Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PFF gives Bortles 4th worst QB grade

Quote:I didn't say he NEVER has done it.  My point is that he has been really predictable at times where he is going with the ball, resulting in interceptions or passes deflected.  It's partly decision-making as well.

He just needs to get better at it and be more consistent.

He's a rookie.  Give it time. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He's a rookie.  Give it time. 

I realize that.  Ha, did I say he's a bust or something?

Quote:He's a rookie.  Give it time. 
Bingo.

Is he the perfect, HOF caliber QB yet?

No.

But I really like the direction he is headed.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Grades are way too early for Bortles. Let the kid loose, let him call the plays as he sees fit. Cant be worse then what our rookie offense coordinator is giving him. And lets remember that Bortles can score but the defense needs to do there jobs and keep us close and not play catch-up in the 2nd half. Avoid the blowouts we can actually win a couple here down the road. :yes:

I think PFF knows about as much about football as Walterfootball.  Which is to say, not very much.  I used to think their metrics might actually mean something, but they really don't.  Aside from maybe their O-line grades.

Greg Bedard has a pretty good analysis of Blake's play.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/29/blake-bort...fl-starts/

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I think PFF knows about as much about football as Walterfootball.  Which is to say, not very much.  I used to think their metrics might actually mean something, but they really don't.  Aside from maybe their O-line grades.

There are some things that are easy to see on the television broadcast anyone can get. Things like whether an o-lineman is stiff and has bad pass protection technique. Other things are nearly impossible to understand without knowing what play was called.

However, I think most of us don't need to know what was called to know what we saw yesterday, which is a QB with a vastly superior toolset and ability to Henne, and the majority of guys employed as QBs in the NFL overall.

Quote:I think PFF knows about as much about football as Walterfootball.  Which is to say, not very much.  I used to think their metrics might actually mean something, but they really don't.  Aside from maybe their O-line grades.

It's a very good analysis, if you factor in our awful defense, our awful running game, our awful offensive line, and our youth at receiver, it puts things into perspective.

Quote:He obviously has areas that need improvement, and it's not his "footwork".  He needs to stop staring down his primary target.

Other than that he has been a breath of fresh air.

He is NOT starting down his primary target. Cecil was his second read. Also, it was Cecil's fault for not trying to catch the ball, not Blake's fault for throwing it to him.

Quote:He is NOT starting down his primary target. Cecil was his second read. Also, it was Cecil's fault for not trying to catch the ball, not Blake's fault for throwing it to him.

JW, just stop quoting me.  There must be a communication block going on here.  I was specifically referencing his throw that was intercepted by Weddle, and a throw he made against the Colts.  Me saying he needs to stop staring down his primary target on some plays has nothing to do with the interception by Flowers.

Quote:Not going to sweat it. Bottomline is this. He flashed, yet again, like he's always done in every single game he's played in. He either makes a play here or a play there that literally makes you go "WOW!...did he just do that?". He'll get better man. He really well. I actually believe in this kid. What PFF won't take into consideration is the fact that Bortles is playing with virtually nobodies or rookies right now at the WR position. He threw a TD pass to a TE that WAS JUST SIGNED earlier this week. And he has no running game and is stuck behind a very young and inexperienced offensive line. I am not trying to make too many excuses for the kid. But c'mon. He did pretty good out there. I was impressed. I don't know if we're not making the right adjustments at half-time, or if we're just mentally falling apart in the 2nd half of football games. But, despite this and that. He did pretty good in my book.

Great post. I totally agree.

Quote:Blake's second pick wasn't the greatest decision, but whatever happened to a receiver coming back for the ball? Bad effort by Shorts on that one.

Shorts was hurt.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:He obviously has areas that need improvement, and it's not his "footwork".  He needs to stop staring down his primary target.

Other than that he has been a breath of fresh air.

He isn't staring down his primary target.  Weddle's INT came off of Shorts.  Shorts was his 3rd read in that play.  His mistakes are typical rookie QB mistakes.  But he also mixes in the really really good plays.  That's what you want from a guy who's played 6 quarters in the NFL.

Quote:Great post. I totally agree.

Shorts was hurt.

Umm was he playing? Yes.

I don't care if he was hurt or not. If he was hurt that badly he shouldn't have been in there, because in turn he hurt the team.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014, 03:11 PM by badger.)

Quote:He isn't staring down his primary target.  Weddle's INT came off of Shorts.  Shorts was his 3rd read in that play.  His mistakes are typical rookie QB mistakes.  But he also mixes in the really really good plays.  That's what you want from a guy who's played 6 quarters in the NFL.

You are confusing the first and second interceptions  Flowers got the interception in front of Shorts.  That play was a bad decision that has nothing to do with him locking in on targets.

I spoke with Mike Keith the voice from the TN Titans....He said everyone from the network thinks BB5 is something special and will be tops in league before long. He's a critical guy....

I guess if you take his game completely out of context, you might arrive at that grade. I think followers of the team have to be happy with what we saw.

My only gripe is he seems to have a difficult time with his feet when he throws left. I hope it gets cleaned up.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/9/29/6862565/jaguars-blake-bortles-earns-fourth-worst-passing-grade-from-pro-football-focus'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/9/29/6862565/jaguars-blake-bortles-earns-fourth-worst-passing-grade-from-pro-football-focus</a>

Meh.
Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled with Bortles, but those.two int were a big part of why we lost so bad.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I used to subscribe to PFF until I learned about their methodology. Now I think they are complete crap and pay little attention to them.

We didn't lose bad because of the INTs we lost bad because our defense couldn't stop anything thrown past 4 yards.

3rd and 8 no problem they got this. Nope wrong again.

Coverage was Terrible but Rivers is good so it's expected
Jags 4 Life

Quote:You are confusing the first and second interceptions  Flowers got the interception in front of Shorts.  That play was a bad decision that has nothing to do with him locking in on targets.

Lol, what?  Shorts sat there and let Flowers step right in front of him.  Blake put the ball where it was supposed to be; Shorts' ol' trick hammy seized up again and he didn't even make a play on the ball.

All shorts had to do was move 2 steps and knock the ball out if defenders hands.

He pulled a hammy and stopped moing hell Leftwich played at Marshall with a broken foot and his teamates carried him to each play.

Shorts needs more toughness and stop giving up on plays or the team will give up on him.
Jags 4 Life