Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Geno Smith is for real, Ill eat my crow

He is easily a franchise QB.

He reads so well, he throws high percentage passes. He can move in the pocket.

He just needs help in the run game to set up the play action.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's not a bad quarterback, but he won't be great.

And I was definitely a "Draft Geno" guy when he was coming out.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Which board member coined the term "QB purgatory"?

The Jets are headed in that direction just good enough to stay relevant in December and maybe make the playoffs on a one and done type of season, but not bad enough to be in position to draft a true franchise QB.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Which board member coined the term "QB purgatory"?

The Jets are headed in that direction just good enough to stay relevant in December and maybe make the playoffs on a one and done type of season, but not bad enough to be in position to draft a true franchise QB.

KYjaggy, but I'm fairly certain he came across the term elsewhere.

Was not a fan of his coming out of college and thought he would be terrible in the NFL. While I still don't think he'll ever be a great QB, he's definitely exceeded my expectations so far. Needs to be more consistent to be "above average" for me.

Quote:Was not a fan of his coming out of college and thought he would be terrible in the NFL. While I still don't think he'll ever be a great QB, he's definitely exceeded my expectations so far. Needs to be more consistent to be "above average" for me.

If you are worried about someone not being above average, what do you think of our quarterback? For some players it takes time to become above average.

It's not like that matters though. Jets always go defense in the first rd

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2014, 09:23 AM by thunderbuns.)

Just curious what the OP saw last night that led him to post this thread.

He is OK. He still makes horrible decisions and has a pretty decent O-line that keeps him upright. If he can stop making bad decisions, the Jets are half-decent, but I fear "game manager" is the pinnacle for him.

This is what we hope the Tinhorns become...

Nah still glade we avoided him, all thought he's lasted longer then I initially thought. So I'll eat a little crow on him, but I'm happy we aren't stuck with him either.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:He is OK. He still makes horrible decisions and has a pretty decent O-line that keeps him upright. If he can stop making bad decisions, the Jets are half-decent, but I fear "game manager" is the pinnacle for him.

Yeah he has to learn to throw the ball away. Should be a pretty easy thing to fix but he still has 2-4 throws a game that should be picked off. Think he is more than a game manager and has the ability to put the team on his back. Could have used a better weapon than Kerley last night though.

Im see him as a David Garrard level qb

I like Geno a lot. Pretty good player right now.

And he can get better.

Quote: 

NY Jets QB Geno Smith may be running out of time as Michael Vick looms in background

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footba...-1.1949114

Quote:He is easily a franchise QB.

He reads so well, he throws high percentage passes. He can move in the pocket.

He just needs help in the run game to set up the play action.

I haven't watched any jets games, and looking at Geno's stats they're still quite pedestrian. 3 TDs and 4 INTs in 3 games with a 77 passer rating so far on the season.

Maybe we have differing definitions of franchise QB, but to me when I think franchise QB I think of a guy that drives his team to wins in close games.

Both of their losses so far have been by a single score, so did he drive the Jets at the end of the games to TDs just to get that close, or did he simply fail to lead the team back?

Quote:I haven't watched any jets games, and looking at Geno's stats they're still quite pedestrian. 3 TDs and 4 INTs in 3 games with a 77 passer rating so far on the season.

Maybe we have differing definitions of franchise QB, but to me when I think franchise QB I think of a guy that drives his team to wins in close games.

Both of their losses so far have been by a single score, so did he drive the Jets at the end of the games to TDs just to get that close, or did he simply fail to lead the team back?

Dude, this is the guy that compared Trent Richardson to Darren Sproles...
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Dude, this is the guy that compared Trent Richardson to Darren Sproles...

For real?

Quote:Dude, this is the guy that compared Trent Richardson to Darren Sproles...

Oh okay, so just someone that ate too many paint chips as a kid?

Quote:Oh okay, so just someone that ate too many paint chips as a kid?

Seems likely

;

;