Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
After 25% of the season in our 2nd year of rebuild. What we have learned

We spent big on Hugh Douglas, Drayton Florence, Aaron Ross, Hardy Nickerson, Beadles, Kasim Osgood, Aaron Kampman, Torry Holt, Deion Grant, Bryce Paup, Jerry Porter, Cleo Lemon, Fernando Smith, and I could go on and on. We went after Alex Mack this offseason but Cleveland matched the offer.

There just isn't much on the free agent market. Any really good player will be franchised, or retained by their original team.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 09:23 PM by Flame.)

Revis, McCourty, Talib, Demarcus Ware, TJ Ward, Brandon Flowers, Freeney, Sproles, etc... The list could go on. The FA's that we got from that list were trash and washed up. Just because our GM failed at working the FA market, doesn't mean getting FA players are bad. Ndamukong Suh wil be in FA after this year and even though he is a dirty player, he gets the job done and gives the defense some fire. We have the money to get big named players and if we don't use it, what are we waiting for? Another draft class isn't going to save the day and make us win the AFC South next year... No need to hoard the money lol, spend some of it.

2015?

That this team won't be in the playoffs next year with all these holes and mediocre to bad players on the roster. I've heard 2015 was the year and it ain't happening with this historically trash team.

People fail to realize that players do not want to go to Jacksonville if they've shown absolutely no hope of being a competitive team and it won't change this offseason either.

You're not going to lure a big name free agent until you prove you can play the damn game at a professional level and the Jaguars might have fielded two of  the worst teams of the 2010s.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:People fail to realize that players do not want to go to Jacksonville if they've shown absolutely no hope of being a competitive team and it won't change this offseason either.

You're not going to lure a big name free agent until you prove you can play the damn game at a professional level and the Jaguars might have fielded two of  the worst teams of the 2010s.

Truth.

Unless you ridiculously overpay them. And then you get "Paid Vacation" guys like Ross, Douglas.

Quote:People fail to realize that players do not want to go to Jacksonville if they've shown absolutely no hope of being a competitive team and it won't change this offseason either.

It's frustrating I really thought we would show improvement this year

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

They don't want to come here individually. You have to show them other players will be coming here as well.

2015?

Quote:It's frustrating I really thought we would show improvement this year
I really did to Eric. I was completely fooled this year. We need to rebuild the defense again. Look at the age of the LB and DL. I really thought Bradley was the man.

I was fooled too. This team looks no better than when Mularkey was coaching them up 2 years ago.

Quote:1. Blake Bortles has it.  Courage, moxy, arm strength, etc. It would be scarey to think what this team would look like with some better talent around him.

2. The offensive line is a work in progress:  They have played better the last 2 weeks and have actually opened up some running lanes.  I think with some more time this could become a solid group.

3. Shorts cannot be counted on.  The best ability is availability.  His durability is poor and can't be relied upon

4. This coaching staff needs to be replaced. Bradley had a talented team in Seattle and has the whole tony robbins life coach thing going on.  I can't think of anything else that is impressive.  Fisch has horrible playcalling and the D coordinator should get fired Monday.  I could write a whole other topic on this issue.  Poor second half adjustments terrible situation calls, etc etc.

5. This whole secondary outside of Cyprien needs to be replaced.  The Defensive line is #1 in sacks and has produced constant pressure.  The issue is there are receivers running free wide open down the field.

6. We also need a whole Lb team.  Poz is too slow, Hayes sucks, and whoever is on the other side stinks too.

7. The receiving group is showing promise.  Allen Robinson is a good possession receiver. Hurns is an impact playmaker. Marcus Lee is the X Factor.  Arrow is pointing up

8. The RB sitution meh.  Denard ran well today while Gerhart just sucks.  We need an upgrade

9. This team will be in a great position to acquire better talent next offseason. We will pick at or near the top of the draft and have the most cap space in the NFL.  It's got to be time to open the check book.

10.  The Jury is still out.  Are we just young or are we young and terrible?  Caldwell has made some mistakes.

2. Yes but there's no guarantee that time is the solution.  These guys may not have enough talent.  It's hard to tell at this point.

5. They do not apply constant pressure.  They do at times but other times there is no pressure.  Even when there is they don't know how to tackle and close out a play.  For have so much depth I'd say they are underperforming what was advertised to us.  They also get gutted with runs right up the middle.  Not so much against SD but the 1st 3 games they did.

9.  I agree except at this point I'm very concerned about Dave Caldwell's ability to acquire talent.  I know the jury is still out on him but I'm just not sold.  So, even though we will pick near the top, I just hope the GM know's what they're doing.

10.  Yes, but the proof/result we see on the field each week is not looking that good.  Other than BB, Robinson and Hurns there isn't much to like about what Caldwelll has done thus far.

Quote:We spent big on Hugh Douglas, Drayton Florence, Aaron Ross, Hardy Nickerson, Beadles, Kasim Osgood, Aaron Kampman, Torry Holt, Deion Grant, Bryce Paup, Jerry Porter, Cleo Lemon, Fernando Smith, and I could go on and on. We went after Alex Mack this offseason but Cleveland matched the offer.

There just isn't much on the free agent market. Any really good player will be franchised, or retained by their original team.

Spending money on free agents is no different than drafting college players.  Pick the right ones and the team improves, pick the wrong ones and it doesn't.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:We spent big on Hugh Douglas, Drayton Florence, Aaron Ross, Hardy Nickerson, Beadles, Kasim Osgood, Aaron Kampman, Torry Holt, Deion Grant, Bryce Paup, Jerry Porter, Cleo Lemon, Fernando Smith, and I could go on and on. We went after Alex Mack this offseason but Cleveland matched the offer.

Bruh, Deon Grant was good.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 10:25 PM by Flame.)

Lol, you guys... The fact that we've had two successful drafts in a row (graded very high) and we've shown no improvement from 3 years ago, is pretty sad. If we have been drafting the right guys and we still suck, wouldn't that mean the draft isn't doing anything for us? There is no reason to have the largest cap space in the NFL and suck like we do. We brought in players from FA this year and they haven't changed this team at all. If they're getting players from FA, you might as well go for the big name players or don't bother at all. I mean, we have the money to spend like no other team can. Dave and Gus have the rest of this year and next year to turn the team around. They have no other choice but to go big in FA and spend that money. You can't sit here and think the draft class we will get this year will lead us to an AFC South title next year...

2015?

This team has regressed.  We cant even lose a game by single digits.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We learned Fisch still sucks. 

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 11:00 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

I agree.

We need a new HC, OC and DC

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I'm leaning more towards it being the coaching and not the players.  Yes it's a young squad but there are a lot of high round draft picks starting for this team.  I expect a young team to lose but I also expect them to have some fight and stay in some games.  We haven't been in a game since November of last year.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I agree.

We need a new HC, OC and DC

With the new CBA curbing coach interaction and practice time, how can you keep flipping philosophy and coaches?  Answer is  you can't.  You fix QB and pieces will line up around the position.  The arrow will point up by the end of this year.

I think it was a bit of foolish belief thinking 2015 is some kind of magical year.  At this current pace, next year will build off this year.  With a full rebuild and a decade of horrible drafting, this team is not some magical turn around story.  This is ground floor and work your way up from nothing work.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014, 08:57 AM by JaguarsAreBeasting.)

JDR and his coordinators/coaches would have a couple of wins with this roster.