Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles vs Bridgewater

Both QBs will be getting there first starts this week. It'll be interesting to see which QB has the more successful season and eventually career. IMO both QBs are now playing on pretty equal offenses now with injuries to Kyle Rudolph and with APs legal trouble. Will it be:

#Tank4Teddy or #Bust4Bortles
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Your idea makes sense but I am afraid doing this would make a lot of board members wish we picked Teddy if he ends up playing better this season. That is just the way some fans are.

It is important to keep in mind the Vikings actually do not have a similar offense. They don't have rookies at center and right guard and a second-year player at left tackle who missed most of last year. They did not cut Adrian Peterson, just put him on the exempt list. That means he is like a suspended player and will come back. The Vikings are also older and more experienced. They probably run a different scheme too because new coach Mike Zimmer came from Cincinnati. So it really would just be a media thing to compare Teddy and Blake statistically.

Quote:Your idea makes sense but I am afraid doing this would make a lot of board members wish we picked Teddy if he ends up playing better this season. That is just the way some fans are.

It is important to keep in mind the Vikings actually do not have a similar offense. They don't have rookies at center and right guard and a second-year player at left tackle who missed most of last year. They did not cut Adrian Peterson, just put him on the exempt list. That means he is like a suspended player and will come back. The Vikings are also older and more experienced. They probably run a different scheme too because new coach Mike Zimmer came from Cincinnati. So it really would just be a media thing to compare Teddy and Blake statistically.

Their O-Line is better but our WRs are better. The running back situation is a wash. The situation is similar. Obviously they don't run the exact same offense as us.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2014, 03:23 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:Their O-Line is better but our WRs are better. The running back situation is a wash. The situation is similar. Obviously they don't run the exact same offense as us.

I don't know about that, I think our receivers have the potential to be better and we have more depth. But Greg Jennings is better than CSIII and Cordarrelle Patterson is a bigger Percy Harvin. I'd give the edge to the Vikings right now, just my opinion.

Quote:I don't know about that, I think our receivers have the potential to be better and we have more depth. But Greg Jennings is better than CSIII and Cordarrelle Patterson is a bigger Percy Harvin. I'd give the edge to the Vikings right now, just my opinion.

True, but the first half of that statement cannot be debated.

Finally, a couple of the most talked about 1st rd rookie QBs taken in the draft get their chance to start a game, and the same week too.

Buckle up, this should be fun to watch, our QB BB vs TB, the projected #1 QB in the draft for most of the last college season.

Which one will have the best, rest of the season, stat wise, record wise? It will be fun to watch.

Neither guy really has an EASY team to have a first start against, but at least TB is at home.

Stay tuned...............................................

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Both QBs will be getting there first starts this week. It'll be interesting to see which QB has the more successful season and eventually career. IMO both QBs are now playing on pretty equal offenses now with injuries to Kyle Rudolph and with APs legal trouble. Will it be:

#Tank4Teddy or #Bust4Bortles
IMO, I don't see Teddy having half the career Bortles does.

Quote:IMO, I don't see Teddy having half the career Bortles does.

I don't know what the expectations are for Teddy, but J.P Shadrick said Blake Bortles has the potential to be a notch below Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees.

Quote:I don't know about that, I think our receivers have the potential to be better and we have more depth. But Greg Jennings is better than CSIII and Cordarrelle Patterson is a bigger Percy Harvin. I'd give the edge to the Vikings right now, just my opinion.

calling patterson a bigger percy isnt really accurate. just because patterson is versatile doesnt mean he is nearly as physically gifted as harvin.

i think the situations are fairly similar in overall offensive talent minus peterson and including so many rookies for us.

itll be somewhat cool to see how they stack up each week.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:calling patterson a bigger percy isnt really accurate. just because patterson is versatile doesnt mean he is nearly as physically gifted as harvin.

i think the situations are fairly similar in overall offensive talent minus peterson and including so many rookies for us.

this^  Patterson has a good ways to go .  Harvin is one of the best players in the league when healthy

Quote:I don't know what the expectations are for Teddy, but J.P Shadrick said Blake Bortles has the potential to be a notch below Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees.

I'd put Brady above those two. Easily top 5 all time QB. Rodgers could get there possibly but I doubt it.
;

;

Quote:I'd put Brady above those two. Easily top 5 all time QB. Rodgers could get there possibly but I doubt it.

am i the only one who thinks its crazy for someone to try to predict how a players career will go after half of a game?

what exactly is a notch below brady? just seems like something stupid to say, to me anyway.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:am i the only one who thinks its crazy for someone to try to predict how a players career will go after half of a game?

what exactly is a notch below brady? just seems like something stupid to say, to me anyway.

Ask Shadrick
;

;

Quote:Am I the only one who thinks its crazy for someone to try to predict how a player's career will go after half of a game?

What exactly is a notch below Brady? Just seems like something stupid to say, to me anyway.

LOL You might want to ask John Oehser about that. I doubt you are the only one with that opinion.

Quote:Ask Shadrick

i think teddy bridgewater will be 4.5 notches below joe montana.

Harvin is on another level

I don't give a crap about Bridgewater as long as Bortles pans out.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2014, 08:29 AM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:calling patterson a bigger percy isnt really accurate. just because patterson is versatile doesnt mean he is nearly as physically gifted as harvin.

As someone that lives in the heart of downtown Minneapolis I'd say I'm pretty familiar with both players. Obviously CP isn't on Percy's level as a player <strong>yet but they're used in a similar fashion (did you see CP's 70+ yd run against the Rams), CP is one of the most explosive players in the league, to say he's not as physically gifted as Percy is ignorant, he's bigger than Percy and is just as physically dynamic, his ceiling is higher.</strong>

Quote:i think teddy bridgewater will be 4.5 notches below joe montana.
I can't take you seriously until you go to 3 decimal places. 

Quote:As someone that lives in the heart of downtown Minneapolis I'd say I'm pretty familiar with both players. Obviously CP isn't on Percy's level as a player <strong>yet but they're used in a similar fashion (did you see CP's 70+ yd run against the Rams), CP is one of the most explosive players in the league, to say he's not as physically gifted as Percy is ignorant, he's bigger than Percy and is just as physically dynamic, his ceiling is higher.</strong>

If Patterson has the size and skills to be better than Harvin with some more experience, Bridgewater should be fine throwing the ball to him. But what about Minnesota's other receivers?