Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Amari Cooper

He's been absolutely dominant against opposing defenses so far this season and is gaining steam in the Heisman talks. What are your thoughts?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He is a great talent obviously.

But they have played four pretty mediocre teams. If he keeps it up against the meat of that schedule, he will be in the conversation.

But if Larry Fitzgerald could not win the Heisman in 2003, I am not sure a receiver ever will.

Guys a stud.  Not sure about the heisman, but he'll be a star at he next level.  I'd say i'd like to see him in teal, but i see no chance of us going WR in the first round.

Quote:Guys a stud. Not sure about the heisman, but he'll be a star at he next level. I'd say i'd like to see him in teal, but i see no chance of us going WR in the first round.

I agree. Although I wish he was a bit bigger. He's listed at 6'1 so that really means he's 5'11.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

He's not overly physical. but he's freakishly fast. He reminds me a bit of Sammy Watkins.

10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:He's not overly physical. but he's freakishly fast. He reminds me a bit of Sammy Watkins.
I like the avatar.  I can't wait until Johnny Clipboard is Johnny Out of NFL.

He's a stud no doubt. However, I am not so sure he will be as good as Green, Megatron, or Julio Jones at the next level. 

Sort of amazing that he and Bridgewater were on the same high school team.

Quote:He is a great talent obviously.

But they have played four pretty mediocre teams. If he keeps it up against the meat of that schedule, he will be in the conversation.

But if Larry Fitzgerald could not win the Heisman in 2003, I am not sure a receiver ever will.

Tim Brown and Desmond Howard were WRs that won the Heisman.

It'll be rare, but I believe another WR will win the Heisman.  Not this year, though.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Tim Brown and Desmond Howard were WRs that won the Heisman.

It'll be rare, but I believe another WR will win the Heisman.  Not this year, though.

Strictly receiver. Brown and Howard were both elite returners.

Quote:He's not overly physical. but he's freakishly fast. He reminds me a bit of Sammy Watkins.

He's probably more Hopkins than Sammy. He's faster than Hopkins, but he wins at the catch point just like him.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2014, 07:59 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:Strictly receiver. Brown and Howard were both elite returners.
Given that distinction...yes, it is even more unlikely that a WR will win the Heisman.  But that wasn't specified earlier.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Didn't Marqise Lee put up similar numbers under this Kiffin system at USC?
;

;

We just need better backups. I think we are set for the next 4-5 years with Shorts, Sanders, Lee, Robinson, and Hurns. The fact that we never cut Blackmon means if he ever gets his head out of beer cans, there is still a chance he will be put back on the active roster. I see no reason for Jaguars fans to want Cooper knowing other positions are bigger needs to fix.

Quote:We just need better backups. I think we are set for the next 4-5 years with Shorts, Sanders, Lee, Robinson, and Hurns. The fact that we never cut Blackmon means if he ever gets his head out of beer cans, there is still a chance he will be put back on the active roster. I see no reason for Jaguars fans to want Cooper knowing other positions are bigger needs to fix.

I don't think anyone in this thread has mentioned that.

M. Lee did the same thing with Kippen as his coach. Was Lee a Heisman candidate that year? College football can hide talent sometimes or bring a false idea that someone is good. I believe in Coopers case  he is talented. Can he block though.

I guess thats picky. We will find out in a couple of days.

Cooper is better than Lee at pretty much everything. Less body-catching, better route-running, willing run-blocker, better short-area quickness, more willing to fight for/high-point the ball.