Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles vs Bridgewater

Quote:As someone that lives in the heart of downtown Minneapolis I'd say I'm pretty familiar with both players. Obviously CP isn't on Percy's level as a player <strong>yet but they're used in a similar fashion (did you see CP's 70+ yd run against the Rams), CP is one of the most explosive players in the league, to say he's not as physically gifted as Percy is ignorant, he's bigger than Percy and is just as physically dynamic, his ceiling is higher.</strong>

Percy is a little faster, a lot more elusive in the open field, and stronger.

Just because Patterson is taller doesn't make his ceiling higher.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Today is the day both quarterbacks make their first start. Track their stats here.

I am just glad the reason Blake is starting was not medical. Poor Matt Cassel.

Derek Carr hurt.  Teddy Bridgewater sitting on the cart.  Stay strong Blake.

Quote:Percy is a little faster, a lot more elusive in the open field, and stronger.

Just because Patterson is taller doesn't make his ceiling higher.

I think you are selling Patterson short. FWIW, the dynasty football world absolutely loves Patterson's ceiling.

http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/dynasty-wr.php

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/47...ranks---wr

http://www.fftoday.com/rankings/dynasty....&LeagueID=

=WR]http://fftoolbox.scout.com/football/2014/fantasy-football-dynasty-rankings.cfm?[BLEEP]=WR

http://insider.espn.go.com/fantasy/footb...y-football

Note: I'm not saying Fantasy Football rankings mean much at all, just showing that there is a consensus opinion out there that Patterson has an extremely high ceiling.

Quote:Derek Carr hurt.  Teddy Bridgewater sitting on the cart.  Stay strong Blake.

Derek Carr was questionable to return. I hope that means his injury is not severe. NFL.com made that a breaking news story.

I never worried about Blake Bortles getting hurt today.

So how would you grade their first starts?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014, 10:56 AM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:So how would you grade their first starts?

It's so hard to compare the two, Teddy played against a defense that is absolutely awful against the run and pass, Blake played against one of the better ones in football. They both shined, I'm excited to see what Blake does next week against a depleted Pittsburgh D.

Quote:So how would you grade their first starts?

I think both guys showed us why are first round picks. Sometimes they used their legs to make plays. The NFL AM crew talked about them here:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap3000...er-Bortles

Quote:It's so hard to compare the two, Teddy played against a defense that is absolutely awful against the run and pass, Blake played against one of the better ones in football. They both shined, I'm excited to see what Blake does next week against a depleted Pittsburgh D.
Summed up perfectly.  I think Blake goes off this weekend.

Bridgewater's fall in the draft was astonishing to me, but I'm still happy with our choice. Bortles I believe has more potential. Bridgewater has way more around him. They are both going to be solid QBs, but I prefer Bortles.

Bridgewater's release is lightning fast. It remains to be seen who ends up better, but I thought Bridgewater looked better last week.

Lets see how Bortles does against a weaker defense like Bridgewater played, though.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

When Bridgewater meets Suh his career will end.

Quote:Bridgewater's release is lightning fast. It remains to be seen who ends up better, but I thought Bridgewater looked better last week.

Lets see how Bortles does against a weaker defense like Bridgewater played, though.

He looked better because he has a better team around him, and played at home against arguably the worst defense in football, I think both Bortles and Bridgewater will be special, but you have to toss last week out. I'm interested to see how Teddy performs tomorrow at Lambeau.

Quote:He looked better because he has a better team around him, and played at home against arguably the worst defense in football, I think both Bortles and Bridgewater will be special, but you have to toss last week out. I'm interested to see how Teddy performs tomorrow at Lambeau.

We played the Vikings last week?  No wonder we lost.  Playing two games in one week is brutal.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:We played the Vikings last week?  No wonder we lost.  Playing two games in one week is brutal.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:I have no idea what you're talking about.

We obviously have the worst defense, so if you say "the worst defense in football" you must be talking about us.

Quote:We obviously have the worst defense, so if you say "the worst defense in football" you must be talking about us.

Arguably*, read my dear.

Quote:Arguably*, read my dear.

You can't argue who has the worst defense. Everyone knows it is Jacksonville except the ignorant bunch that does not know 2 + 2.

I'll take Bortles. We all sit around talking about the guy that can rise above the trash surrounding him and making those players play better. He is the guy. He was on the road, in his first start, playing with five other rookies on offense and set a NFL record. I was a Bridgewater guy and i think he will be good but Bortles was better and will be better. I wish Bortles had Patterson and that line playing against 10 orange cones (10 because 11 orange cones is better than Atalanta defense).

3 weeks in. Where do they stand now?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."