Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's time to question coaching

If the team does not shown any progress between now and the end of the year, Gus needs to be gone.

I'm tired about hearing how young the team is or how it was a big rebuild.

The team can't get basics right.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's the highest paid cheerleader in the world.  And he can't even pronounce the word, Jaguars.

Nice man, but absolutely was NOT ready for this responsibility and position.  

I realize I'm in the minority, but I think that Khan is a terrible owner.  He does not know how to hire people in football.  Hiring TWO rookies, a rookie HC and a rookie GM was a recipe for failure.

The pool is about twice as big as a baby pool and the scoreboards are just that, scoreboards.  Whoop-de-do.

Quote:I think they need to look at what worked in the first half, and keep doing that. And then look at what happened in the second half, and stop doing that.

It's simple we stopped going down field and kept doing screens. I just don't get it.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:He's the highest paid cheerleader in the world.  And he can't even pronounce the word, Jaguars.

Nice man, but absolutely was NOT ready for this responsibility and position.  

I realize I'm in the minority, but I think that Khan is a terrible owner.  He does not know how to hire people in football.  Hiring TWO rookies, a rookie HC and a rookie GM was a recipe for failure.

The pool is about twice as big as a baby pool and the scoreboards are just that, scoreboards.  Whoop-de-do.

TROLLOLOL

I'm not trolling and down in your vapid, idiot Jaguar fan heart, you know that what I typed is the honest truth.

Quote:I think they need to look at what worked in the first half, and keep doing that. And then look at what happened in the second half, and stop doing that.

What's more concerning is that what we did in the first half worked.... SO WHY DIDNT WE KEEP DOING IT IN THE 2ND HALF? Throws downfield were clearly working, so why all the screens and hitches?

I think that it is fair to question coaching.  I have and I stand by it.  At the same time, when you look at our secondary you're talking about COACHING an undrafted guy in Winston Guy a 6th round pick in Josh Evans, a 7th round pick in Jeremy Harris,a 3rd round pick in Dewayne Gratz a journeyman in Alan Ball and a journeyman in Will Blackmon.  It's not an excuse for recievers running wide open, but its probably got a lot to do about it.  The only person that the regime has banged on the table for, Cyprien, actually played really well against Antonio Gates.  The hard part to swallow is that this teams ZONE coverage is so so soft.  If you get mossed by a better receiver then that's one thing, but eddie royal is probably somewhere in the locker room giggling that they let a lb try and cover him!

We started playing the short game and, surprise, the running game died.

Quote:I'm not trolling and down in your vapid, idiot Jaguar fan heart, you know that what I typed is the honest truth.

Are you done posting about "Shahid" moving the team to London?

We always blame coaches. Never gets us anywhere. We have the youngest team! This is what it's like.

If we end up winning fewer than 4 games this year, i can guarantee that heads will roll.... Not sure who it'll be, but there will be major coaching changes.

Quote:We always blame coaches. Never gets us anywhere. We have the youngest team! This is what it's like.

We don't have the youngest team.

Losses suck, but these arent just losses, they're an embarrassment. According to nbc, we have allowed the most points through 4 games since the 1961 raiders

Quote:Can someone explain how the guy who actually calls the defense escapes the boards wrath but the OC and Head Coach get crucified, yeah I get Bradley came from Seattle and his defense there was very good but again he doesn't call the plays on defense, and IIRC a Chicago fan came on here when we first hired Babich and said that it was a bad hire then
That may be very true but at what point does the head coach step in and make a change or take over play calling which he can as an ex defensive coach?

Compare our back 7 defensive roster to the other 31 teams in the league and I'll bet you'll hard pressed to find more than 3 Jags who you'll pick over the other teams.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Compare our back 7 defensive roster to the other 31 teams in the league and I'll bet you'll hard pressed to find more than 3 Jags who you'll pick over the other teams.
3 is a lofty number
A good loser is a good loser

Quote:We always blame coaches. Never gets us anywhere. We have the youngest team! This is what it's like.

The averages aren't huge between the youngest team and the oldest team. Only 2 years. Also, the younger team, and the teams around our same age, are much, much better. Age isn't an excuse and it never should be.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 08:03 PM by Shack Del Rio.)

Quote:The averages aren't huge between the youngest team and the oldest team. Only 2 years. Also, the younger team, and the teams around our same age, are much, much better. Age isn't an excuse and it never should be.

The Vikings are nearly as young as us. Have a rookie QB, had a rookie at RB and beat Atlanta to get to 2-2.

We are young and terrible.

It certainly time to look at coaching. These kittens arent even playing the fundamentals , line up offsides? poor tackling? long plays against, for every game so far? 

How many 3rd downs did SD get?  

Just unacceptable, and I'm tired of the same old cliches. Circle the wagons. Play for each other. We gotta look at ourselves. Blah blah blah

Why does it seem FAs that come here actually do use it as a vacation? Hood, Bryant,Clemons??? When I saw we signed those guys, I thought, ok, this D can be one of the best. 

There needs some [BLEEP] kicking. Gus benching some guys to "shake things up" didnt do squat. 

The new state of the art locker room, weight room and other facilities were like putting Rolls Royce seats in a 10 year old Kia Sportage. a WASTE.

Quote:I think that it is fair to question coaching.  I have and I stand by it.  At the same time, when you look at our secondary you're talking about COACHING an undrafted guy in Winston Guy a 6th round pick in Josh Evans, a 7th round pick in Jeremy Harris,a 3rd round pick in Dewayne Gratz a journeyman in Alan Ball and a journeyman in Will Blackmon.  It's not an excuse for recievers running wide open, but its probably got a lot to do about it.  The only person that the regime has banged on the table for, Cyprien, actually played really well against Antonio Gates.  The hard part to swallow is that this teams ZONE coverage is so so soft.  If you get mossed by a better receiver then that's one thing, but eddie royal is probably somewhere in the locker room giggling that they let a lb try and cover him!
I thought at the end of last year our secondary was playing much better, and was playing more man to man and lining up right on the line of scrimmage. correct me if I am wrong. This year the zone play is like Swiss cheese with all the holes that leads to open receivers.