Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A healthy Storm Johnson impresses Gus

Quote:Melvin Gordon, TJ Yates, there are so many good backs in college that will drop into the 3rd round.

Yes on Gordon, no on Yeldon.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm still holding out hope for a Storm/D-Rob tandem to become the two-headed running attack next year, with Todman relegated to kick returns and occasional change-of-pace duty, and Amelia Gerhart relegated to short-yardage at most, ideally relegated to another team.

Quote:I'm still holding out hope for a Storm/D-Rob tandem to become the two-headed running attack next year, with Todman relegated to kick returns and occasional change-of-pace duty, and Amelia Gerhart relegated to short-yardage at most, ideally relegated to another team.

Amelia Gerhart.  I see what you did there.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:At this point, I'm under the impression that Gus seems pretty easy to impress....

He said he was impressed with gabbert at times last year so...

Unless he is going to play special teams like Todman and Robinson, he is not going to be active.

Quote:Unless he is going to play special teams like Todman and Robinson, he is not going to be active.

He can return kicks.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 11:17 AM by NH3.)

Quote:Ok. They don't never have to play him and let him rot on the bench for all I care. I said he's the best on the team and that's what I think. Won't get me to believe a guy who isn't a natural rb and still learning the position is better than one who's done it at a high level in college. Say what you want to say but it won't change that fact.
D-Rob isn't a natural RB, BUT he's a natural runner w/serious instincts/vision that runs a 4.32-40 to say the least. If Storm were better suited then he'd be further up the depth chart....

NH3...
"AZANE"

Gus could make a 30 point halftime deficit sound impressive.  He's good to listen to from a personality standpoint but his words really don't carry any substance.  He was just on last week talking about how he was impressed by our OL.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 11:54 AM by Atreas.)

Running game what a theory, to behold on. Storm cant even break without falling over there feet. Toby cant even break thru the line and too slow to go wide. 2

You can say look at the OL, that's not making any holes, well I remember mojo making plays. But I will give them a pass till I see what happens in this game today with Bortles leading the team.

Go jags this is your chance to make a statement. Banana

Is it just me or does he look slimmer than he did in the preseason. Nothing he did in preseason impressed me but today he looked quicker.

You can see the natural RB skill set.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

0-5 competed in one game = GUS Big Grin

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Quote:Is it just me or does he look slimmer than he did in the preseason. Nothing he did in preseason impressed me but today he looked quicker.

You can see the natural RB skill set.

I thought a little trimmer also. He seemed a half step quicker too, or maybe he just knows what he's doing better now.

I think Storm was impressive today when was asked to run around the outside. Todman too.

But the problem is that none of our backs are getting success through the middle. And that's where Gerhart is being asked to run most of the time.

Looked like a different player. He needs to start.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

he got hurt after just a couple carries

#durable

Quote:he got hurt after just a couple carries

#durable

He went back in the game though.

Quote:He went back in the game though.

oh, alright.  I didn't notice

Quote:Maybe with Bortles now starting Storm can come in and get our running game going a little?  It will be interesting in the next few weeks to see who gets what number of touches carrying the rock.

[Image: Storm_Johnson_Jaguars_2.jpg]

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/uc...-post.html
I'm routing for Storm.  It makes for a great story too.

He's gotta get a lot more opportunities next week.  While our O-line isn't good at run-blocking, Gerhart is clearly not the answer.

I want the Jags to draft Gurley next year. Maybe they will get the 1st pick and be able to trade it for a load of picks to a QB needy team then use the 1st pick on Gurley. He's going to be great and as much as RB's get downplayed, the teams with great RB's are doing well. Look at the Cowboys, a team with good WR's, a good QB, and what was supposed to be a horrible D. They have a great RB and are 4-1.