Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lead the league in sacks.

We lead the league in sacks.

Also, how do we lead the league in sacks but our secondary is sooooooo bad right now?

Is it talent, mental mistakes, both?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's plays : sack ratio. Also our secondary is doing nothing. They're getting beat over the top and underneath.

I think it's because we aren't getting consistent pressure on the QB. When they said we lead the league in sacks I thought they were wrong. On most plays, it seems like the QB has all day to make the play...and usually does.

Quote:It's plays : sack ratio. Also our secondary is doing nothing. They're getting beat over the top and underneath.

That makes sense. The defense has played about 6 games worth of normal playing time
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I thought this was going to be one of those, when I click the link I see that lead the league in being sacked. I like what I saw out of BB today, hoping the secondary steps up

Quote:I think it's because we aren't getting consistent pressure on the QB. 

This ^  

I'm very happy about the sacks, but the pressure has been very inconsistent since the third quarter of week 1. 

Quote:I think it's because we aren't getting consistent pressure on the QB. When they said we lead the league in sacks I thought they were wrong. On most plays, it seems like the QB has all day to make the play...and usually does.
I don't agree about the game today, it was Rivers ability to work under pressure that made the Chargers passing game so successful with great support from our secondary that was torched all game.

The Jets have 14. I believe the Jags are 2nd

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I thought this was going to be one of those, when I click the link I see that lead the league in being sacked. I like what I saw out of BB today, hoping the secondary steps up

I knew that was not it. Blake was outside the pocket when he spun around over a player and completed a pass, so it was not a sack.

My biggest worry about the secondary is Dwayne Gratz. Say what you will about the bad performance, but the most important thing is how he left the game.

Quote:I thought this was going to be one of those, when I click the link I see that lead the league in being sacked. I like what I saw out of BB today, hoping the secondary steps up

Well we do lead in that too lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Well we do lead in that too lol

Probably not for long. Henne was sacked 16 times in ten quarters. Bortles has been sacked 4 times in six quarters.

Quote:Well we do lead in that too lol

Mostly because of Chad Henne. By the end of the year we will not lead the NFL in sacks from the offensive POV.

Quote:Probably not for long. Henne was sacked 16 times in ten quarters. Bortles has been sacked 4 times in six quarters.

Oh I know. Just currently was what I was getting at
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:This ^  

I'm very happy about the sacks, but the pressure has been very inconsistent since the third quarter of week 1. 
I thought Rivers was moved around in the pocket and did not have to many plays where he just had all day to pass the ball. The problem is if the secondary cant cover their man for three or four seconds it totally eliminates the results that getting pressure on the quarterback will affect the game. Then consider playing against a quarterback like Rivers you need pressure and coverage to affect his game.

Quote:I thought Rivers was moved around in the pocket and did not have to many plays where he just had all day to pass the ball. The problem is if the secondary cant cover their man for three or four seconds it totally eliminates the results that getting pressure on the quarterback will affect the game. Then consider playing against a quarterback like Rivers you need pressure and coverage to affect his game.

The two elements (pressure and coverage) always work in tandem and sometimes it's more one than the other to blame, but my impression today was that Rivers had time more often than not.  I did notice that he was moved out of the pocket several times which is a credit to the pressure - but I still feel like if you are going to play that much zone in the secondary - the pressure has to be more consistent. 

There was one time when she almost sacked him and gave up a big play. I thought we were going to sack him before he had a chance to throw the ball.

Quote:We lead the league in sacks.

Also, how do we lead the league in sacks but our secondary is sooooooo bad right now?

Is it talent, mental mistakes, both?

All of the above

Rivers is not very athletic but is very good at moving in the pocket. There were some plays when we got quick pressure but he was able to avoid the sack just long enough to hit someone who was usually wide open because the coverage is very very poor.

I don't know. It seems to me that we play with an overly large gap between our Tackles. Almost like we have 4 DE's...

Maybe it's an angular concept, but it seems tailor-made for getting beat up the middle.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

The pressure has been there, the back 7 is absolutely garbage though apart from Cyp. Evans/Guy are about as bad as Prosinski in the secondary.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.