Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gerhart in I formation

Quote:Stats lie all the time and Gerhart did not have a better game. Did you ever see Denard fumble or fail to convert a fourth down?
Well to be honest all our short yardage calls were crap and there was no hole whatsoever in the last 4th down run.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

his fumble was a killer

Quote:his fumble was a killer

In the end, it wasn't. The Chargers punted on that drive.

I'm not ready to write Gerhart off just yet. He made some progress this last game.

Quote:Slowby is garbage. He had to beg for that TD. He has a Mike alstott frame, and cant move a pile or gain 1 freaking yard without falling down.

Give me some DRob.
I sadly have to agree with you, I really was hoping Toby would live up to the hype but that fumble was upsetting... and then not being able to get one yard when your supposed to be this power running back... sad...

D-Rob had a good game all things considered he should get more reps next week..

Quote:Because stats don't lie and unfortunately Gerhart had a better game than Denard..

[Image: 20j4u3o.png]

Though that probably looks different if you consider that 9 of those yards (his best of the year) ended with a fumble.  So they count for that chart, but not for any of us who care about the outcome.  Or if you don't like your back stopping and hesitating, instead of hitting the pile, on a 4th and 1.

Gerhart seems to be running cautiously.  I'd like to see him sell out a little on 3rd and short situations (i.e. dive over the pile or just plunge a little harder). 

Quote:In the end, it wasn't. The Chargers punted on that drive.

It didn't help.  We had very few defensive stops on the day.  If you believe the Jags D had that stop in them early, then presumably they get the stop whether we fumble there, punt, or score.  So him losing it killed the drive, and any chance for us to score there.  If we score and stop them, who knows how that changes the game.

Losses are created by strings of things like that, and he kicked it off early for us.

Quote:Well to be honest all our short yardage calls were crap and there was no hole whatsoever in the last 4th down run.

No, there was no hole.  But it's 4th and 1, and if there is no hole, you gotta do something decisively.  Bounce it out, or just charge full on into the pile and try to move it for 1.  You can't just stop in the backfield.

it was not, SD had a three and out and punted right after they got the fumble

There is never a hole on 4th and 1. You slam into the line, jump over it or cut outside. Standing there clueless waiting for a hole wont work

Cant wait til this fullback experiment is over.

Look, for everyone who just like to bash every player, Gerhart is running out of his system. This system is not what they ran in Minnesota. He has no holes to run through. Just like Rashad Jennings who everyone bashed and said he cant get the job done, he has gone to two other teams and flourished.  So please, please chill out. Just cause we aren't getting the production that YOU fans think we should, doesnt mean the player is bad.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

I just rather see other players get the touches. No doubt the oline is trash but weve been spoiled wit superstar RBs for so long this is hard to watch

Gerhart runs like he has no faith in the line to produce a hole. Im starting to question his effort though.

Quote:Gerhart runs like he has no faith in the line to produce a hole. Im starting to question his effort though.

I wish he would lower his shoulder and punish someone...he's not a finesse back.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]