Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What is the teams biggest weakness?
Offense
Defense
Special Teams
Coaching
[Show Results]

The Jaguars weakest link

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2014, 10:18 AM by DewtheMathis.)

The Jaguars are 0-3 going into the last game of the first quater of the season.  The team is ranked last (32) on Defense allowing too many points and far too much yards giving opposing teams QBs an average of 110 rating.

The offense has been an embarasment with our feature running back Toby Gerhart not able to break the 3 yards per average carry, and Chad Henne not being able to get a first down lead to his removal at QB. 

The team now has engery (Hope) with Blake Bortles starting at QB.  You could see it on the Offense and on the Defense once he went into the game.

That being said reviewing up to now who do you feel is the weakest link and why.

How can that person(s) improve to help the team out?

How would you rate this team overall in the NFL based on the current roster and depth chart?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Did you type out all those answers?

Coaching has been the biggest problem so far, because they took a pre-season spent building momentum and competition and then threw that in the garbage and sent the team the totally wrong message by starting Henne over Bortles.

The offense's weakest link has been Henne. There are a lot of weak links out there, but the QB is the link that allows the chain to be forged, and Henne doesn't allow for it.

I'm not sure how to answer this. Henne was the weakest link in games 1-3, but is no longer starting. I picked him, but going forward (barring injury to Bortles) he won't be a problem.

Likewise, Prosinski is the worst player on defense, but I didn't pick him because he's not starting. He played, and made some mistakes, but didn't play enough to be the biggest problem so far.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

great poll.     defense is the weakness at the moment.  gerhart needs to make something happen, I want to see some broken tackles, alittle life, something.  for defense its hard to single just one out.  so many missed assignments,  back seven for sure,  line isn't all pro but its not the major problem.

Im really sad to see all the Poz hate.  I love that guy.

Alualu. He gets worse every single day.

the two people who voted for Poz need to log off

Quote:the two people who voted for Poz need to log off

I voted for Winston Guy. He's been a complete liability.

Terrible in coverage and has a penchant for hitting guys late or on the ground for penalties.

Not that Poz is flawless. He's just not a modern day NFL linebacker, he doesn't cover well.

Offense was the biggest problem that should change soon. Henne was the weak link on offense but again that's all changed now.

On defense I've notice Gratz out of position more than anyone or playing soft and missing tackles he's regressed big time.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Coaching has been the biggest problem so far, because they took a pre-season spent building momentum and competition and then threw that in the garbage and sent the team the totally wrong message by starting Henne over Bortles.

The offense's weakest link has been Henne. There are a lot of weak links out there, but the QB is the link that allows the chain to be forged, and Henne doesn't allow for it.
Good post. I voted coaching as well. Would have probably voted GM if it were an option.

Why?

Who voted Bortles?

That's a lot of poll options!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

now 3 votes for Poz... im going to fight somebody on the internet

Quote:Who voted Bortles?

Chad Henne

Poz is our weakest link on defense. I hate to say it, I love the guy and I think he's a great classic, tough MLB. But he is god awful in pass coverage and is extremely slow. take away your personal bias torwards the guy for a second and try to count the times he's been blown by in pass coverage, or just too slow to make a play

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2014, 01:41 PM by badger.)

Quote:Poz is our weakest link on defense. I hate to say it, I love the guy and I think he's a great classic, tough MLB. But he is god awful in pass coverage and is extremely slow. take away your personal bias torwards the guy for a second and try to count the times he's been blown by in pass coverage, or just too slow to make a play

too slow yet he has almost twice as many tackles as the next guy.  A lot of those tackles were against the quickest guy in the league in Shady McCoy.  Several times I saw him run down Shady to the sideline.  He isn't even slow.  Look at the "fast" guys we have (Telvin, Reynolds, Watson).  They are getting beat just as bad if not more because they are lost in zone coverage.

This coverage weakness is a myth.  He is no different in coverage than every other MLB in the league not named Kuechly or Pat Willis.

If somebody could post these plays where Poz was "beat" I'd like to see it.  Throws over the top in the seam are really the safeties' responsibility to cover/help.  Those throws to Ertz and Fleener are not expected to be covered by a MLB.

Quote:Did you type out all those answers?
 Yep, Go Jags!

Quote:Coaching has been the biggest problem so far, because they took a pre-season spent building momentum and competition and then threw that in the garbage and sent the team the totally wrong message by starting Henne over Bortles.

I agree that the best player should get the starting role, and it was obivious to many that Borltes out played Chad Henne during preseason... but I guess he didnt want to go back on his word to let Borltes learn on the bench and Gus probably wanted to give every possible chance to Chad to succeed before benching him ... maybe to let players know its hard to get the position but also hard to lose it...

Quote:I'm not sure how to answer this. Henne was the weakest link in games 1-3, but is no longer starting. I picked him, but going forward (barring injury to Bortles) he won't be a problem.

Likewise, Prosinski is the worst player on defense, but I didn't pick him because he's not starting. He played, and made some mistakes, but didn't play enough to be the biggest problem so far.
Yeah I tried to put most of the players even those not starting since Gus is all about rotation and you never know what could happen (hopefully not) if Bortles gets injured....

Quote:great poll.     defense is the weakness at the moment.  gerhart needs to make something happen, I want to see some broken tackles, alittle life, something.  for defense its hard to single just one out.  so many missed assignments,  back seven for sure,  line isn't all pro but its not the major problem.
Thank you I agree that the Defense cant give up 39 points per game and expect this Offense to win it for them (or most offenses in the NFL except maybe the Broncos), and I agree Gerhart has a bad oline, and chad stunk so they didnt fear the pass game either but come on he has to do more .. hes supposed to be a power runner but I havent seen that either... 

Quote:Im really sad to see all the Poz hate.  I love that guy.
Me too, he's got a huge heart and he's very talented a top 5 ILB in the league if not the best when healthy & having the right guys next to him.  He still has a lot left in the tank for this year.

Quote:Alualu. He gets worse every single day.
As bad as Tyson Alualu is, I dont think hes horrible he's just like M. Lewis over payed & over hyped...  of course I could see them keeping Lewis with less pay but probably not Tyson unless he gets fire under his butt real quick..

Quote:the two people who voted for Poz need to log off
Everyone is allowed a vote or opinion but I do wish they had the courage to explain themselves.

Quote:I voted for Winston Guy. He's been a complete liability.

Terrible in coverage and has a penchant for hitting guys late or on the ground for penalties.

Not that Poz is flawless. He's just not a modern day NFL linebacker, he doesn't cover well.
I stand corrected, one person had the courage to state why he doesnt like Poz.