Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's time to question coaching

Quote:The Vikings are nearly as young as us. Have a rookie QB, had a rookie at RB and beat Atlanta to get to 2-2.

We are young and terrible.
And check what the Bucs did. 

Maybe its a thing called heart

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Don Shula would adjust his schemes (both offensive and defensive) to match the talent he had on his roster.  Food for thought.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

It's too bad I really like Gus but that play calling..... Where's Dirk Koeter???

Then we need to adjust better, becauss it isnt working

Quote:Gus: "we need to concentrate on doing what we do well".

Fisch proceeds to completely change up the second half play calling. Short passes and predictable runs on 3rd/4th and short.
I personally see nothing in Toby. He's OK on a 3rd & short etc. but I don't care for him. I feel like QB sneaks were better options than he on some of those crucial plays today. Anyone keeping up with Kelvin T at UF? Is he playing remotely as well as his father did? I don't watch college & haven't googled his play in a while and never watched him since he's been at UF. I'd LOVE to see him here if he's NFL caliber, once and if he enters the draft.

Who else did we interview for the HC job? Just curious.

Ehh the team just isn't packed with good players. That's really it.  I know people are tired of hearing that and think 2 years should be enough time to build the niners defense but reality it's not. They didn't have any dominate players to build around and are in the process of finding them. If you don't want to wait any longer, then thats fine and totally understandable. But if you want true insight to why the defense is bad and the offense is spurting at times, that's why. Enough time just has not passed yet. 

The team is the same but given a closer look, the people running it are different and should be given a chance just like the previous regimes. 

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 08:22 PM by Shack Del Rio.)

Quote:Who else did we interview for the HC job? Just curious.

I don't remember the exact names but I know Greg Roman was a popular name.

I almost wonder if things don't turn around, if Bradley gets the axe and Caldwell calls his old buddy Roman.

Ehh not sure another coaching change will fix things. Bortles will save the coaches

Quote:I don't remember the exact names but I know Greg Roman was a popular name.

I almost wonder if things don't turn around, if Bradley gets the axe and Caldwell calls his old buddy Roman.

Not likely...

Quote:He's the highest paid cheerleader in the world. And he can't even pronounce the word, Jaguars.

Nice man, but absolutely was NOT ready for this responsibility and position.

I realize I'm in the minority, but I think that Khan is a terrible owner. He does not know how to hire people in football. Hiring TWO rookies, a rookie HC and a rookie GM was a recipe for failure.

The pool is about twice as big as a baby pool and the scoreboards are just that, scoreboards. Whoop-de-do.

Khan was a rookie too. I think Caldwell is still a good higher, but I have serious doubts about Gus, Fisch, and babich. They have shown squat. They cannot prepare this team, we are constantly blown out, the play calling is horrendous, and finally game management is something I could accomplish. We might be looking at a new head coach by the end of the year. It would be moronic to keep them if the rest of the season continues down this path.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

To be honest I don't believe Caldwell and Bradley wouldn't have take these jobs had they known they wouldn't be given proper time to acquire talent and develop. This team was trash when this staff got here. Any other opinion about this rosters makeup would be asinine. 

Quote:I personally see nothing in Toby. He's OK on a 3rd & short etc. but I don't care for him. I feel like QB sneaks were better options than he on some of those crucial plays today. Anyone keeping up with Kelvin T at UF? Is he playing remotely as well as his father did? I don't watch college & haven't googled his play in a while and never watched him since he's been at UF. I'd LOVE to see him here if he's NFL caliber, once and if he enters the draft.

Please tell me that you are kidding.  

The biggest question I have with the coaching is the halftime adjustments.

The Jags adjustments either don't work or they don't make any, while the opposing team seems to make them and just shot down the Jags in the 2nd half.

This falls on Gus as the head coach of the Jags.

In order to be a successful team, the coach has to be able to make adjustments to either slow or shutdown what the opposing team is doing right and find something to exploit in the other team on both offense and defense.

So far in his head coaching career with the Jags, I haven't seen the Jags make any adjustments in the 2nd half where the Jags can take advantage of the opposing team on either offense or defense.

I know the Jags have had limited talent on offense, but still, there must be something they can do successfully.

Why is that?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 08:43 PM by The_Anchorman.)

FBT's thread regarding DD is ringing more and more true.

The coaching staff is blaming the players for things the coaching staff should be responsible for.  

It's pretty simple stuff if you ask me.  I think the the GM has done a pretty good job of acquiring talent.  I think the coaches are doing pretty good job of botching the whole thing.

It's not even just Fish anymore that I'm worried about.  But it is mainly him that I think will ruin this franchise if they keep him on beyond this year.  He's an attrocious OC for the type of QB BB5 has the potential of becoming...

Quote:FBT's thread regarding DD is ringing more and more true.

The coaching staff is blaming the players for things the coaching staff should be responsible for.  

It's pretty simple stuff if you ask me.  I the the GM has done a pretty good job of acquiring talent.  I think the coaches are doing pretty good job of bothing the whole thing.

It's not even just Fish anymore that I'm worried about.  But it is mainly him that I think will ruin this franchise if they keep him on beyond this year.  He's an attrocious OC for the type of QB BB5 has the potential of becoming...
So today do you think it was a case of poor coaching or a better team beat us? I agree the team could possibly be better prepared but I'm not certain we have enough talent just yet on the defensive side of the to think it isn't poor play. 

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 08:48 PM by Achilles.)

I like Gus, and I think a lot of the game is players not plays.

but why change our strategy after halftime like that?

ive voiced my opinion about the offensive playcalling in other threads. not smart at this point.

I didnt think gus would be on the hot seat, i still dont think he is, but i think the seat is starting to heat up. if we dont get competitive against the steelers, i think he might start feeling some heat.

also important to note: who is out there that would even be a potential candidate to come in during mid rebuild and  right this ship, if that were to happen?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:So today do you think it was a case of poor coaching or a better team beat us? I agree the team could possibly be better prepared but I'm not certain we have enough talent just yet on the defensive side of the to think it isn't poor play. 

Honestly, a couple offensive calls here or there, and the game could have been in our grasp.  Yes, you're right, the Chargers are a better team in certain respects, primarily on offense...  But this game wasn't out of our grasp...  

Our D is pretty bad, but we held up on occassion...  What kills me is that there are sequences on offense where I'm wondering what the OC is even watching...  And there are times where I think we play a Base D that is comfortable allowing the QB to hang out and pick where to exploit our secondary.

I just don't think the coaches even understand the concept of what it means to put your players in the best position to utilize their strengths...  Besides the Raiders, it seems that every other franchise has pretty much figured that out...

Quote:I like Gus, and I think a lot of the game is players not plays.

but why change our strategy after halftime like that?

ive voiced my opinion about the offensive playcalling in other threads. not smart at this point.

I didnt think gus would be on the hot seat, i still dont think he is, but i think the seat is starting to heat up. if we dont get competitive against the steelers, i think he might start feeling some heat.

also important to note: who is out there that would even be a potential candidate to come in during mid rebuild and get right this ship?

I like Gus too.  Doesn't mean I think he's the best coach for the job...

Mid rebuild is the best time to get a new coach...  The GM seems to know some things...  The coaching staff is kinda inept...

Quote:To be honest I don't believe Caldwell and Bradley wouldn't have take these jobs had they known they wouldn't be given proper time to acquire talent and develop. This team was trash when this staff got here. Any other opinion about this rosters makeup would be asinine. 

thats something we all need to keep in mind. even though its year 2, the roster when they took over was abysmal and 2 years isnt going to cut it to fix it. i think unless this season just goes way worse than anyone imagined, he should be given that third year.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."