Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"Bortles Kombat"

CSIII has deemed BB5 as "Bortles Kombat". As we know CSIII trained w/Bortles Kombat even before Anyone thought of us drafting him... So they Say...

We've been been waiting for a fellow team mate to tag Bortles w/an nickname...

Should "Bortles Kombat" stick or should it be ditched?

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm not a big fan of that one.

I'm not either...

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

It's my favorite. I like it way more than "B2 Bomber." That one is really dumb IMO
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

For me it is performance based - if he wins a game or throws for 300+ with 1 or less INTs I will call him whatever he or anyone else wants....

Quote:It's my favorite. I like it way more than "B2 Bomber." That one is really dumb IMO
I haven't seen any that sounded good to me TBH.

Although someone posted one I thought was pretty funny. Something along the lines of "Touchdown mutant ninja bortles". I did get a kick out of that one.

Players don't need nicknames. If he gets one, I say let it happen naturally.

Quote:It's my favorite. I like it way more than "B2 Bomber." That one is really dumb IMO

BB5 is more fitting as My Opinion for obvious reasonings. I too like B-2 Bomber, but CSIII has deemed Bortles as Bortles Kombat for some reason I feel that it'll stick...

NH3...
"AZANE"

What's Tom Brady's nickname? Or Peyton Manning's? I think it should be something similar to their nicknames.....

10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

It's corny

Quote:What's Tom Brady's nickname? Or Peyton Manning's? I think it should be something similar to their nicknames.....
I think it would be silly to call blake "Tom"

But, I'm with you.

Let me hear some of the other QB's nicknames and see what they are like and how they fit the QB.

I wonder if he already had any kind of nickname before he got to the Jags? Maybe? No?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Let's call him blake football. At least just for the week they play Cleveland.

Peyton Manning is "The Sheriff"

Blake should be "The Deputy" until Manning retires and he can take over the NFL
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Bortles Kombat is awful
;

;

Anything other than Superbowl MVP just doesn't interest me all that much.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

In all honesty? I don't care if he's got a nickname or not.. If he's got one? Cool.. If not, no biggie.. Would rather him play like a champion.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Bortlejuice is the best.

Why would anyone want to call him Bortles Kombat? I refuse too

I don't know why some people get so uptight about a nickname anyway.. Give the kid a nickname, who cares.. It's not going to affect his performance any. And honestly, if it excites the youngsters that much to give a player a (positive) nickname, embrace it.. Hasn't been an awful lot to be excited about with this team for a long time now.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

One day I hope to call him Super Bowl MVP.

Catchy, huh?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]