Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A healthy Storm Johnson impresses Gus

I think Gerhart will do well with Bortles under center. We already saw that last Sunday. Was not impressed with Johnson during the preseason, but hey, if things keep going the way they are, give him a chance and see what he can do and what we have.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't care who starts because the future of this position is in college.

Quote:I don't care who starts because the future of this position is in college.

*cough* Todd Gurley *cough*
Signature goes here.

You guys really think we're going to draft a 1st or even 2nd round RB? This team has too many holes for that
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:You guys really think we're going to draft a 1st or even 2nd round RB? This team has too many holes for that

Agreed. We are a year away from that. *cough Derrick Henry cough*

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2014, 07:57 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:You guys really think we're going to draft a 1st or even 2nd round RB? This team has too many holes for that
agreed, *cough Kelvin Taylor cough* next year

First round pick needs to definitely address a more important position, so I agree.  Really good starting RBs can easily be had in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2014, 08:55 AM by Cleatwood.)

I really want Knile Davis. If we could somehow let Toby go and get this guy, I would love it.

The real problem here is why in the world did we let Jennings go? He would be killing it for us right now.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2014, 08:55 AM by imtheblkranger.)

Let's see what Toby can do without a stacked box and with some improved oline play before we go declaring him a bust. Very few 2nd tier rbs can do much in the situation we have.

He's not a Taylor, MJD, AP, Mcoy etc type of talent. Which is what we would need to have any running attack the past few weeks.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:First round pick needs to definitely address a more important position, so I agree.  Really good starting RBs can easily be had in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Yep, very few RBs are worthy of being a 1st rd high pick, esp where the Jags will be picking next year, and there isn't one in the next draft either.

No way the Jags spend their #1 pick next year on a RB. No way.

You can find productive RBs later in the draft.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I'm watching the Giants game right now and I wish we would've hung on to Rashad Jennings
I understand where you're coming from, but Jennings did n o t h i n g for us when he was here...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:Is storm even active on gameday?

He will be this week.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

At this point, I'm under the impression that Gus seems pretty easy to impress....

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

he lacks vision

Quote:agreed, *cough Kelvin Taylor cough* next year

I love kelvin mostly because of his dad, but he isn't even the best RB on the Gators' roster right now

If you can get him in the 3rd or 4th round sure. I would never spend anything higher on a runningback.

Quote:I'm watching the Giants game right now and I wish we would've hung on to Rashad Jennings

Why?  You like one dimensional guys who need adequate blocking to be successful?  We have that already.  We just don't have a good blocking line right now.

I was surprised he made the 53 - I thought he was destined for the PS. Can't say I know much about him. Is he a decent blocker? That would definitely help get him more playing time.

Quote:I think Gerhart will do well with Bortles under center. We already saw that last Sunday. Was not impressed with Johnson during the preseason, but hey, if things keep going the way they are, give him a chance and see what he can do and what we have.  

There were a lot of dynamics at work last week, especially in the second half.  I agree with you that Gerhart may improve with Bortles in the lineup, but the running game probably benefited the most last week due to Indy's defense backing off with the big lead late.  As a whole though we need more speed at the position.  I thought Gerhart was faster than he's showing us and D-Rob has been pretty impressive. I'd like to see him get more attempts.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:*cough* Todd Gurley *cough*

Melvin Gordon, TJ Yates, there are so many good backs in college that will drop into the 3rd round.