Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's time to question coaching

Quote:I'm with you we do have to get some guys in here the problem the elite players like Aaron Rodgers, JJ Watt, earl Thomas get drafted. We have to draft good in that process to be a consistent contender.

Occasionally

younger good to elite players make it to FA, when that happens this team needs to pounce, at least make an effort to acquire such talent. Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie, Aqib Talib, Michael Johnson etc…are the type of guys I'm talking about. This team has so much cap space, and doesn’t have any players on its roster that requires committing large sums of money to.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Just watched the highlight. It's not the best view, but it looks like Evans is playing single-high, with Ball, Blackmon, and MCray all playing man on the WRs, and Cyprien vs. Gates (also man). Cyprien tries to bump Gates, and misses badly. The other two CBs seem to do OK. But with Cyprien beat, Josh had to pick up Gates, leaving all of our CBs on their own.

I rather give up a 15 yard gain on this to Gates on a Cover 2 look than get beat for a TD.

Looking at the highlight Cyprien does totally miss the jam, but it also looks like Evans was looking only at Gates and never concerned with the guys out wide the whole time and would have been badly beaten no matter if Cyprien had succeeded jamming Gates or not.

Quote:What team has gone through a complete rebuild and was good 20 games later.

Who said we need to be good? Who has demanded us to be good? We want to be in some games. We don't expect to allow 40 points/game.

Once again, you are arguing against a position that nobody here has. Nobody is upset that we are not good. We are upset because we are the worst team I have ever seen.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Looking at the highlight Cyprien does totally miss the jam, but it also looks like Evans was looking only at Gates and never concerned with the guys out wide the whole time and would have been badly beaten no matter if Cyprien had succeeded jamming Gates or not.

Its possible, though we don't know for sure who his responsibilities are. The point is, at this point I rather play a conservative defensive scheme and get dink-dunk to death than keep trying to play this super-aggressive single-high safety scheme and end up getting burned like we've been getting burned.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014, 12:40 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:Who said we need to be good? Who has demanded us to be good? We want to be in some games. We don't expect to allow 40 points/game.

Once again, you are arguing against a position that nobody here has. Nobody is upset that we are not good. We are upset because we are the worst team I have ever seen.
Unfortunately you have to be good to compete. Should we have been able to compete against the eagles who almost beat the niners? What about the chargers. We should have kept that game close?

I think we have two different concepts of where this team needs to be to compete. You have to have players and a solid roster to compete and our is not there yet.

I'm upset this team sucks too but I realized this was not gonna get fixed very fast. It's just too many holes. You can have your expectations but you have to see the reality of the situation. That's what I'm seeing. The reality is the team isn't that good yet to compete on a consistent basis.

I think when we play Miami and the browns we will compete but they are just as bad as us.

Quote:Who said we need to be good? Who has demanded us to be good? We want to be in some games. We don't expect to allow 40 points/game.

News flash we have been the worst team for some time now. There is a new regime in place. Hopefully they make changes.

Quote:I think they need to look at what worked in the first half, and keep doing that.  And then look at what happened in the second half, and stop doing that.
That reminds me of "Better off Dead."

"Go that way, really fast.  If something gets in your way...turn."  Laughing

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Occasionally

younger good to elite players make it to FA, when that happens this team needs to pounce, at least make an effort to acquire such talent. Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie, Aqib Talib, Michael Johnson etc…are the type of guys I'm talking about. This team has so much cap space, and doesn’t have any players on its roster that requires committing large sums of money to.

Those guys are solid but none of them are Watt caliber players. That's my point. We need that guy to really have a chance. We have to draft him

Quote:Its possible, though we don't know for sure who his responsibilities are. The point is, at this point I rather play a conservative defensive scheme and get dink-dunk to death than keep trying to play this super-aggressive single-high safety scheme and end up getting burned like we've been getting burned.

I don't think you can call our scheme "aggressive" when we rush only 4 consistently.  we rarely blitz.

Quote:That reminds me of "Better off Dead."

"Go that way, really fast.  If something gets in your way...turn."  Laughing

[Image: 35728002.jpg]

Quote:Those guys are solid but none of them are Watt caliber players. That's my point. We need that guy to really have a chance. We have to draft him

JJ Watt is a once in a generation player, we'd be lucky to ever draft a guy that good haha, I do understand your point though.

Quote:News flash we have been the worst team for some time now. There is a new regime in place. Hopefully they make changes.

Newsflash they made changes. Tons of changes. 2 draft classes and 2 free agency periods. They built this team. It's young, yes, but they are directly responsible for this roster.

Why couldn't we keep it close against the Redskins who finished worse than us last year?
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Bring back Del Rio at least he won some games. :woot:

Quote:Kelvin Taylor.  I mean, come on.  He's just been average to below average in the SEC.  He's much like most of our current roster, 'just a guy' so maybe he would fit right in.

I didn't know that. Like I said, I don't follow college. Last I heard was before UF & he was a record breaking machine. I know there were high hopes for him back then. That's too bad though. Would've loved it if he was like his dad, even if he ended up elsewhere. Like you said though, he'd fit in right here perfectly as he is lol.

Quote:I didn't know that. Like I said, I don't follow college. Last I heard was before UF & he was a record breaking machine. I know there were high hopes for him back then. That's too bad though. Would've loved it if he was like his dad, even if he ended up elsewhere. Like you said though, he'd fit in right here perfectly as he is lol.

His dad was bigger, faster, and much quicker.... But that's true about most running backs that compare themselves to Fred.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014, 12:45 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:Newsflash they made changes. Tons of changes. 2 draft classes and 2 free agency periods. They built this team. It's young, yes, but they are directly responsible for this roster.

Why couldn't we keep it close against the Redskins who finished worse than us last year?
Look at their roster then look at ours. That's why we lost to them. to me two years is not enough time to acquire talent. That is the reality. My expectations have nothing to do with that

You on my get 1 first round pick a year. How can you acquire a develop that fast? We just drafted Blake this year. He has to develop. Gratz and cyp came last year. No way they are all pros 4 games into there second year.

This process takes time. We have a 6th round rookie center starting. Where was the jar on the shelf for this position?

Quote:Look at their roster then look at ours. That's why we lost to them. to me two years is not enough time to acquire talent. That is the reality. My expectations have nothing to do with that

Ok you tell me who is responsible for acquiring talent.

Next, you tell me how long they need to field a team that doesn't get blown out in 4 straight games.

Tell me when we should expect to be in the playoffs.

Tell me how long it takes for our defense to be "average" ie ranked somewhere in the middle 3rd in yards and points allowed.

Tell me when our offense will be ranked somewher in the middle in yards and points scored?

Tell me when we should get 8 wins and a meager .500 record?

Quote: Gratz and cyp came last year. No way they are all pros 4 games into there second year.

?
You are getting annoying. Who in the hell has expected them to be all pros by now? NOBODY.

So stop having this argument against a position that doesn't exist.

You can expect Gratz, a 3rd round corner in his 2nd year, to be an average starter. So far, he looks like one of the worst CBs in the league.

WHO demands all pro???

But I demand COMPENTENT play for a 2nd year CB that was drafted high in the 3rd round.

Quote:Unfortunately you have to be good to compete. Should we have been able to compete against the eagles who almost beat the niners? What about the chargers. We should have kept that game close?

I think we have two different concepts of where this team needs to be to compete. You have to have players and a solid roster to compete and our is not there yet.

I'm upset this team sucks too but I realized this was not gonna get fixed very fast. It's just too many holes. You can have your expectations but you have to see the reality of the situation. That's what I'm seeing. The reality is the team isn't that good yet to compete on a consistent basis.

I think when we play Miami and the browns we will compete but they are just as bad as us.

Bad teams don't get blown out 4 straight games like we did.  HISTORICALLY BAD teams do.  Even the freaking Browns for the last decade and the 0-16 Lions were never this bad.  That's not just "not good", it's downright pathetic.

Heck, it would be amazing if we could just not get blown out.  My definition for compete is to not looks like a 1-AA team playing Alabama.  I'd kill to be the Browns right now. 

One of these years.............

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014, 01:00 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:Ok you tell me who is responsible for acquiring talent.

Next, you tell me how long they need to field a team that doesn't get blown out in 4 straight games.

Tell me when we should expect to be in the playoffs.

Tell me how long it takes for our defense to be "average" ie ranked somewhere in the middle 3rd in yards and points allowed.

Tell me when our offense will be ranked somewher in the middle in yards and points scored?

Tell me when we should get 8 wins and a meager .500 record?
Yeah you just keep your opinion and I'll keep mine this is getting irratating. We have rookie and second year players on this team sucks. Caldwell buoy what we have but it is still in progress. I guess I understand this isn't the finished product.

I knew this would be a 3-4 year job at minimum. If you expected more in year two then you made that mistake on your own. Any person who knows football and follows the league, not just the jags, know players take time to develop. You can't draft everybody in you draft. You can't sign every body in one off season. Time has to go by to acquire a respectable amount of talent. Two off seasons just installed enought time.

If you don't believe that then we two different philosphies on the fundementals of building a team. We will never agree on this. All I can say is just wait and see. Maybe Khan will fire Gus and Caldwell if we win 3 games and we start over with a new GM and HC.