Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I don't think Henne was the problem with our defence

..they just bad, there's a consistent lapse in concentration which causes us to give up like 4/5 big plays per game, all our sacks seems to be coming from the fact that the other teams offense forgets we have a pass rush and just slacks off.

This was meant to be our strength coming through the season but we just don't have that premier defensive player to raise everyone else up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 07:21 PM by KL1gus.)

Besides the DT, Cyp and Red Bryant, the Jags do not have good players on defense. Young players need to develop (looking at you Telvin), and Caldwell need to bring in more playmakers.

Scheme wise I liked that Bradley changed his usual cover 3. The D looked a bit better.

Henne doesn't even play defense, or defence for our euro pals.

Someone please stop the madness.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Henne doesn't even play defense, or defence for our euro pals.

I'm talking in reference to the previous comment of the last 3 weeks of Hennes inability to keep our offence on the field and thus giving our defence too much time on the pitch as the reason for our defences bad play.

Quote:I'm talking in reference to the previous comment of the last 3 weeks of Hennes inability to keep our offence on the field and thus giving our defence too much time on the pitch as the reason for our defences bad play.
Stop listening to morons then.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:..they just bad, there's a consistent lapse in concentration which causes us to give up like 4/5 big plays per game, all our sacks seems to be coming from the fact that the other teams offense forgets we have a pass rush and just slacks off.

This was meant to be our strength coming through the season but we just don't have that premier defensive player to raise everyone else up.
Henne wasn't 'the' problem with our defense, but he did contribute to it.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:Henne doesn't even play defense, or defence for our euro pals.

We were told that Bortles would inspire better play from all. Maybe that's time released inspiration for the defense?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Lol there was a huge difference this week versus last week. The defense got torched by one of the hottest Qbs in the league right now.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:We were told that Bortles would inspire better play from all. Maybe that's time released inspiration for the defense?
You mean the morons lied to us? How can that be?

That means the cerebral challenged will move onto their next whim, and that will fix everything, right?

It's the constant blown coverages that drive me crazy.   I can think of at least 3 TDs that were obvious blown coverages where defensive backs got confused and covered the wrong guy.   And I'm sure there were a multitude of others.   It's maddening.   What the hell are we doing with Geno Hayes covering a WR?   Why would Winston Guy bite on that double move and leave a WR wide open?  Oh yeah, it's Winston Guy.  Never mind.   And then I think it was the first TD where one of the DBs left his man to double cover a guy in the flat and the Josh Evans had two wide open WRs coming down the field at him. 

It's getting to the point where we would be better off just getting some DBs who understand their assignments regardless of inherent physical talent. 

And Winston Guy?   I give up.   What is his function on this team, anyway? 

Quote:You mean the morons lied to us? How can that be?

That means the cerebral challenged will move onto their next whim, and that will fix everything, right?

They're already scrambling for the new scapegoat.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 08:01 PM by Dockerill91.)

Quote:You mean the morons lied to us? How can that be?

It's ironic when you insult peoples intelligence and then put 'cerebral challenged' as opposed to cerebrally challenged which is the correct terminology....people in glass houses...

Quote:We were told that Bortles would inspire better play from all. Maybe that's time released inspiration for the defense?

I actually think the team did play better, overall...  Did I miss something?

Do people think the game would have been similar with Henne on the field?

Quote:They're already scrambling for the new scapegoat.
Yes they are. Just like they said the coaching staff wasn't waiting until bad play from Henne in order to put Blake in. Let me grab my popcorn.

Quote:I actually think the team did play better, overall...  Did I miss something?

I thought the same thing. I don't get what those two are trying to prove.

Bortles moved the ball and kept the defense off the field.  When they were on the field they let favorable 3rd and long situations get out of hand.  That is a direct indication that the defense needs work, especially against a talented offense.

Did you not see good things from Blake today?  Honestly it is almost like you want to be so right that it is okay the team is failing.  Fans get crazy and passionate and aren't always rationale.  There is no denying this team has so much work to do.  But you are blind if you don't see that Bortles plays better than any other quarterback we have had for more than a decade.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Do people think the game would have been similar with Henne on the field?
Yep. A loss

Quote:I thought the same thing. I don't get what those two are trying to prove.

They're just trying to find members of the Jungle to latch on to as the new "trolls"...  Honestly, that's what I think is happening...

The NFL is setup for teams that are bad to get better by draft and first up on people let go. We consistently are bad no matter what happens. I am beside myself on trying to figure this out. I really liked all the Free Agents brought in but Gerhard. The draft was excellent to. What is left??

I think we all know.

Being young by the way is not an excuse. All other teams with youthful teams show spurts in which they can be good.