward.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.