Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prayers for my father on life support

My father's 71st birthday is coming up this week and he's going to spend it on a hospital bed.  Please keep my father in your prayers along with all the sick in the hospitals.  It is a very depressing scene to see so many people upset over their loved ones in the intensive care unit.  I know many that read this thread wont really care about a man they never meet or knew but my father served proudly in the United States Navy making the world a safer place for all.

He servered three tours in vietnam, and special covert missions in Korea.  He entered as an enlisted working his way up to Master Cheif E9 and then became a warrant officer moving up the officer ranks.  He retired from the Navy under honorable conditions over 26 years and even was entered into congressional record by Congresman Connolly for his service in the Navy and the community.  You see my father didnt stop helping out his country once he retired, he was a proud Catholic citizen whom joined the Knights of Columbus a charity group.  He served that charity as an officer too, even Grand Knight.  (Knights of Columbus fact JFK was a 3rd degree member my father is a 4th).

He reached out to the local law enforcement agencies and high schools and helped prevent drunk driving, and healing those whom lost loved ones from drunk driving by creating an event that takes place today placing bows on a giant christmas tree & reading poems of loved ones whom died as a result of drinking and driving in our county.   My father was always helping others from running special olympics, and raising money to hold the special olympics in our state to helping young men become priests.   Many people claim that their father is a hero, but mine truly was for he didnt just save his fellow shipmates lives in a canal in vietnam he saved mine.

I love you daddy...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm sorry to hear about your father! You and he are in my thoughts!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Sounds like community is going to lose an upstanding leader. I thank him for his services to our military as well..

My thoughts and prayers..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Thank you both.

Sorry to hear that your father is dealing with this challenging situation.  It's always difficult to watch a parent suffer, but as I'm sure your father believes, there's real power in faith and prayers.  Your father and your family are in our prayers.  As a fellow 4th degree, Vivat Jesus. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Thank you FBT!  I am sure if he passes away in the next day or two that the Lord will be there with open arms.   Thank you for your prayers.

May you find peace at this challanging time

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Thank you drifter.  I feel like I live in a hospital lately.

Consider it done man, stay strong this to shall pass.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:My father's 71st birthday is coming up this week and he's going to spend it on a hospital bed.  Please keep my father in your prayers along with all the sick in the hospitals.  

Will do.   Stay strong, man. 

Quote:  I feel like I live in a hospital lately.

I know the feeling, it was 21 years ago my Grandfather passed away. He languished in the hospital for months and I was there every day and night. So I know what you're going through. It isn't easy to watch a loved one slowly pass before your eyes. As I said before, May you find peace in this challanging time.

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Too early for him. You wonder why? For everything he has done. Why? Only faith and time make it heal. A part of you will be gone with him. I speak from experience.

But from my interpretations, and sorry for assuming, it sounds as though he wouldnt want sympathy. Want you to carry on. And certainly wouldn't want to know how bad it hurts, because that would hurt him.

Be strong for him. For yourself and the family.

I salute him. He sounds one of a kind.

Thank you Perro, he is a great man & father.

My thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Prayers are Abundant to you and your family...

I feel your pain for I spent the last two weeks of my Mothers life w/her (as she lived in Ohio and I in Florida), as she went from an serious infection to life support as well within The Cleveland Clinic. I too felt that many families were destined to lose Loved Ones as I did...

NH3...
"AZANE"

I pray for many of people I don't know personally and will add your father to that list. I also pray that you have a peace and rest during this time. 

Thinking of you and yours during this difficult time

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

As a Navy Veteran myself, I salute your father for his accomplishments.  Most people outside of the Navy don't realize what it takes to move all the way up the enlisted ranks, then move up as a Warrant Officer.

My father is also a 4th degree.

I also share a birthday with your father this week.

My thoughts and prayers are with your entire family.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

May you find peace in these troubling times.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I echo the sentiment of hoping you and your family find peace through all of this and that your father's name is on my prayer list.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!