Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
SD Loss Silver Linings

Quote:You could make a case that all of our losses have been as such.

Philadelphia is good, Indianapolis (by default) and San Diego are all playoff caliber teams. We all know we aren't there yet.

Even Washington has been playing pretty well, so it's not like we have been getting blown out every week by Oakland. It's all about perspective.

Washington only played well against us. Six points against the Texans and a blowout loss at home against the Giants certainly don't make me think they are a good team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Oh...and I thought Clay Harbor played well in his first game back from injury. Gotta give the backup TE some love.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:-There was a point where we were actually still in the game.  And it was as late as the second quarter!

-Time of Possession battle was won!

-Bortles completed 78% of his passes.  That's something we haven't seen from a starting QB on this team (with more than like 10 attempts) since 11/14/2010 with David Garrard.

-We completed 64% of our third downs.  Compared to a couple of weeks ago, when it was 24%.  The chargers didn't actually do better than us on third downs either.

Excellent points.   ^  Progress was made.  Baby steps when we thought strides were on the way are tough - but still important. 

Run D looked better. 3rd down passing killed us again on defense. The offense was great until the second half but Cecil leaving and the defense teeing off didn't help. Should be better with Ace and Pasztor back. I think we can compete with what we have but the defense has to start making plays you aren't going to shut down a good team like SD but too many times we just gave it up too easy and lost the TOP battle when we were winning it at halftime. Bortles looks like a franchise QB, running game was at least serviceable. Looking forward to the upcoming home games and seeing if we can get it together against Pittsburgh who lost a brow raiser. 

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Washington only played well against us. Six points against the Texans and a blowout loss at home against the Giants certainly don't make me think they are a good team.

Points duly noted and my apologies.

They played pretty well against us the Eagles and whalloped us but I admit to not paying much attention to them otherwise (despite living just outside DC).

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Anyone else getting tired of silver linings? We want pay dirt.. 

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:Anyone else getting tired of silver linings? We want pay dirt.. 
I thought our silver linings came in may in terms of draft order. Sad

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Bridgewater was taken out of game due to injury

Quote:Run D looked better. 3rd down passing killed us again on defense. The offense was great until the second half but Cecil leaving and the defense teeing off didn't help. Should be better with Ace and Pasztor back. I think we can compete with what we have but the defense has to start making plays you aren't going to shut down a good team like SD but too many times we just gave it up too easy and lost the TOP battle when we were winning it at halftime. Bortles looks like a franchise QB, running game was at least serviceable. Looking forward to the upcoming home games and seeing if we can get it together against Pittsburgh who lost a brow raiser. 

It reminded me of the Eagles game. I was smiling almost the entire first quarter. We will definitely get better with Sanders and Pasztor back . . . if we don't lose Shorts.

What I am getting tired of is concussions. You could name 50 silver linings and I will just think about Dwayne Gratz.

Gratz and Shorts injured but Bortles didn't get carted off the field..

Quote:Gratz and Shorts injured but Bortles didn't get carted off the field..

Gratz and Shorts did not need carts either, although Gratz needed help staying on his feet.

Bortles can avoid injuries by running away from pressure. I only remember two sacks.

That fan they let play TE got a touchdown. That was pretty cool

Quote:That fan they let play TE got a touchdown. That was pretty cool

What fan? Nic Jacobs is a real TE. Nice to see him score the passing touchdown today.

Yeah, I'm tired of them too.  Just thought I'd do something counter to the 17 bashing threads that appeared today.  

It's really tough watching this team display ineptitude at multiple positions.   I just have to keep reminding myself that 6 of the 11 starters on offense are 23 years old  or younger and seriously lacking experience.  

It's tougher to find reasons for optimism on defense. Everyone expected this group to be at least "mid tier" this year and they just aren't.   The opposing offenses picking apart the zone and taking advantage of every little foible by the LBs or FS is beyond "getting old."  They need to adjust this zone scheme to give these guys a chance - or make some more roster moves. Something's gotta give.  (Besides giving up TDs) 

Lots of positives I thought.

Special teams did well.

Protected the football - no fumbles, right?

Run D did pretty well, mostly beaten by screens.

A. Rob A+, D. Rob also very good.

Hurns made an NFL level-up type focus catch.. GREAT JOB!!

TE did step-up work, A..

D-line got at least some pressure.

Todman, nice job.

BB made us feel like we had a chance.

No fun to lose, but I'll take this group over what we've had for the last 5 years.

Boo to Bradley for the 1st Q 4th down play..

What were you watching when Toby Gerhart fumbled during the first quarter?

How are two interceptions "protecting the football"?

San Diego won the turnover battle today.

Exactly. I'm not even excited about the quarterback right now. Apathy is setting in with me and this team. I've been watching them lose for years on top of years and now it's old man. This team is by far the worst team in the league and has been at that status for over half a decade. My last straw going to the games was when we played against the Eagles with Mike Vick and got destroyed. I sat in the rain looking at that crap and said I was done until they improved. Now I don't even want to watch them on tv. I'm not a football pain freak like some others around here.

Quote:I liked what I saw from Bryant/Marks. I think Marks could have done even more but he looked like he was being held on half the plays.

I was honestly starting to think I was the only one that noticed SD getting away with blatant holds every other play. I know some holds will be missed, but seriously.

Quote:What I am getting tired of is concussions. You could name 50 silver linings and I will just think about Dwayne Gratz.

Have you considered praying for him?