Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is the "core" of this team?

If Bortles fails and Caldwell is replaced, the remaining core will just be Anger. The new GM will cut and replace everyone else.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Joeckel, Beadles, Bortles, Marks, Poz, Cyp
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Rookie wr's maybecome core with the undrafted guy looking the best none of that is a foundation wet concrete at best. Nobody on this o-line should be considered core either, granted some young guys could develop. Even Bortles isn't, he's been good but there's certainly no guarantee he will develop, he could simply remain a guy with all the tools but throws int's when it matters.

D-rob, Hurns, Cyp, Bortles. I don't know but i hope some of these young guys actually do develop. Hard to trust Caldwell at this point, Gratz and Joeckel should be better.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Gerhart

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

The heart and soul of the Jaguars was Nate Stupar, released in final cuts.  When last spotted, he was making the key block to spring Devin Hester on his record-setting return TD in Atlanta.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lewis ? Lol

I dont understand the hate on Lewis. I think he is a great target and would be an awesome receiver for Bortles. Sure he is kind of a goofy runner but he usually comes through.

The core of this team right now? This is a great question. Because we really don't know if most of these guys are going to be here next year to support the core. Obviously it officially started with Blake Bortles on Sunday. He's the guy you build around. So he's right there in the middle of all of it. Once you get outside of him, you can start looking at his fellow classmates. I think Robinson, Lee, and Hurns would then be your core group of receivers to look at moving forward. I really don't think Shorts is going to be in Jacksonville much longer. The next position, is TE. Lewis is also getting up there in age. I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone after this year or next year as well. Caldwell will have to find Bortles a viable target there as well. And we've seen that happen typically with young QB's over the years. Fleener and Allen in IND are a good example for Luck.

The RB position is up for grabs right now. Gearhart is not really producing, Robinson is still developing, I mean, honestly, if we start winning some games and the running game isn't up to snuff. Don't put it past Caldwell to maybe eyeball Todd Gurley in next year's draft if we get slotted between 10 - 20 (I doubt it though). Joeckel has to improve at :LT. Bolanko might be a solid player at Center, I don't know yet. Linder at RG as well. If those three guys could gel. We may not need to address the line again next year.

Defensively. We literally need help EVERYWHERE. Clemons and Bryant can't be the long term answer here for your core. As their age will not permit that. The secondary, outside of Cyprien, should all be concerned for their jobs. The linebacking core, including Paul in the middle, should all be concerned for their jobs. Marks is really only the guy I would say is "safe" on defense right now. Branch shows flashes here and there. Davis was looking good off the edge as well but he's kind of dissapeared over the last two weeks. This defense has more holes in it right now than a piece of swiss cheese.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Obviously, it is Scobee and Anger.