Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
SD Loss Silver Linings

List any you can muster up.  

-  The D-line Finally played well against the run.  (Secondary came up strong on 3 or 4 run plays too.)

They were forced to pass to their backs and attack the LBs.  At least one dimension was shut down.  (42 yds rushing)

- Blake continues to impress despite the INTs.  His ability to evade the rush is a godsend with this O-line. 

-  A - Robinson and Hurns continue to look like they'll be important contributors for years to come. 

-  D-Rob showing the ability many of us have been predicting to surface on the field.  ( he had only 25 yds rushing but was met in the backfield on 5 of his 9 rushes by my count) 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I liked what I saw from Bryant/Marks. I think Marks could have done even more but he looked like he was being held on half the plays.

I am good despite...........

Same old fools posting the same old stuff after a loss.  You know, the ones you never hear from except after a game. The ones who have figured it all out on madden and want to tell everyone what is wrong. 

They're not hard to spot. Just look for new threads, bumped threads, and blowhards.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:List any you can muster up.  

-  The D-line Finally played well against the run.  (Secondary came up strong on 3 or 4 run plays too.)

They were forced to pass to their backs and attack the LBs.  At least one dimension was shut down.  (42 yds rushing)

- Blake continues to impress despite the INTs.  His ability to evade the rush is a godsend with this O-line. 

-  A - Robinson and Hurns continue to look like they'll be important contributors for years to come. 

-  D-Rob showing the ability many of us have been predicting to surface on the field.  ( he had only 25 yds rushing but was met in the backfield on 5 of his 9 rushes by my count) 
Todman looked pretty good at kick off returens....

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Least amount of points we've allowed all season.

Run def did look good.

It's those explosive plays that killed us. Once they were up they just teed off on Bortles. Who did a good job against it I thought.

I think we'll win a few as Blake progresses. Hopefully the defense figures things out.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I liked what I saw from Bryant/Marks. I think Marks could have done even more but he looked like he was being held on half the plays.
Yes. 

Quote:I am good despite...........

Same old fools posting the same old stuff after a loss.  You know, the ones you never hear from except after a game. The ones who have figured it all out on madden and want to tell everyone what is wrong. 

They're not hard to spot. Just look for new threads, bumped threads, and blowhards.

Not sure what you mean.  Are you referring to what I said about Blake? Or you just dislike the thread?

BTW I didn't bump my own thread  - just hit the "quote" button by mistake instead of "edit" while trying to fix my o.p.

Quote:Yes.

Not sure what you mean. Are you referring to what I said about Blake? Or you just dislike the thread?

I think that was more directed at me don't worry Wink

How about the fact that we were not blown out in the first half? We owned the whole first quarter.

Toby Gerhart ended our rushing touchdown drought.

Nic Jacobs scored his first NFL touchdown.

Gus Bradley won a challenge, turning a first down into an incompete pass.

I probably could think of more if Dwayne Gratz and Cecil Shorts stayed healthy. Right now I am worried about them.

I still think we're close. Defense is just a few pieces away. FS probably the biggest need.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Bortles looked comfortable against an aggressive D. 

O-Line, while not great, played better than they have.

Drob played well.

We stopped the run (albeit against a bad running team)

Bortles mistakes were typical young QB mistakes, not moronic ones you can't figure out.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Bortles looked comfortable against an aggressive D.

O-Line, while not great, played better than they have.

Drob played well.

We stopped the run (albeit against a bad running team)

Bortles mistakes were typical young QB mistakes, not moronic ones you can't figure out.

This

The team balled today. Bortles is a man. Hurns is a man. Allen is a man. I feel like we got beat by a better team today. Not that the team is pure trash. 

I think the worst thing we could do is compare players to other players.

We're setting this young team up for failure

Quote:Yes. 

Not sure what you mean.  Are you referring to what I said about Blake? Or you just dislike the thread?

BTW I didn't bump my own thread  - just hit the "quote" button by mistake instead of "edit" while trying to fix my o.p.
Not you at all. Just look at the main forum. I should have clarified.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:The team balled today. Bortles is a man. Hurns is a man. Allen is a man. I feel like we got beat by a better team today. Not that the team is pure trash. 

You could make a case that all of our losses have been as such.

Philadelphia is good, Indianapolis (by default) and San Diego are all playoff caliber teams. We all know we aren't there yet.

Even Washington has been playing pretty well, so it's not like we have been getting blown out every week by Oakland. It's all about perspective.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Not you at all. Just look at the main forum. I should have clarified.
Gotcha.  Lots, and lots of requisite knee-jerking going on after a result that most expected anyway. 

-There was a point where we were actually still in the game.  And it was as late as the second quarter!

-Time of Possession battle was won!

-Bortles completed 78% of his passes.  That's something we haven't seen from a starting QB on this team (with more than like 10 attempts) since 11/14/2010 with David Garrard.

-We completed 64% of our third downs.  Compared to a couple of weeks ago, when it was 24%.  The chargers didn't actually do better than us on third downs either.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Gotcha.  Lots, and lots of requisite knee-jerking going on after a result that most expected anyway. 
Yep. Mostly by a bunch of blowhard fools. You're far from one of that group.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 07:45 PM by Dockerill91.)

Quote:Yep. Mostly by a bunch of blowhard fools. You're far from one of that group.

What's wrong with criticising the play Dakota, of the last 20 games we are 4-16 do you not think that's worth criticising?