Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles has 10th strongest arm in NFL

Quote:Color me teal, but I honestly think we have THE best QB in the league. Okay, he has alot to prove (without the crucial aspect of avoiding injury).

Bortles is absolutely amazing. He truly does remind me of Peyton's first year, whipping darts all around the field. And he seems damn smart too (which is what truly makes Peyton great).

Like the rest of this rookie heavy team, he must learn to showcase his talent without getting hurt...that is THE key to his, and the entire team's hope for success.

eh, his style is pretty different from Peyton.  Bortles can actually run and doesn't have happy feet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2014, 02:52 PM by Raven09s.)

I saw a workout tape of Dante Culpepper a while ago.  He was on his knees and threw a ball 80 yards into a trashcan.  One of the craziest things I've seen in any QB workout.

Quote:Color me teal, but I honestly think we have THE best QB in the league. Okay, he has alot to prove (without the crucial aspect of avoiding injury).

Bortles is absolutely amazing. He truly does remind me of Peyton's first year, whipping darts all around the field. And he seems damn smart too (which is what truly makes Peyton great).

Like the rest of this rookie heavy team, he must learn to showcase his talent without getting hurt...that is THE key to his, and the entire team's hope for success.

Yep...coloring you teal.

The only thing Dante Culpepper is throwing, is cheeseburgers down his throat. He swelled up like bee sting.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Yep...coloring you teal.

Do it!! I've been a huge Bortles fan from the instant he was picked. And all he has done is exceed in every category.

IF he doesn't pull an RG3, I expect he will continue to exceed in every category.

Watch and see...then get back to me.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2014, 03:08 PM by TrueFan.)

Btw...Hurns is the best receiver we've gad since Jimmy Smith too.

Again...IF he can avoid injury as he improves.

Hurns reminds me of TO.

Jamarcu Russell had the strongest arm ever.  He can throw it from endzone to endzone.

Quote:Btw...Hurns is the best receiver we've gad since Jimmy Smith too.

Again...IF he can avoid injury as he improves.

Hurns reminds me of TO.

I hope not! While TO had ability to make plays, he'd also drop a few passes as well. I never understood the hype with that guy.

Hopefully Hurns is more consistent

Quote:Jamarcu Russell had the strongest arm ever.  He can throw it from endzone to endzone.

Seen him throw 60 from his knees.

But strong arms may be a bragging right, but of course thers far more. See Manning. Having touch is important along with accuracy. Strong arms backfire sometimes when a QB tries to fit a throw in there by slinging it.See Cutler.

But on the other side of the coin, seeing a bullet fit into a tight spot is fun to see.

I think Blake's competitiveness is what will make him special. Hes compared to Big Ben a lot. I can see that, but hopefully not the personality and attitude.

He impressed me last Sunday when being hit after he threw, he bounced up, slapped the defender on the helmet as to say nice hit, good try, it's all good. He was genuinely having fun.

Here's to hoping we finally have a QB this fan base deserves
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:I hope not! While TO had ability to make plays, he'd also drop a few passes as well. I never understood the hype with that guy.

Lol...hey, take a peak at TO's numbers. 2nd in history for receving yards, and 3rd in TD's. Hurns can only dream of such success.

Now, I was never a big fan of TO, but there is no denying his incredible playmaking ability.

Hurns has a similar build and skillset to my eyes. I was able to watch TO during training camps when he was at Philly, so got to see him up very close.

Vick flicks his wrist and the ball explodes out of hand. I've never seen anything like it.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2014, 04:11 PM by TrueFan.)

I've never really considered the arm-strength quality thing too much, preferring other aspects as more important.

Montana delivered rainbow powderpuffs, and I'd still say he deserves 'Best all-time'.

But, if I was to toss out one for strongest ever it would go to Randall Cunningham. That dude could launch it a country mile all while jumping over some poor DE on the edge.

Quote:I've never really considered the arm-strength quality thing too much, preferring other aspects as more important.

Montana delivered rainbow powderpuffs, and I'd still say he deserves 'Best all-time'.

But, if I was to toss out one for strongest ever it would go to Randall Cunningham. That dude could launch it a country mile all while jumping over some poor DE on the edge.

Montana is defintely the GOAT

Quote:I hope not! While TO had ability to make plays, he'd also drop a few passes as well. I never understood the hype with that guy.

So you wouldn't take TO because of drops? Man is gonna be a Hall of Famer.

I am convinced that Daniel Jeremiah is or will become a Jaguars fan.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:Hurns has a similar build and skillset to my eyes. I was able to watch TO during training camps when he was at Philly, so got to see him up very close.

Other than the fact that TO was 220 and Hurns is 195, sure they are very similar.   In a way.   Kind of.   They're both receivers.  

Quote:He may not be a starter, but Michael Vick still has the strongest arm I have ever seen. The ball jumps out of that guy's hand like none other.

Vick does have a cannon , but in my opinion, Brett Favre had the best arm I've ever seen.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2014, 04:48 PM by Caldrac.)

Vick has a killer arm. His arm strength and release was often overshadowed and overlooked by his scrambling ability. I'll never forget his comeback year as an Eagle though under Andy Reid. That was one of the more memorable seasons for a QB that I can recall seeing in a long time. That comeback against the Giants a few years ago was incredible. It was put on ice with Jackson's punt return at the end of the game but Vick was playing like a man possessed in that quarter.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Other than the fact that TO was 220 and Hurns is 195, sure they are very similar.   In a way.   Kind of.   They're both receivers.

As a rook? Doubt it.. besides, proportionality would be a better measure.

And playmaking ability. Hurns looks very strong to me, stronger and tougher to wrastle to the ground than most..

We'll see, k?

I'd compare Hurns more to Michael Irvin Vs. Terrel Owens.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."