Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Geno Smith is for real, Ill eat my crow

This should be the crow eating thread for all the people that wanted us to draft him. I still think Manziel will be one of if not the best qb out of this class along with Bortles. If not I'll eat crow for wanting Manziel

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I like Geno a lot. Pretty good player right now.

And he can get better.

Hmmm, yeah... about that...
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I'm not Geno's fan but to be fair current Jets are not a good environment for a young QB. Just look at Mark Sanchez. He's playing a lot better in Philly with good offensive minded HC and players like McCoy, Sproles, Maclin and Matthews around him. Who did Geno have in his rookie season?

Geno is not a franchise QB and will never be, but he was drafted in the 2nd round, so I doubt anyone really expect him to become that. The Jets drafted him because they know Sanchez is not an answer. If he would developed into a good QB, ok, if not, they were not tied to him for a long time. But as it turned out 2013 was just a weak QB class in an overall bad draft. Mike Glennon would probably be better for them, but I don't think he would last there a lot longer, either.

Sure Geno is a dissapointment so far in his career, but he's far from the biggest problem in the Jets organization. They need a complete rebuild this offseason, starting with a new GM and HC. Only good thing in that team is their front 7 on defense.

it's possible that Rex Ryan has no idea how to coach a QB.  See Mark Sanchez who suddenly looks really good in PHI.

Quote:Hmmm, yeah... about that...

coming from the guy who thinks Alualu is good. Hmmmm about that.

Quote:coming from the guy who thinks Alualu is good. Hmmmm about that.

he was also a staunch Gabbert supporter

Quote:coming from the guy who thinks Alualu is good. Hmmmm about that.

Never could admit you were wrong about anything, could you. Cute.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Never could admit you were wrong about anything, could you. Cute.
Oh no Geno Smith is no good.  My life is ruined. 

Just imagine for a few minutes Geno Smith as the Jags QB for the last 2 seasons.

And Gus keeping him as the starter, game after game after game like he did with Gabby.

Not a very pretty thought if you ask me.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Winston will be in NY :yes:

Think about it before you answer

Quote:He is easily a franchise QB.

He reads so well, he throws high percentage passes. He can move in the pocket.

He just needs help in the run game to set up the play action.
Haha, funny stuff Geno Smith sucks so bad that Rex barely used him last week and when he did he threw an INT that ruined the game for the Jets.

Geno and Rex out of a job in a few weeks. 

Gene's Myth

Quote:Geno and Rex out of a job in a few weeks.
more people than just them should be fired in new York. They do have some pieces, but they are so far behind in that division.

Another reason to not take anything JagFanatic24 says seriously.

This reminds me of...the past.

Have you seen my baseball?

Holy cow.... 2 year old dig up.... to throw some shade....

How horrible is our season

I can't quote...but just read some of the stuff that was written.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:Holy cow.... 2 year old dig up.... to throw some shade....

How horrible is our season

I was actually looking back for a derek carr thread from the 14 draft. This wasn't my intent. But i actually despise this poster more than Bklyn so when I saw he was the one who started it I felt like bumping it.

Quote:I was actually looking back for a derek carr thread from the 14 draft. This wasn't my intent. But i actually despise this poster more than Bklyn so when I saw he was the one who started it I felt like bumping it.
They ain't worth your time bruh lol

wasting perfectly good energy

Quote:Which board member coined the term "QB purgatory"?

The Jets are headed in that direction just good enough to stay relevant in December and maybe make the playoffs on a one and done type of season, but not bad enough to be in position to draft a true franchise QB.

I still stand by my thought.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."