Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
(For fun) Where do you see Bortles in 3 years?

I personally feel like he will end up being top 5 and bortles vs luck could be the next big qb rivalry

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I sure do hope so, would be quite the rivalry

I feel like his upside is limitless. I mean this guy does the naked bootleg where he ran into the rusher, dodged him, ran back the other way and still completed the pass downfield to the FB.

Hes been sooooo accurate on his passes too

I see him being at minimum top 7 in three years. I re-watched the game today and dudes mechanics look identical to Andrew Luck's. He has pocket presence and just a knack for making plays when there would be no play. He really just need to gain experience playing and I see him being a league leader in all passing categories. I'm sold on the guy. 

Quote:Hes been sooooo accurate on his passes too

Lots of touch too. He floated that one to the fullback...on the run...for 26 yds. FBT could have caught that pass. A thing of beauty...the pass, I mean.

London.

ZING!

Super Bowl MVP!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Super Bowl MVP!

Took my answer!

What does Batman say when he gets a concussion?   

[Image: Batman_zpse8490c9c.jpeg]

" I'M BLAKE BORTLES !!"

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Out of the league. Being traded for a conditional pick.

Quote:Out of the league. Being traded for a conditional pick.

Trade him while he has value!!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

This thread has peaked at Super Bowl MVP and has now turned downward.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:This thread has peaked at Super Bowl MVP and has now turned downward.

You're welcome.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Unfortunately, Blake Bortles' fate is in the hands of Caldwell much like Caldwell's fate is in the hands of Bortles.

If Lee, Hurns, and Robinson turn out to be hits as well as our 1st/2nd year Olinemen, Then he could go as high as top 5 QB. If most of them bust, I doubt he ever reaches top 10.

I would love to see him at the top of the rankings. A nice feud with Luck would be awesome(hopefully we are on the winning side of said feud) but we shall see...

Quote:Lots of touch too. He floated that one to the fullback...on the run...for 26 yds. FBT could have caught that pass. A thing of beauty...the pass, I mean.
fbt is a stud

A nice Brady vs. Manning like rivalry would be great and fun to watch for years to come. Hope he's a pro-bowl, all-pro level QB and Hurns, Lee, and Robinson all turn out to be great receivers. 

Quote:I see him being at minimum top 7 in three years. I re-watched the game today and dudes mechanics look identical to Andrew Luck's. He has pocket presence and just a knack for making plays when there would be no play. He really just need to gain experience playing and I see him being a league leader in all passing categories. I'm sold on the guy. 

I feel like top 7 is about right in three years too.   I haven't compared the mechanics to anyone really - and I think Blake's mechanics are still a work in progress and may evolve as he grows into the coaching. The progress thus far is already impressive. The feet aren't perfect but much, much better than the college cut-ups I saw. I love the natural quick release and lack of big wind-up.  (even when he does 'wind-up' it's half of Leftwich's motion and he's shown the ability to "flick" it without any wind-up at times.)

The innate pocket presence and play-extending ability are the most exciting elements of his game to me as they are rarely this apparent in QBs his age.  That projects well. 

I'm not there yet with "league leader" stuff you mentioned - but I hope you are right! 

In 3 years i have envision him as one of the young qb stars of the league and this team a perennial playoff contender. I truly believe that the days of Jacksonville being a laughingstock of the NFL and not being respected by our peers are going to be over very soon.  

[Image: giphy.gif]