Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bridgewater Injured

Quote:Bryce Petty is a product of a wide open offense and building up his stats vs cupcake teams.
In other words, if the Titans or Texans want him, be our guest. Wink

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Imagine Houston with Bortles or Bridgewater right now.
That defense with a talented and capable young QB? Houston should be a lock to win a very weak division.

Well, looks like it didn't take long for TB to miss a start b/c of an injury.

What a shame, I was really looking forward to seeing how he played tonight against the Packers in Green Bay.

I hope he isn't out long.

He'll get some extra time to heal since they play the Thursday night game this week.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Well, looks like it didn't take long for TB to miss a start b/c of an injury.

What a shame, I was really looking forward to seeing how he played tonight against the Packers in Green Bay.

I hope he isn't out long.

He'll get some extra time to heal since they play the Thursday night game this week.

The fact that he was not ruled out until today tells me it is not a very bad sprain and he should be back for Week 6. I am sure he is a lot more disappointed than the fans, especially because it is a Thursday night game and against the Packers.

That sucks, was looking forward to watching him tonight.

I guess it's, go pack go now.

Ugh....definitely looking forward to watching him get tested in Lambeau.

I don't think we're ever going to see Bridgewater's ceiling because the dude's a glass skeleton. I see him missing a lot of games. So glad we didn't take him..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

UGH another Thursday night beat down.

this was one of the risks with Bridgewater.  And why everyone was concerned with his weight.  He packed on the pounds for the combine but then had trouble keeping it on.  hard enough to stay healthy as a QB... even tougher when you've got a slight frame.

Quote:this was one of the risks with Bridgewater.  And why everyone was concerned with his weight.  He packed on the pounds for the combine but then had trouble keeping it on.  hard enough to stay healthy as a QB... even tougher when you've got a slight frame.

Wasn't it an ankle injury?  Do we really think that has to do with his weight?  

I'm not disagreeing with you but I don't think an extra 15-20 pounds would have prevented this specific injury.

He rolled his ankle. Has nothing to do with his weight or slight frame.

Quote:lol at the Skinny Ankles post.  I saw the injury and thought about that 160 page thread breaking down Bridgewater, including his small hands and skinny ankles.   How ironic !!

The truth is... well, the truth.

Couldn't finish his first start, and missed what would have been his second.

We now see that the scouts' suspicions were very real, and very justified.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I don't see how his weight coulda factored in to the injury...at all

Quote:I don't see how his weight coulda factored in to the injury...at all

It isn't his weight.

He's simply not built to handle NFL punishment.  He's a child among men.

Quote:It isn't his weight.

He's simply not built to handle NFL punishment. He's a child among men.

So when larger players suffer injuries in a very similar fashion.

Then what? Are they not built to handle NFL punishment?

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2014, 10:41 AM by roycee.)

Double post

Quote:So when larger players suffer injuries in a very similar fashion.

Then what? Are they not built to handle NFL punishment?

You can talk yourself in circles all you want, but everything you and others excused about him are now an inexcusable reality.

Sorry if the truth hurts.  Maybe next time you'll be looking for the truth, instead of an idol to worship.

Quote:You can talk yourself in circles all you want, but everything you and others excused about him are now an inexcusable reality.

Sorry if the truth hurts. Maybe next time you'll be looking for the truth, instead of an idol to worship.

How am I looking for an idol to worship?

I'm just saying his frame had nothing to do with his injury that he suffered. Now had he just taken a routine hit then got injured you may have a point.

His weight has nothing to do with his brittle frame.. Or maybe it does.. Would be like balancing a brick on a house of cards.. 

[Image: 2csgjs4.gif]